ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 185
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Rain Man 03:19 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think you need to watch him more.

He has used a straight bull rush several times and been successful with it.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
JPH83 03:29 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Just beating the backup slapdick tackles we do face is a huge contribution. Nobody ever ****ing did that last year. As in when the matchup is favorable, you actually take advantage of the situation.

It’s ****ing embarrassing how good the dogshit Cincy OL looked against us both times last year
Entirely agree.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:49 PM 09-07-2022
So, let's say Taylor is correct and he gets to 7. If Jones can get his 10 and Dunlap gets 6 you can probably count on Frank Clark for 4 or 5. All others will be helpful but nobody else is going to have a really significant impact IMHO, maybe 3 or 4 from Wharton, 1 or 2 from Nnadi and blitzes should add quite a few from LBs and secondary.

The addition of George and Dunlap has me feeling optimistic that our pass rush will be much improved from last year. Probably top half of the league anyway. The rate of wins not converted to sacks last season should be an indicator that lack of coverage downfield was as much of a problem as the actual pass rush anyway.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:53 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
So, let's say Taylor is correct and he gets to 7. If Jones can get his 10 and Dunlap gets 6 you can probably count on Frank Clark for 4 or 5. All others will be helpful but nobody else is going to have a really significant impact IMHO, maybe 3 or 4 from Wharton, 1 or 2 from Nnadi and blitzes should add quite a few from LBs and secondary.

The addition of George and Dunlap has me feeling optimistic that our pass rush will be much improved from last year. Probably top half of the league anyway. The rate of wins not converted to sacks last season should be an indicator that lack of coverage downfield was as much of a problem as the actual pass rush anyway.
We are going to get more pressure this year than we have for the last three years for sure.

You have to Double Jones.....

So Clark/George are going to get 1on1's
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:06 PM 09-07-2022
im super excited to watch this kid ball the **** out on Sunday
most excited in a long time for a specific player other than His Mahighness
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:07 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Entirely agree.
What will forever be one of the most embarrassing stats I've ever seen:

The Bengals in the post-season:

Cin v. LVR: 36 drop-backs, 2 sacks
vs. Ten: 46 drop-backs, 9 sacks
vs. LAR: 40 drop-backs, 7 sacks

122 drop backs and he was sacked 18 times.

In 38 drop backs against KC he was sacked once. And somehow even that doesn't feel representative of how truly inept the DL was. It wasn't just a lack of sacks - they didn't push the pocket or create havoc anywhere.

That may have been the worst offensive line to ever make a Super Bowl. And the Chiefs DL just had NOTHING for them. They were garbage at every position on the OL. That OL wasn't appreciably better than what the Chiefs ran out there against TB the previous Super Bowl. It was hot garbage.

That's why I'll simply never understand bringing Frank Clark back. Or believing Mike Danna is the answer to a question worth asking. Or thinking Chris Jones is a guy who can be the alpha male on a championship caliber defense. That single performance just perfectly encapsulate everything that was wrong with the DL last year.

In a game where we had a 21-3 lead and KNEW they were going to have to throw the ball, the defensive line simply had nothing to offer.

When Brett Veach saw his OL crater and end the season in the SB, he pulled out every stop imaginable to fix it. When his saw this DL put together one of the more pathetic post-season performances you'll ever see he did...not nearly as much.

I just do not understand how they think this DL is going to be good enough because of one significant draft addition and an old guy who wins with length and couldn't stay healthy through the pre-season (while simultaneously jettisoning the most consistent guy we had on the DL last year). It really is a head-scratcher.

Wherefore art thou, Big Shel!!!!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:57 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What will forever be one of the most embarrassing stats I've ever seen:

The Bengals in the post-season:

Cin v. LVR: 36 drop-backs, 2 sacks
vs. Ten: 46 drop-backs, 9 sacks
vs. LAR: 40 drop-backs, 7 sacks

122 drop backs and he was sacked 18 times.

In 38 drop backs against KC he was sacked once. And somehow even that doesn't feel representative of how truly inept the DL was. It wasn't just a lack of sacks - they didn't push the pocket or create havoc anywhere.

That may have been the worst offensive line to ever make a Super Bowl. And the Chiefs DL just had NOTHING for them. They were garbage at every position on the OL. That OL wasn't appreciably better than what the Chiefs ran out there against TB the previous Super Bowl. It was hot garbage.

That's why I'll simply never understand bringing Frank Clark back. Or believing Mike Danna is the answer to a question worth asking. Or thinking Chris Jones is a guy who can be the alpha male on a championship caliber defense. That single performance just perfectly encapsulate everything that was wrong with the DL last year.

In a game where we had a 21-3 lead and KNEW they were going to have to throw the ball, the defensive line simply had nothing to offer.

