ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 335
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
BigRichard 10:43 AM 12-31-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I don't admire anything about her.

She's a whore who thinks herself far more clever than she actually is.

I'll enjoy watching Jamie kill her, though I will feel bad for him as he does it..
Yeah that is probably where that is headed. He can then be the king slayer and the kin slayer.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:57 AM 12-31-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Yeah that is probably where that is headed. He can then be the king slayer and the kin slayer.
Got his start early as sis poon slayer.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:00 AM 12-31-2015
I don't admire anything about her.

She's a whore who thinks herself far more clever than she actually is.

I'll enjoy watching Jamie kill her, though I will feel bad for him as he does it..
FTR, grudging admiration is very different from actual admiration.

Out of curiosity, for comparison's sake. Do you 'admire' anything about WW or VM?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:22 PM 12-31-2015
Wonder Woman or Vance Munson?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:22 PM 12-31-2015
He's a pig and I refused to work with him!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:36 PM 12-31-2015
Wonder Woman or Vance Munson?
Geez dude, I JUST compared her to Walter White and Vic Mackey. try to follow along. :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:41 PM 12-31-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Geez dude, I JUST compared her to Walter White and Vic Mackey. try to follow along. :-)

Oh, I see. Sorry. I initially just took a quick glance over that post.

I bet ya liked that pop culture reference there though didn'tcha!?!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:45 PM 12-31-2015
I'm not familiar with VM but loved me some Breaking Bad.

Admiration isn't really the word I would use to describe Walter White. White was a bit of a different case, though. He lived, what, 50+ years of his life as an ordinary person. He turned into a real shitbag at times but given the circumstances I think that's to be expected. He was a drug kingpin. Take into account the types of people he was dealing with. He had to be cold hearted.

Cersei is just a cunt for seemingly no reason. She's the daughter of one of the most powerful men in Westeros, was married to one of the most powerful men in Westeros, and birthed two of the most powerful men in Westeros. I'm supposed to feel bad for her because the stag roughed her up a bit during their marriage? No.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:01 PM 12-31-2015
OK, on the third try here I finally read your post :-)

And I realize I didn't really address it.

I have to say, I really don't admire her in any way. What's she done do deserve admiration? Any predicament she's found herself in during the show's run has been directly or indirectly caused by her own foolish actions.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:13 PM 12-31-2015
I'm not familiar with VM but loved me some Breaking Bad.

Admiration isn't really the word I would use to describe Walter White. White was a bit of a different case, though. He lived, what, 50+ years of his life as an ordinary person. He turned into a real shitbag at times but given the circumstances I think that's to be expected. He was a drug kingpin. Take into account the types of people he was dealing with. He had to be cold hearted.

Cersei is just a **** for seemingly no reason. She's the daughter of one of the most powerful men in Westeros, was married to one of the most powerful men in Westeros, and birthed two of the most powerful men in Westeros. I'm supposed to feel bad for her because the stag roughed her up a bit during their marriage? No.
NSFW Language
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:21 PM 12-31-2015
OK, on the third try here I finally read your post :-)

And I realize I didn't really address it.

I have to say, I really don't admire her in any way. What's she done do deserve admiration? Any predicament she's found herself in during the show's run has been directly or indirectly caused by her own foolish actions.
I guess I'm not getting across the distinction between admiration and grudging admiration.

Nothing she does says 'when I grow up I want to be like that.' It's more, 'she has her POV and her objectives, and she pursues them doggedly.'

She's born into wealth and power, but has little of it to herself. She's told as a child that her progeny will die tragically before her. But she tries to wield power in the ways she's allowed, and tries bitterly to avoid her prophecy even as she sees it unfolding as foretold. If life were kinder to her, she'd have happy children with her brother and no one would bat an eye, and her children would wield the power she is adjacent to, but denied. Instead, she's shipped off to an arranged marriage, and her kids are despised and killed.

Perhaps its best put this way, you can admire her resolve without admiring her aims.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:02 PM 12-31-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Nothing she does says 'when I grow up She's born into wealth and power, but has little of it to herself. She's told as a child that her progeny will die tragically before her. But she tries to wield power in the ways she's allowed, and tries bitterly to avoid her prophecy even as she sees it unfolding as foretold. If life were kinder to her, she'd have happy children with her brother and no one would bat an eye, and her children would wield the power she is adjacent to, but denied. Instead, she's shipped off to an arranged marriage, and her kids are despised and killed.

These are fair points. Very fair.

She's faced a bit of diversity, but... I just feel her ambition is so.. I don't know the word. She wants too much.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:09 PM 12-31-2015
I don't see Jamie killing her. But I guess we'll see what happens in The Winds of Winter.
[Reply]
Sorter 02:23 PM 12-31-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I don't see Jamie killing her. But I guess we'll see what happens in The Winds of Winter.
Bro, do you even valonqar bro?

Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 04:09 PM 12-31-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That character has really mellowed out since he got his hand chopped off. He has gone from Starbuck on the original Battlestar Galactica to Face on the A-Team. I think the actor is spending too much time around the (p)Imp. There was this scene where they were talking in the prison cell before the "trial by combat" and they were reminiscing about old times. The (p)Imp was talking about some old Maester and they did a quick cut of Jamie saying something like, "He tried to touch me once." I get the feeling that it was an ad lib and they rolled around laughing after he said it. I like it though. The (p)Imp has chemistry with everyone.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 335
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Up