ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any news on the Honey Badger? [expected to play]
notorious 11:23 AM 01-25-2022
I love HB. He's one of my favorite players.

I also think we need to trust Veach to find his replacement.

It's time. He's purposely avoiding contact. I want him to go all-in during the playoffs.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:29 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:

It's time. He's purposely avoiding contact. I want him to go all-in during the playoffs.
It's his personality. I think he just wears out people eventually.

He needs to change teams every so often.

Nothing we can do, it is what it is.
[Reply]
notorious 11:30 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
It's his personality. I think he just wears out people eventually.

He needs to change teams every so often.

Nothing we can do, it is what it is.
It sucks, because he brings a ton to the table.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:36 AM 01-25-2022

Plus, getting his eggs scrambled Sunday night probably won't help in the avoiding contact department.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:42 AM 01-25-2022

I’ve seen more oles from HB this year than any other combined. I think he’s focused on avoiding injury so he can cash in on one more big contract in his career. He wanted no part of Josh Allen on the play he got injured.

He’s still very good in coverage though. I think he prevents at least one of the Tds we gave up on Sunday if he played the whole game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:47 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I’ve seen more oles from HB this year than any other combined. I think he’s focused on avoiding injury so he can cash in on one more big contract in his career. He wanted no part of Josh Allen on the play he got injured.

He’s still very good in coverage though. I think he prevents at least one of the Tds we gave up on Sunday if he played the whole game.
Chase's long catch/run TD came completely because Mathieu didn't want to get dirty.

Ball was caught in front of him and rather than throw his body in there to at least occupy some traffic and slow Chase up, he ran alongside him for a bit and then lost his angle because Chase is faster than he is.

I said in a thread some time ago - professional athletes know how to jake without looking like they're doing it. They know how to release a full court heave 1/10th of a second after the buzzer so they look like they're trying but don't take the hit to their shooting percentage.

Mathieu knew he could 'keep his angles' and eventually get outrun without having to make contact. He also knew that he could've actually impacted that play. He chose the former.

Will he do it on Sunday? Hard to say - ducking contact from Allen wasn't a good look, but Allen had a head of steam and you do get caught to go low on guys who you're giving up that kind of size to. Sometimes discretion IS the better part of valor.

But fella - the eyes of the world will be upon you (you too, Frank). There's not going to be any place to hide.

Give it your all out there because the ones that will know if you don't are going to be the ones that matter.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:49 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Chase's long catch/run TD came completely because Mathieu didn't want to get dirty.

Ball was caught in front of him and rather than throw his body in there to at least occupy some traffic and slow Chase up, he ran alongside him for a bit and then lost his angle because Chase is faster than he is.

I said in a thread some time ago - professional athletes know how to jake without looking like they're doing it. They know how to release a full court heave 1/10th of a second after the buzzer so they look like they're trying but don't take the hit to their shooting percentage.

Mathieu knew he could 'keep his angles' and eventually get outrun without having to make contact. He also knew that he could've actually impacted that play. He chose the former.

Will he do it on Sunday? Hard to say - ducking contact from Allen wasn't a good look, but Allen had a head of steam and you do get caught to go low on guys who you're giving up that kind of size to. Sometimes discretion IS the better part of valor.

But fella - the eyes of the world will be upon you (you too, Frank). There's not going to be any place to hide.

Give it your all out there because the ones that will know if you don't are going to be the ones that matter.
It was brought up on Times Ours before the Bills game….that Mathieu has had about 3 games in a row where he’s played poorly. I don’t know if it’s age. I don’t know if it’s business decisions.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:52 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It was brought up on Times Ours before the Bills game….that Mathieu has had about 3 games in a row where he’s played poorly. I don’t know if it’s age. I don’t know if it’s business decisions.
If THIS is his "business decision", during the playoffs no less, he's not a very shrewd business man.

All eyes are on him, including other NFL front offices.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:45 AM 01-25-2022
The mock drafts I've seen on NFL network have us taking a guy named Williams, a wideout from Alabama. I'd rather see them spend their first two picks on secondary, and the third round on linebacker. Pretty much go all defense this time around.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:47 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
The mock drafts I've seen on NFL network have us taking a guy named Williams, a wideout from Alabama. I'd rather see them spend their first two picks on secondary, and the third round on linebacker. Pretty much go all defense this time around.
You should check out the Draft subforum. Lots of discussion about Williams and the early mock drafts in general.

Right now, other than Williams, the guy a lot of people have us taking is Cameron Thomas, a good edge defender.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:48 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You should check out the Draft subforum. Lots of discussion about Williams and the early mock drafts in general.

Right now, other than Williams, the guy a lot of people have us taking is Cameron Thomas, a good edge defender.
I want Travon Walker sooooooo baaaaadly.

It's really gonna chap my ass when he goes around 22. Man that dude's an ideal fit at DE with a savage interior rusher like Jones supporting him.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:52 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

I've also seen us mocked taking Daxton Hill, safety for Michigan.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:12 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I've also seen us mocked taking Daxton Hill, safety for Michigan.
I actually prefer Brisker from PSU if we're looking for a straight-up replacement for Mathieu. He can play anywhere from the slot to the blitz edge to the back end and he's a bit bigger and longer than Hill.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:13 PM 01-25-2022
he good

His raps stink.

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) January 25, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:43 PM 01-25-2022
I'm not ready to give up on Baker or Hughes at this point. They're former 1st-round picks and may end up being quality depth. We just need to be a bit patient.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up