Page 81 of 112
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
O.city 02:34 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Buffalo hasn’t drafted early in the draft either for a few years and still has a good LT and a fearsome DL to show for it.

Also, Christian Darrisaw went with pick #23 last year. He could have easily been had instead of making a panic move for OBJ.
The Bills "fearsome" DL that hit Mahomes 3 times in the playoff game and just added Von Miller to the tune of 120 million dollars this offseason? That one?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:36 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
FYP, Autocorrect is an asshole
It really can be. Thanks!
[Reply]
RunKC 02:38 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Bills "fearsome" DL that hit Mahomes 3 times in the playoff game and just added Von Miller to the tune of 120 million dollars this offseason? That one?
He won’t talk about Buffalo drafting a bust in Ed Oliver and AJ Espenesa also being bad leading to them having to pay Von Miller
[Reply]
JPH83 02:39 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Interestingly, Dorsey has been with the Lions for going on two years. I'm not sure what to make of that, but thought it was interesting.
Yeah, no-one wants Dorsey back, for good reason. Just thought being GM when we drafted Mahomes, Hill and Kelce was equally interesting, wasn't it.

The best argument for Veach is...he's won it. If staylor's original post is right, then that's probably the clincher. Beane has put together a great roster but not won it, yet. Brown's Bengals roster building looked good, but they've been rubbish this year. Chargers missed the playoffs last year despite the hype.

Also, there's plenty of Veach picks I look at an think meh, but the Bills have also drafted some absolute ass under Beane. They've got better, but really it's the two big trades that look like they've paid off.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:40 PM 10-17-2022
Yeah, hindsight being 20/20 I wouldn't make the Brown trade at all, but even knowing what we knew then why did Veach think he could get Brown on a "team friendly" deal. He refused to play his natural position on the OL at Baltimore and hadn't even hired a proper agent apparently. What was there that made Veach think he'd be reasonable in negotiations? It's still baffling the Chiefs put that out publicly.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:46 PM 10-17-2022
So you’re hanging your hat on Veach turning the defense from complete shit to just okay?

Also, Veach has been credited with the OL rebuild. Well, the tackles are as bad as ever, so…
Veach should probably also get credit for drafting Nick Bolton in the same second round where he got Creed Humphrey.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:48 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, hindsight being 20/20 I wouldn't make the Brown trade at all, but even knowing what we knew then why did Veach think he could get Brown on a "team friendly" deal. He refused to play his natural position on the OL at Baltimore and hadn't even hired a proper agent apparently. What was there that made Veach think he'd be reasonable in negotiations? It's still baffling the Chiefs put that out publicly.
Why wouldn't you make that trade? Would you have used the first we traded to draft Bolton?
[Reply]
Woogieman 02:50 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
LT's and edge players get drafted early in the draft and or signed for pretty large contracts.

We've not really done either in a while specifically there.
Yes, any wonder why we are lacking at T, WR, and Edge? Those positions are in highest demand and we draft 28-32 every year. Filling those holes with the 2nd tier of talent always comes with more risk and more subsequent failure.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:52 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, nice hot take. Like we should expect the GM to just pull an entire top-10 caliber OL, complete with a pair of All-Pro OTs your n a single draft class. Okay.

He also just pulled a All-Pro C and a G out of the draft, and signed another premier level G. Rebuilt 3/5th of the OL in a few weeks. Do you guys have any idea how incredibly good that is? And OBJ might or might not end up being our LT down the road, but let’s be honest: he’s a huge improvement over who we had in that SB loss at TB.

Bottom line this OL is light years better than that abomination, and our demolishing of TB proved it. Don’t tell me this OL isn’t good enough. That’s job BS. They aren’t perfect, but no one in the NFL has perfect. And there’s still some upside to be seen with these guys.

And I have news for you guys: there no Travis Kelce 2.0 waiting out there. We aren’t going to find another HOF TE in next year’s draft. Or the next one. Or ever. He’s like Tyreek; there is no substitute.

What is going to happen is Andy/veach will find two guys to replace most of what Kelce has been doing. And that’s literally the best we can expect. Come on, you should know better than to think you can just draft another Travis or Tyreek. That’s just stupid.

And what idiot thinks any team can just take 12 picks and draft perfect fits at every position of need? Show me a GM that has consistently did that.

The best GMs ever maybe hit on a third of their picks.

So since Veach became GM he’s rebuilt the defense attorney on every level, and last season he rebuilt the IOL from scratch. Yes, he reached for Hardman, but at the time he was scrambling to potentially replace Tyreek’s ability to take the top off the defense, right? And Hardman may not be Tyreek (stupid to think he was going to), but he definitely can do that, and he’s becoming a complete WR.

Lastly, in 2019,Veach put that roster together with about 30% from the draft, 30% from free agency/waivers, and about 25% from trades. Give or take a few percentage points here and there.

Veach has drafted fairly well, and in some cases extremely well. He managed to figure out how to sign Pat to a gigantism deal that’s also somehow team-friendly, ditto CJ, as well as extending Kelce. He turned Trading Hill not 5 picks, several of whom are promising.

You guys really need to look around the league, or jeez, just look at the shit show we had right in KC before Andy showed up.

CP is filled with a lot of whiny spoiled brats lately.
Give up. KC lost to Buffalo because of a missed FG and bad play by Mahomes. That means Buffalo is clearly better and their GM is the best ever and ours is trash. The same group will always be this way unless KC goes undefeated every season and wins the SB every year.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:52 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Why wouldn't you make that trade? Would you have used the first we traded to draft Bolton?
I don't know, maybe trade up for an actual talent at LT as has been stated probably a thousand times at this point.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:55 PM 10-17-2022
Buffalo hasn’t drafted early in the draft either for a few years and still has a good LT and a fearsome DL to show for it.

Also, Christian Darrisaw went with pick #23 last year. He could have easily been had instead of making a panic move for OBJ.
I'll grant you they have a decent LT from a R2 pick, but they moved back up to get him. Their DL is also MUCH better for having Miller. Rousseau and Basham look very good, but Oliver has been pretty average for a 9th overall pick. Beane's thrown resources at it.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:56 PM 10-17-2022
I don't know, maybe trade up for an actual talent at LT as has been stated probably a thousand times at this point.
Oh. So you'd rather bitch about the interior line sucking and lack of linebackers? Got it.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:57 PM 10-17-2022
Without the benefit of hindsight who would you draft at LT? We also would not have gotten Creed and or Bolton. Which LT should the Chiefs draft this year? It’s easy to criticize on what should have been in hindsight.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:59 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Oh. So you'd rather bitch about the interior line sucking and lack of linebackers? Got it.
Well, yeah. That's a much easier problem to fix than shit at both T spots which we're dealing with now.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:00 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Plus if said LT did not pan out he would do the same thing except complain that Veach gave up multiple picks for a bust LT while missing out on Bolton and or Humphrey who we would have been able to get had we not given up picks for a bust LT. It’s so easy in Madden and with hindsight.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 112
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591 > Last »
Up