ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Jones...keep or get a haul?
O.city 09:33 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I do like dre'mont as a lower cost rotational rusher.

He's plateaued a bit, but he has some real nice rush tools.
The Broncos Dre'Mont Jones? Man I think he's really ready to explode.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:56 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Broncos Dre'Mont Jones? Man I think he's really ready to explode.
He's playing mostly 3-tech, no?

I've always seen him more as an under-tackle; 1-shade sort of guy. And yeah, I think in an even front you could get a little more out of him than the Broncos are getting with him as a 3-tech.

But I dunno - I thought he looked better as a rookie than he looked this year. After his rookie year I really thought he was going to be a stud and it just didn't happen for him.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:02 PM 01-25-2023
He's playing mostly 3-tech, no?

I've always seen him more as an under-tackle; 1-shade sort of guy. And yeah, I think in an even front you could get a little more out of him than the Broncos are getting with him as a 3-tech.

But I dunno - I thought he looked better as a rookie than he looked this year. After his rookie year I really thought he was going to be a stud and it just didn't happen for him.
He's a guy I'd tab to replace Jones if we were moving him but not a guy I see as a best-case scenario for playing next to Jones. He's awful light in the britches to play the 1.
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 01-24-2023
If they really wanna move a guy though, Wirfs would be who I'd really want.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:58 AM 01-24-2023
Am I wrong in thinking that Saunders could play that DT spot next to Jones? Obviously contingent on him staying healthy and getting a new deal (which I think is likely).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:04 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Am I wrong in thinking that Saunders could play that DT spot next to Jones? Obviously contingent on him staying healthy and getting a new deal (which I think is likely).
Don't hate it. But if you do that, you probably want to bring Williams back AND spend a 2nd day pick on another rotational DT.

I think there are options here.

But I think Crow is really talking about prioritizing DT as the highest ROI. Obviously the Sanders/Williams/Pick approach wouldn't be any kind of high priority option.
[Reply]
O.city 10:29 AM 01-24-2023
Saunders is meh. I mean, he's fine. But you can get another Saunders every year in FA or the draft.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:23 PM 01-24-2023
Saunders is meh. I mean, he's fine. But you can get another Saunders every year in FA or the draft.
Sure.

But this Saunders took 3+ seasons to become this version and that's not uncommon among 2nd day picks.

Retaining the original model while attempting to develop his replacement seems worthwhile.
[Reply]
O.city 01:32 PM 01-24-2023
How much you paying him?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:12 PM 01-24-2023
How much you paying him?
Ideally you get him on the 4-year VSB.

So he'd get in the $2.75 million range and only about half that would end up on the cap. Seems like an ideal candidate for it as I don't see his market exploding
[Reply]
O.city 08:58 AM 01-25-2023
Ideally you get him on the 4-year VSB.

So he'd get in the $2.75 million range and only about half that would end up on the cap. Seems like an ideal candidate for it as I don't see his market exploding
You'll need DL help either way, so if he's cheap sure.

But they've just gotta get better up front. I know the sack numbers this year etc. But it's gotta get better.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 AM 01-25-2023
You'll need DL help either way, so if he's cheap sure.

But they've just gotta get better up front. I know the sack numbers this year etc. But it's gotta get better.
It's crazy to me that in a season where Spags got insane production from a pile of rookie DBs, saw his LB corps develop into one of the better units in football and then took a fringe-average DL into a group that was among the league leaders in sacks, we STILL have a large contingent calling for his head.

WTF else could you have asked for from the guy? He did fantastic work this season.
[Reply]
O.city 09:56 AM 01-25-2023
It's crazy to me that in a season where Spags got insane production from a pile of rookie DBs, saw his LB corps develop into one of the better units in football and then took a fringe-average DL into a group that was among the league leaders in sacks, we STILL have a large contingent calling for his head.

WTF else could you have asked for from the guy? He did fantastic work this season.
Yeah, he had a great year. I am just meaning the talent on the DL just has to be increased.

You need a speed guy, get rid of Clark and a few fillers. Not too much to ask.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:00 AM 01-25-2023

Cullen turned out to be an A+ hire.
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 01-25-2023
Another way to add would be a mid round pick to get a vet on another squad that they might wanna move.

I haven't looked around at all on that.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up