ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 95
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****
Bearcat 06:06 PM 07-21-2021

[Reply]
DaFace 09:19 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I didn't go back and watch them, but in real time both boardings looked pretty blatant. The non-call that would have been an Avalanche PP happened first, so when Avalanche player boarded TB guy on the other end of the ice a couple minutes later, I was immediately yelling at my TV.... YOU DIDN'T CALL THE OTHER ONE!

Glad they accepting my logic.

Landeskog's play against Hedman was strange... it's like he crosschecked Hedman in the thigh, which along the near boards looked like a trip, but thought they basically got it right.
If you want an example of a very clear trip, you can find those, too.

If I were to tweet like Tampa is tonight I'd probably say something like:

did yall know a helmet falling off isn't allowed to stop an imminent scoring chance but a trip sure is? pic.twitter.com/ZcSl6RrFAm

— Nathan Rudolph (@Nathan__Rudolph) June 23, 2022

[Reply]
DaFace 09:23 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Again, to preface my comments, I don't know the minutia of hockey.

I understand fudging the distance by the players getting off and on the ice but..... its the finals, he definitely came out early, scored the winning goal and probably won the series. Something that decides a championship game should be reviewable.

They did let a lot of things go in that game.
There is zero chance that TMM will ever be reviewable. It's just too fuzzy of a rule. To make it more clear, you'd have to paint change cushion boxes on the ice, and you'd have guys "tagging up" dragging a foot coming out of it. It would be ridiculous.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:27 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There is zero chance that TMM will ever be reviewable. It's just too fuzzy of a rule. To make it more clear, you'd have to paint change cushion boxes on the ice, and you'd have guys "tagging up" dragging a foot coming out of it. It would be ridiculous.
As I said, they let a lot of shit go last night. Didn't seem to favor one team over another.

Looked like a decision to just let them play.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:37 AM 06-23-2022
If you want an example of a very clear trip, you can find those, too.
Yep, I remember that one and it's one of the few they actually replayed.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:52 AM 06-23-2022
And as I mention, if Nichushkin comes off when Kadri comes on, there's zero issue, since Nichushkin is right there... and Nichushkin just ends up trailing Kadri with no one around him and no impact on the play.

If those two end up with a 2 on 1 or something, I could see the argument because then Kadri comes off early when Nichushkin should have changed.

Nichushkin getting off or MacKinnon a couple seconds later though... meh, that confusion doesn't really impact anything.

I used to be a huge advocate for replay and getting it right, but it's definitely obnoxious at times, like when they find someone was offsides by a quarter of an inch when play went on for 15 seconds.... or for like baseball when a tag is applied and they replay it to determine you could have slipped a sheet of paper between the player and the base, so he's out.

If they had too many men replayable, they would at least need a "touch up" box around the bench and say the player coming off has to be within that box... but of course you would still have replays to determine if the player's skate was on the line or whatever.

I grudgingly agree with getting offsides right, but the too many men thing would be pretty obnoxious, IMO.... outside of the Preds/Avalanche game earlier this season when the freakin Preds had too many men in OT and they called it against the Avalanche. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:53 AM 06-23-2022
Ha, guess I should read first.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:57 AM 06-23-2022
I do like Cooper a lot. He reminds me a lot of Bednar.

#GoBolts coach Jon Cooper backtracks on his gripe of #Avs’ Game 4 OT goal #StanleyCupFinal pic.twitter.com/mIDRIWmzvO

— Mike Chambers (@MikeChambers) June 23, 2022

I'm not sure this is really "backtracking," but it's clear that he understands that you sometimes win on those calls and you sometimes lose.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:29 AM 06-23-2022
That's cool, he's always seemed so personable and laid back, and totally get the moment of weakness dealing with the media sometimes.

They asked Bednar last night what he though of Kuemper and "the noise of him possibly not starting game 4" :-)

Media: Fabricates a goalie controversy and talks about it for two days
Also the media: Asks how well Kuemper handled all the noise they created.

