ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 297
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 02:31 PM 01-26-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
New (awesome) KSU fan forum. All the cool kids are going there. Enjoy.

http://www.goemaw.com/

:-)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:45 PM 01-26-2010
HIJACK MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
sedated 03:07 PM 01-26-2010
speaking of KU, the game this weekend should be fantastic.

I'm curious to see if Aldrich can continue his upswing against an athletic front-court like KSU has; he's struggled against quicker guys this year. Same goes for McMorris; he's played well the last few games in a row for the first time I've seen, but needs to stay consistent against better teams.

I'd typically be worried about Clemente and Pullen, but last year it looked like Morningsleeves frustrated Clemente enough to make me confident he can slow him down again. Reed and Taylor have both looked much better on defense the last couple games as well, Xavier really turned up the defensive effort against Mizzou, and Collins is usually solid on D.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 03:39 PM 01-26-2010
Originally Posted by sedated:
speaking of KU, the game this weekend should be fantastic.

I'm curious to see if Aldrich can continue his upswing against an athletic front-court like KSU has; he's struggled against quicker guys this year. Same goes for McMorris; he's played well the last few games in a row for the first time I've seen, but needs to stay consistent against better teams.

I'd typically be worried about Clemente and Pullen, but last year it looked like Morningsleeves frustrated Clemente enough to make me confident he can slow him down again. Reed and Taylor have both looked much better on defense the last couple games as well, Xavier really turned up the defensive effort against Mizzou, and Collins is usually solid on D.
With Pullen's injury, I'm less confident. Hopefully it can still be a battle.
[Reply]
sedated 04:04 PM 01-26-2010
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
With Pullen's injury, I'm less confident. Hopefully it can still be a battle.
I read the preview of KSU/Baylor tonight and it didn't mention anything about an injury to Pullen.
[Reply]
Braincase 04:08 PM 01-26-2010
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
HIJACK MOTHER****ER!!!!!!!!!

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never mind him... he's "that guy".
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 04:12 PM 01-26-2010
I read the preview of KSU/Baylor tonight and it didn't mention anything about an injury to Pullen.
his right arm/shoulder is dinged up. He wore a compression sleeve Saturday, and apparently it is worse that they'd originally hoped. Which probably explains his slump.

[Reply]
58kcfan89 04:27 PM 01-26-2010
his right arm/shoulder is dinged up. He wore a compression sleeve Saturday, and apparently it is worse that they'd originally hoped. Which probably explains his slump.
Definitely explains the slump. I hope.

This game tonight scares the crap out of me. If we drop this, I can see us going on an 0-5 run (vs. oSu, @BU, vs. uk, @NU, @ISU)... Not saying we're going to lose all those games, but they certainly aren't easy games to win...

EMAW.
[Reply]
sedated 04:48 PM 01-26-2010
3-3, facing a match with KU, would be tough on conference title hopes.

But there's no way KSU loses to Nebraska and Iowa State.

Tonights game is HUGE. K-State and Baylor seem to represent the area between KU/Texas at the top of the conference (championship contenders), and Mizzou/Okie State/Texas A&M in the middle of the pack (tournament contenders). Tonight will go a long way in setting that pecking order.
[Reply]
58kcfan89 04:51 PM 01-26-2010
3-3, facing a match with KU, would be tough on conference title hopes.

But there's no way KSU loses to Nebraska and Iowa State.

Tonights game is HUGE. K-State and Baylor seem to represent the area between KU/Texas at the top of the conference (championship contenders), and Mizzou/Okie State/Texas A&M in the middle of the pack (tournament contenders). Tonight will go a long way in setting that pecking order.
Agreed on the rest of the post (except the no way we lose to NU/ISU, I definitely think we can lose those), but I don't expect K-State to compete for the conference title (at least in the regular season). Maybe the Phillips 66 tournament... But whatever, that's a long time from now. Hopefully we can just win one at a time right now and not worry about Martin's contract, national media attention or anything other than winning the next game on the schedule.
[Reply]
DJay23 05:15 PM 01-26-2010

I certainly hope Keiton Page didn't lose track of the One Ring. They would miss him in the Shire.
[Reply]
alnorth 05:39 PM 01-26-2010
Originally Posted by 58kcfan89:
Agreed on the rest of the post (except the no way we lose to NU/ISU, I definitely think we can lose those), but I don't expect K-State to compete for the conference title (at least in the regular season). Maybe the Phillips 66 tournament... But whatever, that's a long time from now. Hopefully we can just win one at a time right now and not worry about Martin's contract, national media attention or anything other than winning the next game on the schedule.
A loss to OSU and/or Baylor is acceptable, they are both good teams. Nebraska and ISU are both total crap. KSU loses to both of them, they wouldnt deserve to be considered a really good team. Each really good team is probably allowed one "what the hell?" loss, but after 2 or 3 of them, your basically a 5 to 10-seed team.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 06:01 PM 01-26-2010
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's a hijack? And to think Skip could have been your father.... if only he'd had change for that quarter.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 06:03 PM 01-26-2010
This is a must win. And I don't think the Cats can do it. Confidence was brimming after UT and that confidence may have been jolted with that loss.
[Reply]
kstater 07:03 PM 01-26-2010
I don't know if it's just because I'm watching on 360, but that's the worst rug I've ever seen. And who the fuck are these announcers?
[Reply]
Page 80 of 297
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Up