ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 663
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180580 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:47 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by Pants:
Remember the skinny Overeem in Pride? Dude has some mean chokes in him.
I'll never take away from his skill, but he's lost to Shogun twice, Nog twice, Chuck, and Werdum. He beat Vitor twice but who else?
[Reply]
Pants 12:55 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I'll never take away from his skill, but he's lost to Shogun twice, Nog twice, Chuck, and Werdum. He beat Vitor twice but who else?
Nah, man, you're right.
[Reply]
thecoffeeguy 01:48 PM 02-08-2011
That's pretty darn subjective, but he's obviously a guy that can't be out wrestled. He has good submission skills and his striking is on the rise. He would have the toughest time with a good striker that has great takedown defense. This may not be a popular opinion but if he fought Machida he'd probably get a decision loss.
I was going to say Machida would probably give him fits because of his good striking and elusiveness.

Outside of that, I think Jones would do well against Rashad and Rampage.

Its the legit strikers who I think will give Jones trouble right now.
[Reply]
thecoffeeguy 01:49 PM 02-08-2011
I appreciate everyone's opinion but I hardly compare Jones to Overrate. That horse eating roid pumping douche has lost to most of the top guys he's fought. He may be able to plow through Brett Rogers or Andrei Orlavsky but that's not much of a measuring stick.
Be interesting to see how he does this weekend in the Strikeforce Heavyweight tourney. That will be the measuring stick.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 02:43 PM 02-08-2011
He's kind of a different/better fighter now tho don't you think?

Guess we'll find out.....
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:44 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:

You mean more chemically enhanced fighter? I'm sure you saw Fedor's comments.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 02:51 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy:
I was going to say Machida would probably give him fits because of his good striking and elusiveness.

Outside of that, I think Jones would do well against Rashad and Rampage.

Its the legit strikers who I think will give Jones trouble right now.
Rashad won't fight Jones. See the above link.
[Reply]
Chief_For_Life58 02:55 PM 02-08-2011
jones and rashard are friends and problly wont fight. jones is for real though. hes coming for that belt hard. will be a GREAT fight of two amazing fighters. silva is still the best fighter in the world!!!
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:00 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58:
jones and rashard are friends and problly wont fight. jones is for real though. hes coming for that belt hard. will be a GREAT fight of two amazing fighters. silva is still the best fighter in the world!!!
Aldo is the best fighter in the world Silva got dominated for nearly 5 rounds by Sonnen. That shouldn't happen regardless of his Test level.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:08 PM 02-08-2011

We will find out soon enough, I'm looking very forward to it. And yes he has evolved his skill with the game but enough to be Fedor?
[Reply]
TheGuardian 03:09 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
You mean more chemically enhanced fighter? I'm sure you saw Fedor's comments.
Man I don't care about that shit and I don't know why anyone else would either.

Give me all the roided up fighters in the world. Anyone that thinks that the majority of fighters aren't on is living in a fantasy world.

Who cares?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:13 PM 02-08-2011
Man I don't care about that shit and I don't know why anyone else would either.

Give me all the roided up fighters in the world. Anyone that thinks that the majority of fighters aren't on is living in a fantasy world.

Who cares?
Probably some do to an extent especially HGH for healing purposes, but Overeem has went through a Bonds-like transformation physically. I don't think the anabolics are probably used as much as androgens because guys don't want to lose the flexiblity but want the agression. You live in that world so you probably know more about what those guys are taking anyways. I just know from bodybuilding exp. what these substances typically do.

I'm assuming most just due straight Test Cyp cycles of about 400-500MG's with some Arimidex while training, but like I said I have no idea.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 03:18 PM 02-08-2011
Probably some do to an extent especially HGH for healing purposes, but Overeem has went through a Bonds-like transformation physically.
Again, doesn't bother me at all. I don't know why it would anyone else either.

I always find it odd that people care about that. Most of these same people are all for legalizing weed, but get pissed off all to hell if a guy uses anabolics. Who gives a shit????
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:24 PM 02-08-2011
Again, doesn't bother me at all. I don't know why it would anyone else either.

I always find it odd that people care about that. Most of these same people are all for legalizing weed, but get pissed off all to hell if a guy uses anabolics. Who gives a shit????
Who's getting pissed off? You are talking to a guy on TRT for life and owns fitness center. Testosterone can be a wonderful thing.

I'm just stating he is a different fighter now because of his size and strength gains due to extreme chemical use.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 06:27 PM 02-08-2011
Who's getting pissed off? You are talking to a guy on TRT for life and owns fitness center. Testosterone can be a wonderful thing.

I'm just stating he is a different fighter now because of his size and strength gains due to extreme chemical use.
Oh man just look around at lots of the shit said about Reem. Lots of people get mad about shit like that.

Good for you on the HRT. It's finally becoming a real known problem in the med circles and doctors are waking up to it. And yes, test is a very wonderful thing.

I think you are crediting his PED's too much tho, and not taking into account that he was also a very young fighter then and still learning. I would simply say it's a combination of both.

And taking anabolics won't improve hand eye coordination. So his skill improved as well.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 663
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180580 > Last »
Up