ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 240
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:46 PM 09-16-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I told you guys that Reid is no different than someone like Tom Coughlin, Pete Carroll or that cuck Kubiak.

Once he gets the right QB, there is no reason he can't win a Lombardi.

Those guys are no better at coaching football than Reid is.

Reid has his guy.

That trophy is ****ing coming.
This is the problem, though. The last 2 games have been vintage Andy Reid - we came THIS close to losing games where we were throttling the opponent. And the pattern is the exact. same. damn. thing.

- Defense decent early. Chiefs score 2 quick TDs
- Defense can't get off the field (fall into Prevent defense). Offense goes into a shell & has totally ineffective 2nd quarter. Other team catches up
- Chiefs offense & defense dominate into a commanding lead
- Chiefs find a way to squander the lead. Offense goes into "protect the lead" mode, defense falls back to prevent again

And every step of the way is vintage Reid. The good news is we keep winning. The bad news is we keep winning. How many times do we have to see this brutal pattern? If Andy Reid continues to stubbornly refuse to put away games, we're going to piss away a really important game. Mahomes can win in shootouts but why the **** even force pressure drives when we don't need to? Maddening.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:49 PM 09-16-2018

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:50 PM 09-16-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
This is the problem, though. The last 2 games have been vintage Andy Reid - we came THIS close to losing games where we were throttling the opponent. And the pattern is the exact. same. damn. thing.

- Defense can't get off the field (fall into Prevent defense). Offense goes into a shell & has totally ineffective 2nd quarter. Other team catches up
- Chiefs find a way to squander the lead. Offense goes into "protect the lead" mode, defense falls back to prevent again

And every step of the way is vintage Reid. The good news is we keep winning. The bad news is we keep winning. How many times do we have to see this brutal pattern? If Andy Reid continues to stubbornly refuse to put away games, we're going to piss away a really important game. Mahomes can win in shootouts but why the **** even force pressure drives when we don't need to? Maddening.
we just played two excellent teams with incredible quarterbacks. You think we should have boat-raced them?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:51 PM 09-16-2018
You're basically faulting the Chiefs for not blowing Pittsburgh out. They have a HOF QB, they were going to get back into the game against our complete shit secondary.

We had this game won when it was 42-30, then Conley fumbled. Reid has nothing to do with that.

And they were ahead 31-12 in LA, that game was over, who cares about garbage time.

"Vintage Reid" is that shit that happened in Indianapolis or against the Titans, not the last two weeks.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:51 PM 09-16-2018

And that is Andy Reid's 2 decades in the NFL, wrapped up into one paragraph.

And that's who he has ALWAYS been.

And he's STILL that.

And no one can answer the question about why they expect that he'll ever be any different from what he has always been.

They just say I'm an idiot...but can't tell me why.

One guy told me to name a current NFL head coach with a better winning percentage not named Belichick.

I named 3 guys named Mike off the top of my head : Zimmer, Tomlin, and McCarty. 2 of 'em have Super Bowls.

FFS
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:56 PM 09-16-2018
You're basically faulting the Chiefs for not blowing Pittsburgh out. They have a HOF QB, they were going to get back into the game against our complete shit secondary.

We had this game won when it was 42-30, then Conley fumbled. Reid has nothing to do with that.

And they were ahead 31-12 in LA, that game was over, who cares about garbage time.

"Vintage Reid" is that shit that happened in Indianapolis or against the Titans, not the last two weeks.
He's a fat cocksucker, Clay.

And he SUCKS.

He's soft, his teams are always soft and pudgy. Weak up the middle, on offense AND defense.

I don't know if we can get anything better...but I want Super Bowls.

Andy is a retread who has never won shit without Jim Johnson, and even then, Reid went full Reidtard in the Super Bowl with his patented 7-minute offense when down by 14 that we saw in playoff losses in NE, and at home against Pit and TEN.

And that's a Reid trademark, going back to Philly...and he still does the same shit.

