Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2024 KU Football Thread***
cmh6476 03:25 PM 12-29-2023
The team:
https://kuathletics.com/sports/football/roster/

The schedule:
https://kuathletics.com/sports/football/schedule/
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:54 AM 06-12-2024

NEW: Kansas has landed a commitment from three-star tight end Joeseph Skipworth (@JoesephSkipwor1).

He picked #KUfball over offers from Boston College, Mississippi State and Pitt to name a few.

Story: https://t.co/RtnF6NHCg7 pic.twitter.com/nQG4cZD8zQ

— Michael Swain (@MSwain247) June 12, 2024

[Reply]
RockChalk 07:57 AM 06-12-2024
It's happening...

Becoming more and more common for us to not only be in on guys who would have never considered us, but now actually landing them.
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:19 AM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
It's happening...

Becoming more and more common for us to not only be in on guys who would have never considered us, but now actually landing them.
I'm going to have to update my signature.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:35 AM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
It's happening...

Landing a 3 star TE is something new? I don't understand your point
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:56 AM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
For this KU football program over the last 15+ years? Yes. Consistently landing 3 and 4 star players is definitely something new.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:43 AM 06-12-2024
Side note.... stupid spelling of his first name.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:38 AM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
The difference being, I think... Is that historically, we'd be beside ourselves to get the caliber player of Skipworth (a 5.6 rating by rivals). That was the normal top end talent KU would bring in, with an occasional 5.7 sprinkled in every so often.

Now, the 5.6 and 5.7 guys are the norm, with 5.8 guys being the ones we're excited about with 5.9+ guys being sprinkled in.

That's a HUGE change in talent level. Skipworth level recruits aren't the guys this class is being built around now. He's depth, foundational, and a nice get. The staffs like him, seeing how they went all the way down to FL to pluck him. That's not our normal stomping grounds, Marcus Calvin being the only other FL recruit this staff has landed under Leipold. So yes, I believe there's a lot to like about this.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:48 AM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
The difference being, I think... Is that historically, we'd be beside ourselves to get the caliber player of Skipworth (a 5.6 rating by rivals). That was the normal top end talent KU would bring in, with an occasional 5.7 sprinkled in every so often.

Now, the 5.6 and 5.7 guys are the norm, with 5.8 guys being the ones we're excited about with 5.9+ guys being sprinkled in.

That's a HUGE change in talent level. Skipworth level recruits aren't the guys this class is being built around now. He's depth, foundational, and a nice get. The staffs like him, seeing how they went all the way down to FL to pluck him. That's not our normal stomping grounds, Marcus Calvin being the only other FL recruit this staff has landed under Leipold. So yes, I believe there's a lot to like about this.
Worried we will get picked apart by big schools like Alabama and Ohio State etc and guys transfer out once they get good. But maybe that's more of a basketball problem...not a KU bball problem but in general for non blue blood schools in football and bball.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:37 PM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Side note.... stupid spelling of his first name.
That's gonna bug you, isn't it?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 03:09 PM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Worried we will get picked apart by big schools like Alabama and Ohio State etc and guys transfer out once they get good. But maybe that's more of a basketball problem...not a KU bball problem but in general for non blue blood schools in football and bball.
I mean, there is always going to be that possibility when the traditional powerhouses begin sniffing. (See Jalen Daniels/USC or Jacobee Bryant/Primetime-arado this offseason). Hopefully the NIL can help offset that by enticing folks to stick around. The only real player we've had that happen with thus far under Leipold is Armaj Reed-Adams going to Texas A&M... Maybe Gage Keys leaving for Auburn, but he doesn't really fall into this category as a great player leaving... he was okay, but not one where you look at it and say "ouch that stings" Reed-Adams stung, and still stings.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:48 AM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
That's gonna bug you, isn't it?
It's not not going to bug me.
[Reply]
cmh6476 03:57 PM 06-14-2024

Kansas offered Tate Nagy, son of Chiefs OC Matt Nagy, after a strong camp performance this week. And while Tate's tape is at QB, after seeing him in camp (and seeing clips like this), you can see the projection to slot. pic.twitter.com/G93415oOBz

— Kevin Flaherty (@KFlahertyKCSN) June 14, 2024

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:24 PM 06-15-2024

NEW: Texas A&M transfer Bryce Foster is headed to Kansas.

Arguably the top center in the portal will report to #KUfball this weekend.

Story: https://t.co/hNL4LOrMZV pic.twitter.com/RL2JIsqXHP

— Michael Swain (@MSwain247) June 15, 2024

[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:33 PM 06-15-2024
According to A&M fans, he was great as a freshmen but struggled after that.

The talent is there for sure. He also won’t be facing SEC fronts, which I can only assume will help.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:06 PM 06-15-2024
I think it's safe to say our offense is going to cook as long as Daniel's is healthy. Incredible poach.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up