ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Media Center>Marvel - Black Widow
Deberg_1990 10:44 PM 07-21-2021
Just watched it. i thought it was really good. Enjoyed it much more than the other Marvel ‘girl power’ movie Capt Marvel.

It felt at times like a James Bond movie to me. Especially the final 3rd with the bad guys floating fortress.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:33 AM 07-22-2021
Paid the $30 to stream it and really enjoyed the movie sitting on the couch. Like Dane said, $30 is a steal when you gotta take 4+ people to a movie then you add on that you can rewatch it as much as you want. Hell of a deal.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:16 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Paid the $30 to stream it and really enjoyed the movie sitting on the couch. Like Dane said, $30 is a steal when you gotta take 4+ people to a movie then you add on that you can rewatch it as much as you want. Hell of a deal.
It was $12 for me in IMAX in the Midwest. Might go one more time. I had to atleast see it once in theaters even if by myself but totally understand it you're on the hook for multiple people to do this at home.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:33 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
It was $12 for me in IMAX in the Midwest. Might go one more time. I had to atleast see it once in theaters even if by myself but totally understand it you're on the hook for multiple people to do this at home.
Yea, if it was just me going, $30 would be too much - but I'd probably spend close to that even for just me. Ticket, popcorn, pop, and maybe candy.

But taking a family of 5 to see it I'm lucky to walk out of there without to spending $100.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:35 PM 07-22-2021
Yea, if it was just me going, $30 would be too much - but I'd probably spend close to that even for just me. Ticket, popcorn, pop, and maybe candy.

But taking a family of 5 to see it I'm lucky to walk out of there without to spending $100.
I hear ya...it's insane prices. I've taken the wife and kid it's cost around $50-60 with snacks. Definitely don't envy those coast prices and am glad there are streaming options for people that don't want to do that. I sure wouldn't go much.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:57 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Wow, $12 bucks for IMAX????? That's awesome!

I saw Star Wars: Rogue One in IMAX and it was $32 per ticket.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:34 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Wow, $12 bucks for IMAX????? That's awesome!

I saw Star Wars: Rogue One in IMAX and it was $32 per ticket.
Yeah...I went with a few friends since the wife wasn't interested. It was like a 30% discount at amc before 5pm on a Sunday. Yeah I think normal IMAX has cost about $18 so still significantly cheaper.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:21 PM 07-22-2021
Paid $23 last night me and my son. Then another $12 in food and $6 tip for servers and food runners.
[Reply]
Fish 01:10 PM 07-22-2021
I guess this show had a bit of a drop off in theater sales the second weekend. Worst ever theater drop off of any MCU movie...

Theater Owners Blame Black Widow's Box Office Collapse On Disney+

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:27 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
I guess this show had a bit of a drop off in theater sales the second weekend. Worst ever theater drop off of any MCU movie...
I think that's mostly due to COVID.

Marvel was waiting until California and New York were fully opened to release Black Widow but that window only lasted about a week here in LA, so it's not surprising that the numbers dropped.

If I was running Marvel/Disney, I'd be very, very concerned about Shang-Chi and the Legends of the 12 Rings way underperforming because now, we're required to wear masks indoors. I won't be surprised if another full lockdown goes into effect by September.

If that happens, Disney has a huge decision to make. Will they go ahead and open Ten Rings and Eternals or will they delay them again or even send them to Disney+?

Same goes with Spider-Man. If we're fully locked down over the holiday season, which is something I'm expecting due to the variants out there, it's difficult to see Sony releasing No Way Home, especially considering that they don't own their own streaming service.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:42 PM 07-22-2021
I think that's mostly due to COVID.

Marvel was waiting until California and New York were fully opened to release Black Widow but that window only lasted about a week here in LA, so it's not surprising that the numbers dropped.

If I was running Marvel/Disney, I'd be very, very concerned about Shang-Chi and the Legends of the 12 Rings way underperforming because now, we're required to wear masks indoors. I won't be surprised if another full lockdown goes into effect by September.

If that happens, Disney has a huge decision to make. Will they go ahead and open Ten Rings and Eternals or will they delay them again or even send them to Disney+?

Same goes with Spider-Man. If we're fully locked down over the holiday season, which is something I'm expecting due to the variants out there, it's difficult to see Sony releasing No Way Home, especially considering that they don't own their own streaming service.
This would suck.

At least Audiences are proving that they will Absolutely show up for the big blockbuster movies again this summer.

Quiet Place II, F9 and Black Widow.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:09 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
This would suck.

At least Audiences are proving that they will Absolutely show up for the big blockbuster movies again this summer.

Quiet Place II, F9 and Black Widow.
Some people went to the theater but clearly not at the same rate as Pre-Pandemic.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:13 PM 07-22-2021
Some people went to the theater but clearly not at the same rate as Pre-Pandemic.
Perhaps? I’m sure there’s a sizable portion who still haven’t gone back yet. I get it.

All I can tell you is that here in Texas theaters have been busy this summer. Especially on Friday and Saturday’s.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:37 PM 07-22-2021
This was my first theater movie since Nov 2019. I have a stubs membership from amc that kept getting extended till next year that I averaged about 10 movies a year. I pretty much see myself going for a marvel or blockbuster film while it's safe to do so.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:15 PM 07-22-2021
I’ll say this, just for me personally.

I prefer the theater experience for the big blockbusters over streaming at home for first time viewing. I like the huge Immersive screens with great sound. I’m willing to pay a little extra for the bigger screens. But I realize not everyone is that way.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Up