Mahomes overcame the refs, the Steelers AND HIS OWN COACH today.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:57 PM 09-16-2018
Our run defense didn't look soft today, bud.

Why don't you roll back the tape of our last possession? Soft? Power O right up their ass. Ballgame.

You're just hating on one of the greatest NFL coaches ever.

Did you even watch the game today? Tomlin isn't a better coach than Reid. He had NO answer for our offense.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:02 PM 09-16-2018
Words can't express how terrible the decision was to keep Sutton. Even if it's because Andy has sacrificed the D to build an O that'll win games 70-68, keeping Sutton was a real kick in the teeth to Chiefs fans. And to not explain why (not that they have to), doesn't do anything to help fans stay positive. It's like they doubled-down on stupid, and kicking fans in the teeth.

Maybe they thought Berry would play... IDK.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:03 PM 09-16-2018
Just believe.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:06 PM 09-16-2018

Why don't you roll back the tape of our last possession? Soft? Power O right up their ass. Ballgame.

Did you even watch the game today? Tomlin isn't a better coach than Reid. He had NO answer for our offense.
They stiffend on the last drive, with NO LeVeon Bell, against the backup.

And I never said Tomlin was better; I was asked who had a better win percentage than Reid among active coaches, and Tomlin is one of 3 guys named Mike amongst active coaches who DO have a better win percentage.

Words have meanings, Clay.
And I ain't hating on Reid for anything that every Philly fan hasn't hated him for already.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:06 PM 09-16-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
And that is Andy Reid's 2 decades in the NFL, wrapped up into one paragraph.

And that's who he has ALWAYS been.

And he's STILL that.

And no one can answer the question about why they expect that he'll ever be any different from what he has always been.

They just say I'm an idiot...but can't tell me why.

One guy told me to name a current NFL head coach with a better winning percentage not named Belichick.

I named 3 guys named Mike off the top of my head : Zimmer, Tomlin, and McCarty. 2 of 'em have Super Bowls.

FFS
It's a tough call. On the one hand, Reid & Mahomes are a perfect match. And you just hope that Mahomes' talent can help us unfuck Reid's game management, or that Reid will begin to trust Mahomes' ability to put games away. And it's not hard to imagine that we can find some years with good bounces - Reid has had plenty of deep playoff success before. Maybe wishful thinking. For now, I'll just enjoy the show.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:08 PM 09-16-2018

The gameplan was fine. I just don't understand why Reid continues to abandon the gameplan when we have a lead. Go for the throat. If your QB is dominating, keep pressing. If your D is having some success, stop rolling out that bullshit prevent.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:10 PM 09-16-2018
The gameplan was fine. I just don't understand why Reid continues to abandon the gameplan when we have a lead. Go for the throat. If your QB is dominating, keep pressing. If your D is having some success, stop rolling out that bullshit prevent.
It's shit like this that leads me to believe that Reid is complicit in the rigging.

It was like, as SOON as they threw the phantom flag to take the 27-0 away, take points off the board, Reid used that as his cue to take his foot off the throttle and let Pitt catch up a bit.

Anyone else notice that?

He did the same shit in the Denver game that is referenced in the OP of this thread.

Same.

Fucking.

Shit.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:10 PM 09-16-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
Reid is like our farm puppy. She will blow my mind on just how smart she is then turn around and take a shit on my deck even though she’s surrounded by thousands of acres of open range.

Make no mistake, Reid can put clown shoes on the best NFL coaches. Problem is that he can and will take a shit on your deck.
That might be the weirdest analogy I've ever heard but I get it. I also agree with it.

It's too late though, once Clark chose Andy over Dorsey it was done. Reid got the power he desired and signed his contract extension. He will be here until he decides to leave.

It doesn't matter how many times Reid gets us to the playoffs only to shit on our deck.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:12 PM 09-16-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Just believe.
We've been there for 48 years.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 240
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Up