Almost like it was a science experiment... do you think we should create more noise next time? Maybe throw in some "sources" who say it's not decided who's starting?
[Reply]
DaFace 11:52 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
That's cool, he's always seemed so personable and laid back, and totally get the moment of weakness dealing with the media sometimes.

They asked Bednar last night what he though of Kuemper and "the noise of him possibly not starting game 4" :-)

Media: Fabricates a goalie controversy and talks about it for two days
Also the media: Asks how well Kuemper handled all the noise they created.

Almost like it was a science experiment... do you think we should create more noise next time? Maybe throw in some "sources" who say it's not decided who's starting?
I'll admit that I was kind of hoping they'd give Frankie a shot last game, and I was REALLY not happy with the softie that Kuemper let in on the second goal. But give the guy credit, he was rock solid outside of that goal.

There's still a part of me who wishes that there would be a way to let Frankie play a period in this series just because he's been such a huge part of the run, but no way am I considering that unless we were up by like 5 in the third period (and I doubt Bednar would do it anyway).
[Reply]
DaFace 11:57 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Yeah, with Point and Cernak out their roster is getting depleted. Hard to see them winning another 2, let alone 3 games. I thought Colorado would win the series in 6. Tampa had to run out of gas sometime and they feel like the older team.
I'm not sure I fully appreciated the impact that blocking a shit ton of shots can have over the course of the series. The Avs have pretty clearly just decided that Vasy is going to block almost everything throw at him and are just chucking it at the net every chance they have. The Bolts are doing a good job of getting in front of shots, but you can't block 20+ shots per game and not come out of it with some pretty significant bruises. That seems to be starting to wear on them.

Meanwhile, the Avs just got a goal from one of their injured guys, and they appear to be hopeful that Burky will be back next game. It's a war of attrition on both sides, no doubt, but it seems to be tilting in the Avs favor.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:05 PM 06-23-2022
I'll admit that I was kind of hoping they'd give Frankie a shot last game, and I was REALLY not happy with the softie that Kuemper let in on the second goal. But give the guy credit, he was rock solid outside of that goal.

There's still a part of me who wishes that there would be a way to let Frankie play a period in this series just because he's been such a huge part of the run, but no way am I considering that unless we were up by like 5 in the third period (and I doubt Bednar would do it anyway).
Kuemper really needs to work on his positioning and over-persuing the puck in the offseason... there's at least a time or two every game where he looks ridiculous.

TB had a wrap around chance (IIRC, not long after the softy) where he went too far and had a pad completely across the side of the net. And if the skater had hung onto it a second longer, it was an empty net on the other side, but he shot it right back into Kuemper (and I think an Avalanche was right there to rush the wrap around attempt).

And he does get hung out to dry by the defense here and there given their style of play, and he had a great regular season... but yeah, Hedman's goal just can't happen.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:05 PM 06-23-2022
I do like Cooper a lot. He reminds me a lot of Bednar.
Same here. Glad he correctly mellowed out a little today, was starting to ruin my image of him after last night's post-game presser. I like the Bolts franchise and would hate to see them and their fans turn into sniveling whiners. The worse missed call of the night was Kadri blatantly getting tripped when he was in front of the net with the puck.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:15 PM 06-23-2022
I also wonder if there was talk before OT about the defensive end, because they looked really great... TB had one butt puckering pass out of the corner, but a defender was right there, and one dangerous looking rebound that was taken care of quickly.

Every opponent shot has its own stress tied to it in OT of course, but it was mostly one and done and nothing crazy dangerous.

Reminded me of Frankie's shutout, they were really locked in (and of course TB was gassed).
[Reply]
DaFace 02:03 PM 06-23-2022

"I'm in a glass case of emotion." - Every @Avalanche fan last night �� #StanleyCup

��: Tomorrow at 8p ET on ABC, @ESPNPlus and @Sportsnet pic.twitter.com/gZg0o8tR7G

— NHL (@NHL) June 23, 2022

[Reply]
Bearcat 04:01 PM 06-23-2022
Nice, love the watch party scene and sort-of-celebration... I was going to poke around reddit later to see if there are other videos from the arena watch party, possibly recording prior to the goal to see the confusion of 18k people.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 95
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591 > Last »
Up