ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 174
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How a pair of attention whores destroyed any ounce of credibility they ever had
Hammock Parties 08:55 PM 02-16-2022
Enjoy. And fuck EB.

How a season-long rift between Mahomes and Bieniemy ruined the AFC Championship
[Reply]
splatbass 01:45 PM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by Zap Rowsdower:
Let me try and jump into Clay and Marty’s shoes a little bit.

They believe that EB is a bad coach and is hurting the Chiefs. They have heard things from someone that works with the Chiefs that indicate that EB is a bad coach. They believe the local and national media are overly PC and won’t report these stories that make EB look bad. They feel like the Chiefs are worried with the race thing about how they will look if they fire EB. Clay/Marty believe that they are working in the Chiefs fan best interest by posting this info and thus getting rid of EB and helping the Chiefs in the long run.I know Clay isn’t posting in this thread now but if I misrepresented their motivations I hope he would correct me.

My main issue with it is this. For most of us, if we work long enough and at enough places there will be one coworker or employee who won’t like us for whatever reason. Let’s say a blogger comes along with a clear agenda and interviews that coworker - who won’t give their name - and then the blogger writes a one sided story that messes up key details. in almost every instance of the story you are blamed for the things that are happening. Their conclusion is that you should lose your job. To me that is just not very ethical.
One point: The Chiefs don't need to fire EB to get rid of him. He is no longer under contract, so they don't need to worry about the optics of firing him. All they need to do is nothing at all. He's already gone.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 01:46 PM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
This right here

Mahones dad is the source

In the “article”. It stated a family member of a high ranking member.

So how many high profile players are there?

10? And on offense?

This kind of limits who it is

Now the source is oissed off. Knowing he was outed.

Abd they brought in Ted Crews abd was misrepresented He may have a court case against Marty and Clay

It was taken down because of “racist” comments. That’s a cop out and lit.

No where on here or Facebook groups and Twitter says anything about racd

So we know that’s a complete kid

They’re just trying to save face.
I'm blaming Brittany... or Jackson... or X-Factor... or the dog poop on the sidewalk...
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:47 PM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady:
Did you just make this shit up?
No.

Source: Time’s Ours podcast
Date: 2/17/22
Mark: 18:00

See how powerful it is to put out factual information that can be sourced.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:50 PM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by splatbass:
One point: The Chiefs don't need to fire EB to get rid of him. He is no longer under contract, so they don't need to worry about the optics of firing him. All they need to do is nothing at all. He's already gone.
In normal non-Woke times yes you are correct. These are different times my friend and especially if you are black. Nothing is off the table here for both parties and especially for Eric IMHO.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 01:51 PM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Let me clarify that in more detail.
Clay is a guy who likes to dress up when he comes to games. That will get you on TV. Some people just enjoy doing that. It doesn't make you a bad guy. Same would apply to folks like X-Factor or Arrowman, or Weird Wolf, or even FDE. Guys like X-Factor have been shown to be batshit crazy. Arrowman, Weird Wolf and FDE are all good guys. So liking attention is not in and of itself a bad thing.

Now, if this story was written with malice and is all or mostly fabrication, that is certainly NOT OK.

Was the goal to just bring attention to the writers, to get clicks or social media attention? Was the goal to break actual investigative news about the relationships between coaches and players? Most likely it was some of both. If the story is complete and utter BS, and is proven so, then the authors would be in the crosshairs of a serious defamation lawsuit. So I hope if sued, they are prepared to defend themselves. If it's all simply attention seeking with no regard to fact, they would deserve to be sued and lose. That's all I'll say about that. Still too soon to know which end is up with this story.
The Chiefs aren't going to sue. That's not their style. They're going to quietly make this go away.

If the Chiefs sued, or EB sued, there would be discovery and depositions. And that could reveal things they would rather not reveal. They want to keep their dirty laundry in-house. I'm not saying Clay is right. But depositions can bring out other stuff unrelated that could end up being very embarrassing.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:54 PM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by blake5676:
That being said, no one is filing lawsuits over some circle jerk superfans and their pretend website/insider knowledge.
Not yet. You are correct IF these are normal times BUT these are not normal times.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:54 PM 02-18-2022
The Chiefs aren't going to sue. That's not their style. They're going to quietly make this go away.
FUGGITABOUTIT!!!!
Attached: sopranos.jpg (30.4 KB) 
[Reply]
splatbass 01:55 PM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
In normal non-Woke times yes you are correct. These are different times my friend and especially if you are black. Nothing is off the table here for both parties and especially for Eric IMHO.
I disagree.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:56 PM 02-18-2022

If the Chiefs sued, or EB sued, there would be discovery and depositions. And that could reveal things they would rather not reveal. They want to keep their dirty laundry in-house.
So even without a contract they will pay EB to go away then ? Very plausible BUT if EB feels wronged in any way(even without a contract) that could change things.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:57 PM 02-18-2022

If the Chiefs sued, or EB sued, there would be discovery and depositions. And that could reveal things they would rather not reveal. They want to keep their dirty laundry in-house.
I think the bigger issue is that libel cases are civil suits, which means the best case scenario would be financial damages. Forgive me for thinking that Clay and Marty don't exactly have a bank vault that's of the size to be attractive to an NFL team or OC.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 01:57 PM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
No.

Source: Time’s Ours podcast
Date: 2/17/22
Mark: 18:00

See how powerful it is to put out factual information that can be sourced.
Oh my! A podcast! Well, that settles it then!
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:58 PM 02-18-2022
It’s a podcast that has Nate Taylor in it. You know…the guy that has contacts within the Chiefs organization.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:58 PM 02-18-2022
Nate Taylor is the beat writer for The Athletic.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:59 PM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think the bigger issue is that libel cases are civil suits, which means the best case scenario would be financial damages. Forgive me for thinking that Clay and Marty don't exactly have a bank vault that's of the size to be attractive to an NFL team or OC.
What if Clay talks Gracie into marriage? Does that change the dynamic?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:01 PM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
So even without a contract they will pay EB to go away then ? Very plausible BUT if EB feels wronged in any way(even without a contract) that could change things.
Are you seriously insinuating that the Chiefs will be accused of racism if the OC who has been with the team for several years and who no longer has a contract parts ways with the team? And even more, that he'll feel aggrieved enough to actually bring litigation on the basis of racial discrimination?

Some of you have truly been poisoned.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 174
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130 > Last »
Up