ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 27
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
O.city 09:16 AM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They went after Williams because they wanted Williams. Obviously LT is a position of need but notice that after Williams, they've pursued basically nobody.

Of course they're enamored with this LT class, everybody is. That doesn't mean they're enamored with same specific players we are.

This entire offseason has been Veach zagging when most people expected him to zig. At this point, I almost expect there to be a mixture of surprise and dismay on draft day.
They've pursued no one because there isn't anyone else to pursue. Okung is hurt all the time and isn't dependable. He's fine for a emergency only type thing, but other than that, there isn't shit out there.

So, yeah, they're pretty much locked in to take a LT early in the draft.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:10 AM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
They've pursued no one because there isn't anyone else to pursue. Okung is hurt all the time and isn't dependable. He's fine for a emergency only type thing, but other than that, there isn't shit out there.

So, yeah, they're pretty much locked in to take a LT early in the draft.
Nope.

That's your perception of the situation.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:10 AM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
For all we know, they are going to have Niang play LT and Remmers at RT. Remmers did say he signed to be the starting right tackle.

We simply have no idea what they intend to do. Did you see them signing Reed at this time yesterday, considering the need at DE over DT?
Nate Taylor has stressed that Niang will be given every opportunity to win RT, but that Remmers will be the incumbent there.

Just FYI

It's going to be Niang at RT. If anybody is flipping to LT from that combo, it's Remmers.

Which, so help me god, htismaqe. So help me god.
[Reply]
O.city 09:11 AM 03-29-2021
They have Jonah Williams. Why would they take Sewell?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:14 AM 03-29-2021
They have Jonah Williams. Why would they take Sewell?
Because he isn’t very good, Sewell is a generational LT prospect and Williams has been hurt 3 times in his 2 year career, two of them being on IR
[Reply]
O.city 09:17 AM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Because he isn’t very good, Sewell is a generational LT prospect and Williams has been hurt 3 times in his 2 year career, two of them being on IR
Maybe.

But I'd say Chase is the same?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:20 AM 03-29-2021
Honestly if they don’t take Sewell I’d get Kyle Pitts assuming he’s still there
[Reply]
kcbubb 07:59 PM 03-29-2021
Chiefs will resign fisher and make do until he’s healthy. Pick DE or CB round 1 and bpa the rest of the way. No need to panic.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:39 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by :
The 2020 Outland Trophy Winner measured in at 6-foot-5, 312 pounds. He posted a 85 3/8-inch wingspan (98th percentile) and a 34.5-inch vertical leap (98th percentile). He ran a 4.96 40-yard dash (94th percentage) and posted a 9-foot, 10-inch broad jump (99th percentile).
I can’t get over this. This is the kind of guy that Veach loves.

I think Leatherwood is my darkhorse Chiefs pick if there’s a run on T’s like some are concerned about.

I always felt like he wasn’t a scheme fit, or he might have to play G, but he’s exactly what they’re looking for physically.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:18 AM 03-30-2021
Is Teven even a capable left tackle?

I know we all love the dude but he’s an NFL right tackle.

But Taylor has connections, sooooo
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:02 AM 03-30-2021
A trade like that I’m fine with. We move up in the first and third and only give up a fourth.
[Reply]
O.city 08:28 AM 03-30-2021
From what I've read, everyone seems to think he's a RT.

But if they like him there, I'm good with it. Up to them. I trust them completely on it.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:13 AM 03-30-2021

But if they like him there, I'm good with it. Up to them. I trust them completely on it.
It’s far from “everyone”.

I think he can play LT, and I get the sense that the Chiefs do too based on Taylor and them meeting with him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:28 AM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s far from “everyone”.

I think he can play LT, and I get the sense that the Chiefs do too based on Taylor and them meeting with him.
or that Niang can.
[Reply]
Chargem 06:58 AM 03-31-2021

Kollman just did a video on him, no mention of him either being able to play left or being right only, but a lot of praise
[Reply]
Page 8 of 27
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up