ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Trevor Lawrence gets paid
Megatron96 04:58 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Every other team wants what we already have, a Mahomes. It’s so sweet that we get to enjoy this after all those heart breaking losses.

Most of them. Though it's seems pretty obvious at this point that DET, SF, and TB are trying to get to the SB without a Mahomes-type QB. They're going with lesser QBs that are surrounded by a lot of top-tier weapons, a modern offensive scheme and a top-tier defense. Which should be a more realistic way of approaching the problem.
[Reply]
TEX 05:43 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Most of them. Though it's seems pretty obvious at this point that DET, SF, and TB are trying to get to the SB without a Mahomes-type QB. They're going with lesser QBs that are surrounded by a lot of top-tier weapons, a modern offensive scheme and a top-tier defense. Which should be a more realistic way of approaching the problem.
True, until a team that does it that way runs into Mahomes in the Super Bowl. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:47 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
True, until a team that does it that way runs into Mahomes in the Super Bowl. :-)

Yeah, basically what people used to say about teams that ran into NE in the playoffs/SB.

It's probably not going to net anyone multiple SB rings, but hell, SF made it to the SB twice with Jimmy G. and Purdy at the helm. They have proof of concept at this point. Just need to not get beat by stupid mistakes and pure bad luck bounces.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 04:57 AM 06-18-2024

This is a strategy that clearly can work. Nearly worked for San Francisco last year (let’s face it we were lucky) and I expect Detroit or San Francisco will be at a competitive Super Bowl with us again this year. Philadelphia is the other possibility in my mind. I can’t see Tampa Bay.

I could see Lawrence working with this strong supporting cast strategy, but I can’t see Daniel Jones.

And how much is Lawrence being overpaid? Detroit gave Geoff 212,000,000 over four years so 53 million a year. Pretty much the same as Lawrence. Philadelphia gave Hurts 51 million a year (255,000,000 over five years) but that was last year and prices have gone up. So I think Lawrence is just being paid the going rate for QB that have potential to win a Super Bowl if you give them a good enough supporting cast.

I think the real issue is the supporting cast. Jacksonville has not come close to matching San Francisco, Detroit or Philadelphia. There was the urban Myers total disaster year. In 2022 they passed on Hutchinson and drafted Walker at DE. And overall, they just have not had the exceptional drafting and teambuilding that Detroit, San Francisco, and Philadelphia have enjoyed.

Fortunately, the Chiefs not only have Mahomes, but also have had great drafts to give him a strong enough supporting cast — although it was a close thing last year with our WR room.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:32 AM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
This is a strategy that clearly can work. Nearly worked for San Francisco last year (let’s face it we were lucky) and I expect Detroit or San Francisco will be at a competitive Super Bowl with us again this year. Philadelphia is the other possibility in my mind. I can’t see Tampa Bay.

I could see Lawrence working with this strong supporting cast strategy, but I can’t see Daniel Jones.

And how much is Lawrence being overpaid? Detroit gave Geoff 212,000,000 over four years so 53 million a year. Pretty much the same as Lawrence. Philadelphia gave Hurts 51 million a year (255,000,000 over five years) but that was last year and prices have gone up. So I think Lawrence is just being paid the going rate for QB that have potential to win a Super Bowl if you give them a good enough supporting cast.

I think the real issue is the supporting cast. Jacksonville has not come close to matching San Francisco, Detroit or Philadelphia. There was the urban Myers total disaster year. In 2022 they passed on Hutchinson and drafted Walker at DE. And overall, they just have not had the exceptional drafting and teambuilding that Detroit, San Francisco, and Philadelphia have enjoyed.

Fortunately, the Chiefs not only have Mahomes, but also have had great drafts to give him a strong enough supporting cast — although it was a close thing last year with our WR room.
I'll take Goff, Hurts, and Purdy over Lawrence any day. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see it with Lawrence. Granted I've only watched him play for the most part against KC and a few other games here and there. Never been impressed as far as comparing him to other great NFL QBs.

What is good for the Jags is they have Doug Peterson who is pretty good with QBs and he is a creative playcaller similar to Reid. Maybe he can turn him into a great QB but if you look at almost all of his numbers thus far they are pedestrian and there's no denying that. They have to be paying based off potental and the salary cap continuing to go up. They are rolling the dice big time here. We will see how it goes.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:25 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I'll take Goff, Hurts, and Purdy over Lawrence any day. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see it with Lawrence. Granted I've only watched him play for the most part against KC and a few other games here and there. Never been impressed as far as comparing him to other great NFL QBs.

What is good for the Jags is they have Doug Peterson who is pretty good with QBs and he is a creative playcaller similar to Reid. Maybe he can turn him into a great QB but if you look at almost all of his numbers thus far they are pedestrian and there's no denying that. They have to be paying based off potental and the salary cap continuing to go up. They are rolling the dice big time here. We will see how it goes.
Those guys have better supporting casts...

The minute Purdy gets paid SF is gonna suck hard.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:37 PM 06-15-2024
Lawrence is a QB they can win with. He's not a finished product yet, either. Of course you pay him.
[Reply]
TEX 05:44 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Lawrence is a QB they can win with. He's not a finished product yet, either. Of course you pay him.
I hear ya, but I wouldn't have. I don't even think Lawrence is the best QB in his division anymore. He was quickly replaced as such. That means something.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:50 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
I hear ya, but I wouldn't have. I don't even think Lawrence is the best QB in his division anymore. He was quickly replaced as such. That means something.
By the guy who had the best rookie season as a QB in history and if he hit the open market right now would easily get more than Lawrence and potentially anyone but Mahomes, Allen, or Burrow?
[Reply]
Bump 04:53 PM 06-15-2024
Honestly if these guys are getting what they are getting, Mahomes is probably worth $70 mill because he's at least 1 entire tier above all of the other top paid QBs, probably 2 tiers.
[Reply]
Dadkc 01:09 AM 06-16-2024

Jags fan getting ready for preseason game 1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:07 AM 06-16-2024
yes he is. He got injured and his numbers fell. The only simple one here is you
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:03 PM 06-16-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
yes he is. He got injured and his numbers fell. The only simple one here is you
Not true at all. Stop making excuses
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:22 PM 06-16-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Not true at all. Stop making excuses

Lol, you can literally google TL’s injury report, which quite clearly shows that he was injured 3 times last season, starting mid-October of last season.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:57 PM 06-16-2024
Lol, you can literally google TL’s injury report, which quite clearly shows that he was injured 3 times last season, starting mid-October of last season.
Excuse. Pat beat Lawrence on one leg like he was Daniel son
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up