ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 120
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Megatron96 02:23 PM 08-05-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The '95 club was really bad.

It also led to the hiring of LaRussa and a restructuring of the front office.

Sadly, that was back when DeWitt gave a shit. This team is as bad or arguably worse than the '95 squad and nothing at all will be done about it. DeWitt won't fire Mozeliak and Mozeliak won't fire Marmol.

Seems like it may be a good time to check out on this ballclub for a couple years. They don't care about you so don't even pretend to care about them. You're a line-item on a budget at nothing else; a statistic.

He doesn't care about this franchise and he doesn't care about its fans. Bill DeWitt cares about the balance sheet - so hit him there.

Again, probably some bias on my part, but even that '95 in retrospect seemed to be better defensively than this team. They look like the BNBs. At the beginning of the movie.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:40 PM 08-05-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Again, probably some bias on my part, but even that '95 in retrospect seemed to be better defensively than this team. They look like the BNBs. At the beginning of the movie.
Nah - that '95 team was a struggle defensively as well.

Their only real asset was Brian Jordan and he wasn't as good as O'Neill. Lankford wasn't as good as Noot. Gilkey sucked plenty in his own right (though not Walker levels of suck).

Mabry was a credible defender at 1b but he wasn't as good as Goldschmidt. Ozzie was hurt. Oquendo did credible work around the IF but Edman is more than capable of giving us that and then some. I think we were playing Geronimo Pena at 2b and he's every bit the butcher Gorman is.

The '95 team certainly didn't have anyone at Arenado's level.

The '95 team actually had less talent than this year's squad. But while they didn't have an asset at manager, they didn't have someone like Marmol actively sabotaging it either. They were an undertalented team that was roughly the sum of its parts. This team is an average team in terms of raw talent that's nowhere NEAR the sum of it's parts.

The incoming management had a bigger job in front of them then next year's squad will have, but they had a plan and a HoF manager. This squad has an ambivalent owner, a bulletproof front office and a complete moron on the bench. We won't recover the way the '96 squad did.

But that's not because this team is worse than the '95 squad was. It's because its leadership is.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:04 PM 08-05-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nah - that '95 team was a struggle defensively as well.

Their only real asset was Brian Jordan and he wasn't as good as O'Neill. Lankford wasn't as good as Noot. Gilkey sucked plenty in his own right (though not Walker levels of suck).

Mabry was a credible defender at 1b but he wasn't as good as Goldschmidt. Ozzie was hurt. Oquendo did credible work around the IF but Edman is more than capable of giving us that and then some. I think we were playing Geronimo Pena at 2b and he's every bit the butcher Gorman is.

The '95 team certainly didn't have anyone at Arenado's level.

The '95 team actually had less talent than this year's squad. But while they didn't have an asset at manager, they didn't have someone like Marmol actively sabotaging it either. They were an undertalented team that was roughly the sum of its parts. This team is an average team in terms of raw talent that's nowhere NEAR the sum of it's parts.

The incoming management had a bigger job in front of them then next year's squad will have, but they had a plan and a HoF manager. This squad has an ambivalent owner, a bulletproof front office and a complete moron on the bench. We won't recover the way the '96 squad did.

But that's not because this team is worse than the '95 squad was. It's because its leadership is.

Well said. And I have to agree at this point. Thx for the run down.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:38 PM 08-05-2023
:-)I'd take Ray and BJ over this trash
[Reply]
bdj23 06:07 PM 08-05-2023
Originally Posted by :
Seems like it may be a good time to check out on this ballclub for a couple years. They don't care about you so don't even pretend to care about them. You're a line-item on a budget at nothing else; a statistic.
Been saying this for a couple of years. Even though I've had fun, Busch is now the same as spending the day at Worlds of Fun. The product on the field is second fiddle to the pre and post game festivities.

Just try to not get shot
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:08 PM 08-05-2023
Or stabbed by one of the bums
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:39 PM 08-05-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Is this the worst Cards team in anyone's memory? I've only watched parts of maybe 4-5 games, and maybe I'm guilty of some bias, but I can't remember a single season where every game the pitching/defense was so unwatchable.
Not a chance. The 70’s teams were awful.
[Reply]
VAChief 04:15 PM 08-06-2023
I flew into St Louis Thursday to see my brother on my birthday, he acquired access to the Bank of America suite right behind home plate which was really a nice experience.

Unfortunately it was a night Oli pulls out the AAA lineup, but the topper was watching dumbfounded as he left Motter in to bat as the tying run coming to the plate. I mean I had a nice time hanging out in the suite being catered to and hanging out with family, but what about the guy who spent 300 bucks to bring his family to that fiasco. It’s the breaks that stars get a break, but when the game is on the line you pinch hit your all star there, or at least TON or Contreras.
The stupidity or I think maybe arrogance of management is staggering.

You want worse news I watched AA squad down in Springfield last night and other than the new infielder we just picked up from Texas there is 0 potential major league talent (other than Hence who didn’t pitch).

They can make 0 mistakes from now on in trades, the cupboard is bare!
[Reply]
bdj23 04:22 PM 08-06-2023
Should i go this band of losers play the other band of losers at the K this weekend?
[Reply]
Ocotillo 05:09 PM 08-06-2023

SS Masyn Winn, the top prospect in the #STLCards system, left today's Memphis game with what the club is calling a "mild glute strain." The injury occurred when Winn hit a base awkwardly in the 6th inning & felt pain.

Winn, 21, has hit .286 with 17 HRs, 59 RBI & an .827 OPS.

— John Denton (@JohnDenton555) August 6, 2023

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:08 PM 08-06-2023
Guess which former Cardinals OFer is hitting .290/.333/.491 w/ 19 homers and a 117 wRC+?

Is it Arozarena? No
Garcia? No.

The answer is Lane Thomas
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:44 PM 08-06-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Guess which former Cardinals OFer is hitting .290/.333/.491 w/ 19 homers and a 117 wRC+?

Is it Arozarena? No
Garcia? No.

The answer is Lane Thomas
Ah, the former Blue Jay draft pick the Cardinals acquired for international bonus $.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:58 PM 08-06-2023
Damn this team has no clue how to evaluate OF talent
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:10 AM 08-07-2023
Yeah imagine if they traded Noot he’d probably make Acuna look like a giant piece of shit
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:29 AM 08-07-2023
Cardinals are back behind the Pirates in the standings. Now only the Rockies have a worse record in the NL.

The Royals, A's and White Sox have worse records out of the AL.

That's company you want to be keeping, for sure...
[Reply]
Page 81 of 120
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591 > Last »
Up