« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>7/26/24 Daily Training Camp Thread
Buehler445 06:57 AM 07-26-2024
Back to work today.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:26 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'm not acting like you wrote him off.

You are however 100% overreacting to a rookies first practice in pads. There's absolutely no reason to panic and call Smith after one fucking practice. Relax.
Uhh, wut? I said 'may be getting a call pretty soon'. I didn't mean it's an emergency and we need him in ASAP.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:31 PM 07-26-2024
Kingsley goes through the first day in pads and Sassy thinks Veach could be calling Donovan Smith pretty soon.

We all know that means you aren’t satisfied with Kingsley after one practice. C’mon…one practice :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:43 PM 07-26-2024
FAU needs to hit the weight room, he looks pathetic
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:45 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Kingsley goes through the first day in pads and Sassy thinks Veach could be calling Donovan Smith pretty soon.

We all know that means you aren’t satisfied with Kingsley after one practice. C’mon…one practice :-)
Yeah, I'm pretty nervous at the prospect of Suamatela/Morris and Caliendo being the left side of our line to start the season given what I've seen so far from them. Sue me.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:46 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Yeah, I'm pretty nervous at the prospect of Suamatela/Morris and Caliendo being the left side of our line to start the season given what I've seen so far from them. Sue me.
That being 3 reps in his first padded practice in the NFL going against starters. This is the entire point dude.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:50 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That being 3 reps in his first padded practice in the NFL going against starters. This is the entire point dude.
Even with limited reps, it's painfully obvious he's raw as fuck and needs a lot more time to develop. Again, I'm not denigrating him, just wouldn't throw him out there besides either Caliendo or Thuney while he's getting back to 100%. That's all.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:34 PM 07-26-2024
Kingsley will be fine, he's a rookie and his first pro camp is barely under way... WBF
[Reply]
RunKC 03:42 PM 07-26-2024
Friendly reminder that Orlando Brown Jr had the worst pressure rate of any tackle when he was a disaster in 2022 (ironically was 1st last year as well :-)) and Donovan Smith was 5th worst in pressure rate last year.

The bar is extremely low for LT for Kingsley/Morris.
[Reply]
Coogs 03:46 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Good stuff! Thanks for posting!

FWIW, Neither Andy or Patrick seem worried about the LT spot.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:22 PM 07-26-2024
Caliendo is a fringe roster guy, it's early stop getting worked up.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:37 PM 07-26-2024
The defense is always going to be ahead of the offense on the first few days of padded practice. And 1x1 pass rush reps heavily favor the defensive player/rusher.

We have this conversation every year.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:50 PM 07-26-2024
Yeah, and when it actually comes time to play our OTs usually end up being pretty below average relative to the rest of the league. What a coinkidink that we keep having this conversation every year.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:54 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I love the kansas city chief
Imagine bitching about optimism about an organization that's succeeded in damn near every facet the past six years, and is poised for a 3peat.

How miserable does that person have to be?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:54 PM 07-26-2024
Can distinctly remember OBJ getting his ass wrecked repeatedly during his second year of camp. Had a bunch of Baghdad Bobs repeating ad nauseum 'its just camp, it's just practice, doesn't matter'. Yeah, he ended up being pretty fucking shitty. Luckily we have a legit GOAT candidate at QB that can mitigate most of that nonsense.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:00 PM 07-26-2024
Yeah, and when it actually comes time to play our OTs usually end up being pretty below average relative to the rest of the league. What a coinkidink that we keep having this conversation every year.
But the problem is that one of those OTs are the guy that you're ready to hit the panic button to add over 3 reps on the first day of pads.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up