ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 97
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>JuJu to Kansas City
Dante84 02:20 PM 03-18-2022

#ChiefsKingdom Let’s Go!

— JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) March 18, 2022

JuJu Smith-Schuster is getting a one-year, $10.75M deal with the Chiefs, per source.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 18, 2022

[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:08 PM 01-01-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
It's a tough one. I don't think either MVS or Juju are guys I'd say we desperately need to bring back, especially not at rhe numbers being talked about but we're getting pretty thin. If we can get a middling DE and upgrade RT in FA then MAYBE you could see us drafting another WR in the first. Otherwise you've gotta think it's from R2 onwards and again a bit of a 50-50 as to their impact as rookies.

If MVS walked and we got JJSS for £18m or less I could stomach it but that is a lot for what he is imo. Still think we could get a guy like Meyers for less and see as much production.
See that's the thing. I mean, it's easy to argue that WE SHOULD GET HOPKINS OR METCALF!

but I mean, yeah, well, we have big holes in a lot of places that we won't be able to put quality players in if we do that. And for how much gain at WR? I mean, we had long stretches of the season where we were ineffective last year with Hill and Kelce. What makes anyone think inserting Hopkins or Metcalf makes that different?

And look, i think it's much more important this offseason to get the DLine to where we can effectively and consistently pressure with 4 than it is to have a slightly more number oneish offense than the number one offense we currently have. I mean, come on. I don't know why that's controversial. I think that and protecting Mahomes should be the priorities. But I guess that's just nuts.

Yeah, let's sign Metcalf or Hopkins and get Wylie back for minimum wage and do that again. Maybe we'll just plug him in at left tackle. AND have no legit answer at DE other than George.

For fuck's sake.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:10 PM 01-01-2023
I think Hardman will go quickly in FA. I’d love to have him another year, but it’s doubtful that happens.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 05:10 PM 01-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Ok, let's look at 2023.

Spotrac currently has us $18m under the estimated cap.

That's about what it would cost to bring back Juju, but if you don't...

If you cut Clark you pick up $20m. So that's $38m.

Jones is $28m. So, if you extend him, maybe get that number down to $20m?

So you're at $46m.

You have no LT at all. Average LT salary is like $16m. A plus pass rusher is going to be $15-20m. Average Rt is like what, $12 or $14? And you're done. Or you can skip one of those and pay a Metcalf.

This is dumb. It doesn't have to be this way, and it should not be.

We re at 28 mil next year. Then add in how much more thurs increasing if

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:14 PM 01-01-2023
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
We re at 28 mil next year. Then add in how much more thurs increasing if

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs
You're bad at math. That number is $25. Or Overthecap is. That math doesn't add up. Whatever. Anyway, you'll notice we have 33 players under contract. So we're a little short of 53, as you can see. Add Clark's $20m, and it's still pretty damned tight to go on a spending spree, but have fun dreaming.

And that's a higher estimated cap than Spotrac has.

But even so, it's still not enough to fill : DE, LT, RT as well as sign a top of the market FA WR.

I'm tired of repeating myself.

You guys go ahead.
[Reply]
Danguardace 02:46 AM 01-02-2023
alright, well then you go into next year with Moore, and Toney. And MVS, if you want to pay him $10m. Personally, I'd rather cut MVS, take an extra $8m and have Juju, but that's just me.

Or you can pay none of them and have Metcalf or Hopkins at $20m plus and have draftees at DE, no NFL caliber LT or RT.

I mean, you know, it'd be nice to have studs everywhere, but it comes down to either paying one or two studs and having bums everywhere or spreading the money out and having no serious deficiencies anywhere. I'd rather do that, is all I'm saying.
I get you, I think we'll see what the long term strategy is for the team with this deal. It is not a great Free agent class at all. Me Personally I'm going to try and sure up both Lines and a vet corner. Mahomes can make it work with anybody imo I think he needs a better defense.
[Reply]
-King- 07:56 AM 01-02-2023
Yeah, probably not paying a top of the market WR contract for the next several years. I don't know why you think that's shocking, when they literally just sent Hill packing.

Maybe in 5 or 6 years, when Mahomes deal is a steal of a bargain we can afford to. Especially if we don't hit that piggy bank in the meantime.
Apparently they were ready to pay Hill until he wanted to be paid the absolute top of the market so...

I don't know why people think having Mahomes and his contract means we can never re-sign top talent on offense. Especially when there's a huge difference between what a guy like Hill got and what guys like McLaurin and DK got.
[Reply]
Chargem 09:38 AM 01-02-2023
Yeah, probably not paying a top of the market WR contract for the next several years. I don't know why you think that's shocking, when they literally just sent Hill packing.

Maybe in 5 or 6 years, when Mahomes deal is a steal of a bargain we can afford to. Especially if we don't hit that piggy bank in the meantime.
Originally Posted by -King-:
Apparently they were ready to pay Hill until he wanted to be paid the absolute top of the market so...

