3. The Dark Knight
4. Memento
5. Oppenheimer
6. Batman Begins
7. Dunkirk
8. Insomnia
9. The Dark Knight Rises
10. Tenet
Did you forget Inception or have you not seen it? His first movie, Following, is definitely worth a watch too.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:34 PM 07-22-2023
For me, it’s:

Memento
Inception
Dunkirk
Following

Batman trilogy
The Prestige
Interstellar
Insomnia
Tenet

Been awhile since I saw Interstellar. Probably need to watch it again.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:34 PM 07-22-2023
So I will say it is much better than Tenet...which was almost awful despite having action in it too. It was a tad too long but for a historical biographic it was very well done. Id probably put it ahead of Dunkirk, which was also good but probably not much else. Ill go against the grain and say the scarecrow, I mean Cillian Murphy was a little wooden but that was by design because he wasn't in the Batman Series.

Need Hans Zimmer back. The score was underwhelming. There is a reason why Interstellar hit so hard and that was because of Zimmer. I also loved Dunes sound and score as well and I found out after the movie it was Zimmer as well.

Alden Ehrenreich while having a distant supporting role was fantastic. Nolan should consider using him for larger roles in the future. I thought there was some very interesting parallels to our current society. I loved how Oppenheimer himself is shown to tiptoe through many different ideologies and willing to work with people of all dogmas. Yet today that is getting more taboo than ever and then he is smeared for it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:14 AM 07-23-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I thought there was some very interesting parallels to our current society. I loved how Oppenheimer himself is shown to tiptoe through many different ideologies and willing to work with people of all dogmas. Yet today that is getting more taboo than ever and then he is smeared for it.
Yes. Another reason to love the film. It manages to be inclusive without being woke. Of course, real filmmakers have been pulling this off for decades but you'd never know it.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:24 AM 07-23-2023
I think Barbie is a much darker film than Oppenheimer.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:33 AM 07-23-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I loved how Oppenheimer himself is shown to tiptoe through many different ideologies and willing to work with people of all dogmas. Yet today that is getting more taboo than ever and then he is smeared for it.
I think he was always very strongly driven by science. That allowed him to always want the most information possible before forming his theories, scientific and political. Like when he was attending the Communism parties and people were trying to get him to commit but he was really just there to listen and form his own opinion.

The same thing he did as a student and a professional by traveling across the country and Europe listening to lectures from others.

It wasn't until after the bomb had been dropped and he had to live with the realization and the guilt of what it did that he finally let humanity drive him more than science.

The reveal of what his conversation was with Einstein at the pond was also tremendous.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:04 AM 07-23-2023
the woke morons are coming for oppenheimer now

The two atomic bombs dropped on Japan were not isolated incidents; they marked the culmination of a series of violent acts committed by the US, which included the brutal slaughter of 150,000 Okinawans during the Battle of Okinawa.

— Yin Sun (@NiSiv4) July 22, 2023

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:08 AM 07-23-2023
Who fucking cares? Go outside.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:09 AM 07-23-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Who fucking cares? Go outside.
i hiked 4 miles yesterday at cave spring park

today i am entitled to fight communism online
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:11 AM 07-23-2023
Can you go fight communism with BEP in some moronic thread she started?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:30 AM 07-23-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Did you forget Inception or have you not seen it? His first movie, Following, is definitely worth a watch too.
Nope, that's just a mistake. I could've sworn I had it in there. It would be #5 after Momento and before Oppenheimer for me.

Following is the only Nolan movie I've never seen. I'll probably check it out.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:44 AM 07-23-2023
I’ve never seen Memento.
[Reply]
kcpasco 12:10 PM 07-23-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I’ve never seen Memento.
Still his best IMO
[Reply]
Bowser 12:36 PM 07-23-2023
I’ve never seen Memento.
Do yourself a favor and check it out. Great flick.
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:50 PM 07-23-2023
I’ve never seen Memento.
I’ll be the contrarian. I thought the premise and setup were great but that he failed to execute the ending. Definitely showed potential, but it’s not in my top 5 of his.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Up