ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 146
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Gasoline over $4 coming to a pump near you because this thread is ass
Donger 08:40 AM 04-23-2007
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=afOlUzd30YOo

Pretty alarmist, IMO, but possible.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:01 AM 03-09-2022
Little old Honda Rebel would be perfect to get my ass to work all summer.

Edit// I haven't been around bikes in 30 plus years.

Any suggestions on something like a used Rebel would certainly help me.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:31 AM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by Monty:
I’m glad that the weather is warming up as I will be on the bike as much as possible this spring. Filling up the truck for $150 a pop isn’t going to cut it.

Yeah I have a year old Ford F-250, crew cab, long box, with the 7.3 gas engine in it, for a company truck. Tons of power, but it sucks a lot of gas. I filled that thing up yesterday and the pump automatically shut off at $150. Thank God it's on the company credit card.

My truck is a Chevy crew cab long box with a Duramax diesel. It's got a full tank that I filled up long before the gas prices went nuts. Thankfully I don't drive that truck much, other than to haul around my toys to the mountains. Can't wait to fill that thing up when I run it dry. :-) I plan to bring along the title to my house when that happens, to trade for a tank of gas.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:51 AM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by backinblack:
Drove by a Chevron today that was at $4.15, and drove back past it a couple hours later on the way home and it had jumped to $4.29. Stop this ride I want to get off.
On, how can this happen. They likely didn't put more gas in the tanks during those couple of hours.
[Reply]
Fish 09:14 AM 03-09-2022
Gotta plan ahead...

[Reply]
Donger 09:16 AM 03-09-2022
$4.25/gallon national average.
[Reply]
Donger 09:20 AM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
On, how can this happen. They likely didn't put more gas in the tanks during those couple of hours.
Replacement cost/pricing is what I understand. The price we pay at the pump mostly consists of what the station or company thinks the next shipment will cost them.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:23 AM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by Donger:
Replacement cost/pricing is what I understand. The price we pay at the pump mostly consists of what the station or company thinks the next shipment will cost them.
That's what a friend of mine that used to manage a few gas stations told me.
[Reply]
Donger 09:29 AM 03-09-2022
Some potentially good news, but probably temporary. Crude is $117/barrel right now, down 5%
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:30 AM 03-09-2022
Thanks. Well that's bullshit.

You pay X per gallon of fuel and yes you do deserve a markup of some sort in order to make money.

But that fuel in that tank was still paid for by X, not what "you expect to be next time". That's price gouging.

Monday I paid 3.59 per gallon of unleaded. Yesterday was 3.79, today its 3.89. That's bullshit.
[Reply]
Donger 09:40 AM 03-09-2022
Thanks. Well that's bullshit.

You pay X per gallon of fuel and yes you do deserve a markup of some sort in order to make money.

But that fuel in that tank was still paid for by X, not what "you expect to be next time". That's price gouging.

Monday I paid 3.59 per gallon of unleaded. Yesterday was 3.79, today its 3.89. That's bullshit.
Gasoline has gone up about $0.40/gallon in the last four days. Why? Because crude prices have increased massively.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:46 AM 03-09-2022
Gasoline has gone up about $0.40/gallon in the last four days. Why? Because crude prices have increased massively.
You're missing my point, or most likely ignoring it for your own benefit, as usual.
[Reply]
Donger 10:00 AM 03-09-2022
You're missing my point, or most likely ignoring it for your own benefit, as usual.
No, I'm not. How is it gouging if they base their pricing on replacement cost (and I believe they do) and gasoline is going through the roof because of crude going through the roof?
[Reply]
Hydrae 10:19 AM 03-09-2022
No, I'm not. How is it gouging if they base their pricing on replacement cost (and I believe they do) and gasoline is going through the roof because of crude going through the roof?
My only question is, does the price drop in the same manner? So, the minute that crude drops (like today) we should see a pump price drop too, right?
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:19 AM 03-09-2022
Once again, they paid X for what is in the tanks. Yes they deserve a markup on that shipment. But increasing it as it goes is bullshit.

From below. I paid 3.59. Who knows what it was when they purchased it and put it in. But say it was whatever and they based it off of 3.59 for their margin of profit.

They raised it to what it is today, 3.89. They're making 30 cents more a gallon than their original profit margin.

Is it fair to be charging 4.59 by the time they need to fill the tanks again? No. That's price gouging on the base price they paid originally.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:21 AM 03-09-2022
[Reply]
Page 80 of 146
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130 > Last »
Up