When Brett Veach saw his OL crater and end the season in the SB, he pulled out every stop imaginable to fix it. When his saw this DL put together one of the more pathetic post-season performances you'll ever see he did...not nearly as much.

I just do not understand how they think this DL is going to be good enough because of one significant draft addition and an old guy who wins with length and couldn't stay healthy through the pre-season (while simultaneously jettisoning the most consistent guy we had on the DL last year). It really is a head-scratcher.

Wherefore art thou, Big Shel!!!!
who did we 'jettison'? Ingram? Oh he of two sacks all year?

And Dunlap averages about 8 sacks a year. That's not chopped liver. And last year, splitting time with two teams, he had 6, which is...well, it's 4 more than Ingram, who is your 'jettisoned' most consistent player.

Jones back inside full time should return to double digits. if Dunlap pitches in his usual 8, Furious George 8, and Clark does 6, Danna a couple, Wharton a couple, we'll be okay.

Remember that we were top third in pass rush win rate; that says that we couldn't cover. We should be better there.

I think we'll be fine. Especially later in the season.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:59 PM 09-07-2022
I'm pumped to see Furious George! May he crush the pencil necked midget in glorious fashion!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:00 PM 09-07-2022
They were garbage at every position on the OL.
Not quite. The left side of the line for the Bengals was 'ok'

Just the right side was a tire fire. Burrow was barely mobile at that point, which makes the Chiefs DL effort even more pathetic.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:03 PM 09-07-2022
Had to go and check, but let's be fair: in the AFCCG vs. CIN last season the Chiefs D only allowed one TD and a pair of FGs in the second half. Okay, yea, it was an embarrasment that they didn't get to Burrow more often, or even really make him move off his spot, but seriously, if you told me going into the game that the Chiefs would have a 11 pt lead going into the 2nd half (in which they flat dominated CIN on both sides of the ball), and that CIN would only score 13 points in the second half, I'd have bet the farm that the Chiefs would roll in that game.

But the facts are the facts: the Chiefs offense scored just 3 points in the second half.

People can shit on the Chiefs defense all they want for not getting to Burrow in that game, but as a unit they did their job.

It was the offense that shit the bed in unbelievable catastrophic fashion, not the defense.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:20 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'm pumped to see Furious George! May he crush the pencil necked midget in glorious fashion!
2 sacks Sunday against the midget. 15 on the year.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:22 PM 09-07-2022
I can’t wait to see Karlaftis and JJ Watt with the post game - torch passing - jersey swap after George sacks Kyler 2-3 times when Kyler can’t find anyone open.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:10 PM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Had to go and check, but let's be fair: in the AFCCG vs. CIN last season the Chiefs D only allowed one TD and a pair of FGs in the second half. Okay, yea, it was an embarrasment that they didn't get to Burrow more often, or even really make him move off his spot, but seriously, if you told me going into the game that the Chiefs would have a 11 pt lead going into the 2nd half (in which they flat dominated CIN on both sides of the ball), and that CIN would only score 13 points in the second half, I'd have bet the farm that the Chiefs would roll in that game.

But the facts are the facts: the Chiefs offense scored just 3 points in the second half.

People can shit on the Chiefs defense all they want for not getting to Burrow in that game, but as a unit they did their job.

It was the offense that shit the bed in unbelievable catastrophic fashion, not the defense.
You'll get very little disagreement from anyone there.

And when you say "The Chiefs Offense" shit the bed - I think we all know what you really mean. Patrick Mahomes cratered. When the most important player on your team isn't just leaving points on the field but rather he is actively costing you them, you're really in a world of hurt.

But this is still one of those situations where the defense could have pulled it from the fire and they didn't. We've asked Mahomes to do it many times - was it really too much to ask for the highest paid DL in football to do ANYTHING in the most important game of the year?

It was real real REAL bad.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:20 PM 09-08-2022
You'll get very little disagreement from anyone there.

And when you say "The Chiefs Offense" shit the bed - I think we all know what you really mean. Patrick Mahomes cratered. When the most important player on your team isn't just leaving points on the field but rather he is actively costing you them, you're really in a world of hurt.

But this is still one of those situations where the defense could have pulled it from the fire and they didn't. We've asked Mahomes to do it many times - was it really too much to ask for the highest paid DL in football to do ANYTHING in the most important game of the year?

It was real real REAL bad.

Reid was the problem not Pat. He kept calling passing plays vs an 3 man front. When we had run well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:24 PM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Reid was the problem not Pat. He kept calling passing plays vs an 3 man front. When we had run well.
There were players open all over the damn field. Pat just wouldn't throw it or couldn't hit it.

I mean how many video's did you have to see of him staring at guys open and clutching? He had two guys he could've thrown the game-winning score to on throws he's made 100 times and he just tucked it.

Pat was playing scared; playing not to lose. And it's why we lost.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 185
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Up