I don't know why people think having Mahomes and his contract means we can never re-sign top talent on offense. Especially when there's a huge difference between what a guy like Hill got and what guys like McLaurin and DK got.
You're actually agreeing with him King. Is this just people having different definitions of what "top" is?

DK and McLaurin are probably in the same tier of talent as JJSS, who might get similar money. I'd be okay with that. I don't love MVS for the amount of money he is getting, but if JJSS has a smaller cap hit in year 1 of a ~3 year deal and you're intending to cut MVS after year 2, I'm fine with that.

I don't think anyone is saying you can't re-sign top talent on offense, it's a question of WHERE to spend the money on offense, tackle vs receiver?
[Reply]
-King- 09:58 AM 01-02-2023
Originally Posted by Chargem:
You're actually agreeing with him King. Is this just people having different definitions of what "top" is?

DK and McLaurin are probably in the same tier of talent as JJSS, who might get similar money. I'd be okay with that. I don't love MVS for the amount of money he is getting, but if JJSS has a smaller cap hit in year 1 of a ~3 year deal and you're intending to cut MVS after year 2, I'm fine with that.

I don't think anyone is saying you can't re-sign top talent on offense, it's a question of WHERE to spend the money on offense, tackle vs receiver?
Uh...no, no they're not lol. They are absolutely #1 type receivers. They're not the elite of the elite like a Hill, Jefferson, or Chase, but they're just a tier below. If you can re-sign them for the money they got, you should absolutely do it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:10 AM 01-02-2023
I have a hard time seeing it at this point.

Smith-Schuster has been good for KC this year, but I don't think he has done anything that is irreplaceable (I sound like DJ now, don't I?).

What Skyy Moore has flashed when Smith-Schuster was unavailable makes me think that's probably the guy that fills Juju's role when he departs.

Hope he gets a huge deal, though. He will deserve it after helping KC win the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
philfree 10:13 AM 01-02-2023
The cap always goes up and then if I'm Mahomes and want to win Championships I'd do a restructure/extension to create cap room so the team could upgrade my protection and also get me quality weapons which will also protect me. Understand what's being said but it's not written in stone that we can't afford players because Mahomes.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:17 AM 01-02-2023
Originally Posted by philfree:
The cap always goes up and then if I'm Mahomes and want to win Championships I'd do a restructure/extension to create cap room so the team could upgrade my protection and also get me quality weapons which will also protect me. Understand what's being said but it's not written in stone that we can't afford players because Mahomes.
There are guys I'm willing to get into the Mahomes piggy bank for. I don't think Smith-Schuster is one of them.

OL and DL upgrades? OK.

Shoot, I'd even say that if you're going to run to like $18M per year on Smith-Schuster, might it not be even more impactful to spend 2/3 of that on Saquon Barkley?

(ducks)
[Reply]
philfree 10:27 AM 01-02-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
There are guys I'm willing to get into the Mahomes piggy bank for. I don't think Smith-Schuster is one of them.

OL and DL upgrades? OK.

Shoot, I'd even say that if you're going to run to like $18M per year on Smith-Schuster, might it not be even more impactful to spend 2/3 of that on Saquon Barkley?

(ducks)
JUJU is one concussion away from serious time off the field so I worry about giving him a big contract. I appreciate what he's done this year but there's some risk in signing him. His often-sore knee is another reason and it's why he came on the cheap.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 10:30 AM 01-02-2023
Is there a majority opinion on wanting to re-sign him? Always so many posts to catch up on.

For me, absolutely no - assuming he'll cost the big dollars. But absolutely yes if the market continues to underappreciate him, and/or he wants to take a discount to stay. He's one of the VERY few guys who actually seems like they'd do that.

Obviously playoffs can change this. Love to see him have a huge run. It's easy to get the sense ONE of our WRs steps up and becomes a real alpha when we need it most.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:44 AM 01-02-2023
You're bad at math. That number is $25. Or Overthecap is. That math doesn't add up. Whatever. Anyway, you'll notice we have 33 players under contract. So we're a little short of 53, as you can see. Add Clark's $20m, and it's still pretty damned tight to go on a spending spree, but have fun dreaming.

And that's a higher estimated cap than Spotrac has.

But even so, it's still not enough to fill : DE, LT, RT as well as sign a top of the market FA WR.

I'm tired of repeating myself.

You guys go ahead.
Current cap: $28.3 million

Restructure Mahomes (like they do every year): $31.5 million
Cut Frank Clark: $19.6 million
Extend Chris Jones: $15 million

There’s some other stuff you could do but before any bump in the salary cap those three moves get us to $94.4 million. More than enough to sign whoever we want to WR, DE, OT.
[Reply]
scho63 11:11 AM 01-02-2023
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Current cap: $28.3 million

Restructure Mahomes (like they do every year): $31.5 million
Cut Frank Clark: $19.6 million
Extend Chris Jones: $15 million

There’s some other stuff you could do but before any bump in the salary cap those three moves get us to $94.4 million. More than enough to sign whoever we want to WR, DE, OT.
I'm onboard with this. Not sure Jones will take $15 mil
[Reply]
Page 81 of 97
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591 > Last »
Up