ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Is it time for Mike Tomlin to step aside?
scho63 11:26 AM 01-20-2022
No doubt Mike Tomlin has been a great coach and got a lot from his teams over the years.

Now with Big Ben gone, a major rebuilding needed should he ride off into the sunset or look to go to a team that may be missing just a piece or two?

I think he could be a better fit now on other teams.

The Cowboys, Broncos and Raiders come to mind.

Am I being foolish?

Pittsburgh has so many holes it could be 3-4 years of subpar football.

What do you say?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 06:40 PM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by Coach:
And just like that @Wisconsin_Chief, Lions has hit the 6-win barrier. I had them going 6, so at least I got that nailed, with 4 games left to play.
Yeah, they look damn impressive. I’m honestly happy for their fans and for Jared Goff. They legitimately looked like a better team than Minnesota today. They play their asses off, too.

They’ll far surpass that 6 win total. I’ll be shocked if they don’t finish at least 9-8.
[Reply]
Coach 07:18 PM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Yeah, they look damn impressive. I’m honestly happy for their fans and for Jared Goff. They legitimately looked like a better team than Minnesota today. They play their asses off, too.

They’ll far surpass that 6 win total. I’ll be shocked if they don’t finish at least 9-8.
Agreed. They had a rough beginning, no doubt. But they definitely look the part of a legitimate wild-card contender.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:21 PM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by Coach:
It's more so of repairing the culture which was badly needed in Detroit when Campbell arrived. Their roster was completely gutted a year ago, and Detroit has made a very clear effort to fill those spots with young, developmental pieces who are still learning through mistakes.

I should note that their offense is pretty good. They are 8th in the NFL on Rushing Yards per game, 7th in the NFL on Passing Yards per game, and 3rd in the NFL at Points per game. At this stage, they are still investing in developing their youth and they're trying to weather the injury storms.

Their biggest issue is their defense as they're giving up 34 points per game. That is last in the NFL. If they have a middle of the pack scoring defense, their record would have been better than 1-4.

I think Detroit will finish with 6 wins.
The hilarious irony is that Detroit may have gotten good enough to not even attempt to upgrade the QB position. Having a team this good and betting the farm on Goff to take you far seems like the Lionsiest of moves.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:34 PM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Dude has coached like 15 years and has NEVER had a losing season. He now has ridded himself of the corpse that is Ben Roethlisberger. I think he's gonna be there for a while.
Correct.

Pittsburgh has had 3 head coaches.

You coach there until you don't want to coach anymore.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:36 PM 12-11-2022
They're clearly not drafting like they used to, their well has run dry

And its its reeeally exposing Tomlinson
[Reply]
the steam 08:39 PM 12-11-2022
He needed to be gone like 5 years ago...In the last 12 years the Steelers have 3 playoff wins. Like Bradshaw said he's a glorified cheerleader. He had success early because his coordinators were Arians and Lebeau. They were the ones running the show.

I don't care about always being 500 or making the playoffs. In the NFL all that means is you don't suck. He is a lousy coach
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:19 PM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by the steam:
He needed to be gone like 5 years ago...In the last 12 years the Steelers have 3 playoff wins. Like Bradshaw said he's a glorified cheerleader. He had success early because his coordinators were Arians and Lebeau. They were the ones running the show.

I don't care about always being 500 or making the playoffs. In the NFL all that means is you don't suck. He is a lousy coach
Seriously?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:32 PM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Seriously?
Yeah, Tomlin is a fantastic coach.

If Pittsburgh is dumb enough to let him go (they aren't), he will have a job in SECONDS.

Some teams would fire a coach to get a chance to bring Tomlin in if they had to.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:38 PM 12-11-2022
Could be a possible landing spot for EB, hopefully
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:40 PM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Could be a possible landing spot for EB, hopefully
Maybe as OC, but Mike.Tomlin isn't going anywhere.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:32 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Yeah, Tomlin is a fantastic coach.

If Pittsburgh is dumb enough to let him go (they aren't), he will have a job in SECONDS.

Some teams would fire a coach to get a chance to bring Tomlin in if they had to.
Like Andy Reid in Philly, sometimes both the head coach and the team need to move on from each other. Coaches can stay in one place too long.

But, while I think Tomlin is a better than average head coach, I think he and Bellicheat have something in common, and that is they were clearly propped up by a HOF quarterback.

Tomlin took over a team that won the SB. He didn't build the team up from really bad seasons. He started his career with a HOF quarterback, and now that that QB is no longer with the team, he is struggling to win at the same rate.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:00 AM 12-12-2022
The franchise will have more patience with him than, say... the Donkeys. But he's only got a handful of seasons to find a QB.

Even if Pickett stops sucking one day, I just don't know if he's got the skills to be called a good QB.

At this point asking him to turn into Alex Smith is asking for a lot.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:59 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by the steam:

He squandered a lot of talented teams.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:00 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Like Andy Reid in Philly, sometimes both the head coach and the team need to move on from each other. Coaches can stay in one place too long.

But, while I think Tomlin is a better than average head coach, I think he and Bellicheat have something in common, and that is they were clearly propped up by a HOF quarterback.

Tomlin took over a team that won the SB. He didn't build the team up from really bad seasons. He started his career with a HOF quarterback, and now that that QB is no longer with the team, he is struggling to win at the same rate.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Eh, Belichick is still a defensive mastermind and proved it in multiple tenures before NE. And his first three Super Bowl wins were when Brady was a game manager. Brady wasn't the driving point of those teams. The defense was.

Of course, all the Super Bowl wins with Brady were top 10 defenses.

Tomlin isn't anything close to that.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:04 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Eh, Belichick is still a defensive mastermind and proved it in multiple tenures before NE. And his first three Super Bowl wins were when Brady was a game manager. Brady wasn't the driving point of those teams. The defense was.

Of course, all the Super Bowl wins with Brady were top 10 defenses.

Tomlin isn't anything close to that.
True, but there was a lot of talent on those NE defenses back then. Belechick wasn’t coaching a bunch of scrubs. This is not to say that Tomlin is a better DC than Bill because he’s not.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up