ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 192
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:59 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
These PFF guys. These PFF guys.

No. Just no.

The mindset they take is the same as Chris Ballard rolls out in Indy. It's what the Packers have been doing Aaron Rodgers whole career.

How has that worked out for them?

The Chiefs are in their window, now (and will be the entire time Mahomes is their QB). That means you're aggressive every year. If they can handle the LT position for the next decade by trading a 1st round pick, it makes perfect sense to do so. Even if you then pay the guy. OK, you lose 3 cheap years over taking someone like Spencer Brown or Walker Little or whatever.

But what happens... if that tackle you take at 31 is a bust?

Not all 1st round picks are equal. They really struggle with that concept.
PFF is kind of like Prison Bitch when it comes to baseball. The whole thing isn't always analytical.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 02:02 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

His arms are so long - it’s a huge advantage when pass blocking
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:11 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I still love Eric Fisher and wish him the best but even without the injury this is an upgrade over a healthy Eric Fisher.
I’ll second that emotion.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:16 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
PFF and Eric Eager double down on their asinine take of the situation.

What an embarrassment. I hope someone sends that back to them next February when Orlando Brown is on the Super Bowl stage hoisting the Lombardi trophy in his Chiefs’ jersey.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:16 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
In all seriousness they listed OBJ so low because they feel that Lamar Jackson was a integral part of it because he's so elusive.

Two things: Pat is elusive as well.

OBJ is 24 and going to get better
Veach and his pro personnel guys all watched Brown play last year. I think just about everybody on planet earth would take their player analysis over the doofuses at PFF.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:23 PM 04-26-2021
LOL @ PFF dudes.

They are arguing philosophy vs reality.

The Chiefs have an opportunity to win a championship, but were without a starting LT due to injury. So they are a supposed to write off a chance at a championship run so they can still build through the draft? That's insane. And OBJ only cost 3.3M next year. I mean come on no. Its a win for the Chiefs in the short term, and if they found a long term solution to the position moving forward that's a win too.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:45 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
What an embarrassment. I hope someone sends that back to them next February when Orlando Brown is on the Super Bowl stage hoisting the Lombardi trophy in his Chiefs’ jersey.
that is the most insanely stupid take I think I've ever heard.

Clark hasn't produced to his contract, but you absolutely cannot argue that we win SB 54 without him; and that he was a HUGE part of the defensive culture change that happened in that season.

It wasn't a dumb move; it may have not quite worked out how we expected, but it was a risk worth taking.

And these ****ing guys want us to draft a LT at #31 to protect Mahomes as a rookie when we're SB favorites? That's somehow smarter than taking a two time pro bowler who is 24 ****ing years old? Because we'll have to pay him eventually? STUPID.

****ing stupid. **** these numbnuts.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:46 PM 04-26-2021

The plan is for Orlando Brown to play out the last year of his rookie deal. He and the Chiefs will talk about an extension next offseason, once he has a full season at left tackle and the cap goes up.

Franchise tag expected to be about $16.5 million next year.

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) April 26, 2021

[Reply]
Kiimo 02:51 PM 04-26-2021
The Chiefs have the leverage, too. They could franchise him twice. Of course they won't but that fact gives them leverage in contract negotiations.

It's also nice that the best case scenario for everyone, the fans, the front office, the team, the player, the family, the agent is that OBJ is a probowl left tackle and gets a huge contract from the Chiefs and protects Mahomes for the next ten years.
[Reply]
O.city 02:54 PM 04-26-2021
The Chiefs were never going to sit at 31 and wait. Thats not Veach or Andy's style.

With that in mind, this was an easy deal to make.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:59 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
LOL @ PFF dudes.

They are arguing philosophy vs reality.

The Chiefs have an opportunity to win a championship, but were without a starting LT due to injury. So they are a supposed to write off a chance at a championship run so they can still build through the draft? That's insane. And OBJ only cost 3.3M next year. I mean come on no. Its a win for the Chiefs in the short term, and if they found a long term solution to the position moving forward that's a win too.
Exactly.

The goal isn't to maximize every cent of value out of your roster and salary cap. It's to maximize your ability to hit your ceiling as a team and win at the highest level.

It would be one thing if Fisher was healthy and the Chiefs weren't facing a gaping hole at LT. Then, drafting a developmental guy who CAN be your LT of the future makes total sense. (See: Niang and Schwartz). But once Fisher was lost for the year, the whole thing changes.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:02 PM 04-26-2021
If you're on a boat with a hole in it in the middle of the ocean and some other boat sells you a patch kit for a hundred dollars PFF would say man what an overpay the smart thing is to wait for a better deal
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 03:29 PM 04-26-2021
Chiefs let go of Fisher and Schwartz: "Guess Mahomes will be running for his life next season LOLOLOLOL"

Chiefs trade for OBJ and patch the Oline: "Another blunder by the Chiefs. Why pay for a Pro Bowl LT to protect Mahomes when you can build depth?"

You'll never win with these brainlets
[Reply]
RunKC 03:32 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Chiefs were never going to sit at 31 and wait. Thats not Veach or Andy's style.

With that in mind, this was an easy deal to make.
They liked Teven Jenkins but he is not going to be there and it would be more expensive to get him
[Reply]
sedated 03:47 PM 04-26-2021
Its pretty surprising that they didn't sign an extension as part of the trade. The last team to do that was Houston and they aren't exactly a model franchise. Could end up costing KC a few extra dollars.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 192
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Up