ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 110
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
Lzen 04:23 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by stevieray:
As opposed to what?

Are you under the impression that the family of that woman doesn't appreciate people doing what they can to help comfort them?

Maybe they should tell them to man up?

c'mon, man.
I'll never understand the people that get angry about thoughts and prayers. I mean, is he also mad at Trent McDuffie for saying nearly the same thing? What kind of miserable person do you have to be to react like that? :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 04:26 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by luv:
Is there anyone here who would be willing to do a collection to donate to Children's Mercy, specifically to help cover costs for victims?
I might chip in but I need to wait and see if all of those victims were part of the gang that did this.

I mean, I guess they couldn't all be but still. Does that sound harsh?
[Reply]
ChiTown 04:39 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I'll never understand the people that get angry about thoughts and prayers. I mean, is he also mad at Trent McDuffie for saying nearly the same thing? What kind of miserable person do you have to be to react like that? :-)
It is generally the mantra of "some" that think we just dismiss the action of a gunman by offering T's & P's instead of actually trying to solve the "gun problem". The laughable part of that is that I don't think anyone is asking the Baltimore Ravens Organization to actually solve the gun issue, so what's the problem with them sending their T's & P's?
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:40 PM 02-15-2024
I used to live in a building on Walnut adjacent to that Sinclair station along the parade route they kept showing on TV and saw a crack pipe on the floor mat in front of the register once while buying a half pint of booze

Its a parade route 3 days after the Super Bowl but by day and night its an urban downtown...nothing wrong with that but it is what it is

Then combine a million drunk people and take your family from rural anywhere and thats about the feedback I'd expect
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:41 PM 02-15-2024
I don’t get the narrative. I was at the parade yesterday. Everyone was happy having a great time and enjoying the atmosphere. Nothing crazy going on plenty of booze but all around a good time. We had a blast.

We were sitting at City Barrel eating when the news broke. We didn’t want to mess with the crowd at Union Station.

Wildest thing is I had dream Monday night something like that was going to happen. It’s damn shame. The draft and parade had made the city proud until some shitheads decided to fuck it all up. Poor kids man.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:46 PM 02-15-2024
TMZ trying to smear Pat and Kelce.

Patrick Mahomes Attended Party with Travis Kelce at Restaurant After Shooting | Click to read more �� https://t.co/41BvgpCHw3

— TMZ Sports (@TMZ_Sports) February 15, 2024

[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:46 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Perineum Ripper:
When someone says, “Drawing on my military experience.”

They are ****ing idiots and feel some sort of entitlement or special recognition because they served. Outside of here I never talk about my military career, I really don’t talk about it all too much here. Making posts on social media drawing attention to it, is pathetic and typically a “Karen” thing
I've worked beside some real bad ass's. Rarely would they ever say anything about their service and the heroic shit they did. Thats just how they roll.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:50 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

This is BS... The event was already planned and I'm sure it was a lot more mellow and solemn with the tragedy.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:52 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I used to live in a building on Walnut adjacent to that Sinclair station along the parade route they kept showing on TV and saw a crack pipe on the floor mat in front of the register once while buying a half pint of booze

Its a parade route 3 days after the Super Bowl but by day and night its an urban downtown...nothing wrong with that but it is what it is

Then combine a million drunk people and take your family from rural anywhere and thats about the feedback I'd expect
On a similar note, if I go on a site like nextdoor, suburban people will consistently whine about downtown Denver being dangerous and that they never go there. Well, first, you never go there so what do you know, and second, all of the mass shootings happen in the suburbs. Every one of them. None of the mass shootings in "Denver" that you've heard about have actually occurred in the city of Denver. We're all cool here.

(And just to confirm, Von Miller lived in a suburban area, so the mass stabbing incident that involved his friends was actually suburban people coming into the city of Denver and committing mass murder.)
[Reply]
Ocotillo 04:54 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

Jewish Rabbi,

Keep your fellow tribesman Harvey Levin in check.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:59 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
On a similar note, if I go on a site like nextdoor, suburban people will consistently whine about downtown Denver being dangerous and that they never go there. Well, first, you never go there so what do you know, and second, all of the mass shootings happen in the suburbs. Every one of them. None of the mass shootings in "Denver" that you've heard about have actually occurred in the city of Denver. We're all cool here.

(And just to confirm, Von Miller lived in a suburban area, so the mass stabbing incident that involved his friends was actually suburban people coming into the city of Denver and committing mass murder.)
Well? I've been to Denver and didn't feel like it was dangerous, but

https://denverite.com/2023/11/21/a-n...-slowing-down/

Originally Posted by :
Assaults causing serious bodily injury, so-called aggravated assaults, nearly doubled since 2012 — the fastest rate of growth of any city with more than half a million residents, according to data reported to the FBI. Denver Police report there were 4,790 aggravated assaults last year, up from 2,463 in 2012.

[Reply]
The Franchise 05:07 PM 02-15-2024
First Things First from today. I’m sure Nick will get all kinds of hate now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ANAW4M...hpbmdzIGZpcnN0
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:18 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Well? I've been to Denver and didn't feel like it was dangerous, but

https://denverite.com/2023/11/21/a-n...-slowing-down/
People from the suburbs.

Honestly, though, I bet a lot of the increase is vagrants fighting. Stay away from vagrant camps and light-night bars and you're usually going to be okay.

I'm mystified by one neighborhood, though. Green Valley Ranch is a distant far corner of Denver that's near the airport, and it's a relatively new subdivision. I guess it must've been settled by gangs or something, because it gets a weirdly large amount of crime for a newish place that's basically a suburb.
[Reply]
Katipan 05:21 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
People from the suburbs.

Honestly, though, I bet a lot of the increase is vagrants fighting. Stay away from vagrant camps and light-night bars and you're usually going to be okay.

I'm mystified by one neighborhood, though. Green Valley Ranch is a distant far corner of Denver that's near the airport, and it's a relatively new subdivision. I guess it must've been settled by gangs or something, because it gets a weirdly large amount of crime for a newish place that's basically a suburb.
There's a lot of cocaine sold out of GVR.
You could blame the bad guys and I do.

But you personally know old successful people who are still doing coke.
The per capita usage here is insane.
[Reply]
Fish 05:23 PM 02-15-2024
I took this yesterday. Timestamp is 1:58pm. This was just minutes before the shooting. Which happened in the bottom left area of the pic. At the time it was occurring, very few people had any clue that anything nefarious was actively happening. Even being less than 100yds away from where it happened, I didn't find out until much later that there was really a shootout and a bunch of people were injured. I knew that something was going down, and noted on Facebook that there were 100s of cops and national guard hauling ass into Union Station's main entrance right at 2pm. But still, I didn't know the details until later when family starting contacting me all freaked out wanting to know if I was alive. I thought somebody got mugged or one of the drunk players got into a fight or something. There was honestly that much confusion in the area. Lots of people got mad/confused as to why the police started asking everyone to evacuate the premises.

[Reply]
Page 79 of 110
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Up