Page 79 of 104
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Buffalo Bills
TLO 09:16 PM 01-16-2022
We're on to Buffalo
[Reply]
HC_Chief 03:31 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
lol how do the bucs have a 31st strength of schedule after winning a superbowl?

I thought you were supposed to have a harder schedule the better you do the season previous
NFC S x2
AFC E & NFC E, out of division.

The rotation is set years in advance, so the only factor is which AFC/NFC E teams do they play? The best, the worst, or in the middle? That is determined by your previous year's results. NFC S mostly sucks, AFC E mostly sucks, and NFC E definitely sucks. There's your 31st DVOA.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 03:34 PM 01-20-2022
ah that makes sense

so we should have a pretty decently high SOS for the next few years because we play LV and LA twice each season
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:35 PM 01-20-2022
ah that makes sense

so we should have a pretty decently high SOS for the next few years because we play LV and LA twice each season
What about den...

Nevermind.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:42 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Well look at that. Played 4 on that list, and then add Pitt.
[Reply]
Azide22 03:42 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
NFC S x2
AFC E & NFC E, out of division.

The rotation is set years in advance, so the only factor is which AFC/NFC E teams do they play? The best, the worst, or in the middle? That is determined by your previous year's results. NFC S mostly sucks, AFC E mostly sucks, and NFC E definitely sucks. There's your 31st DVOA.
Correct on the rotations, but you get all the teams in that division when you get them. They play all 4 in each. And really Buffalo is good, only other decent team in that mix of 8 is Dallas.

Also, their division really went downhill since last year too. No Drew Brees (even though they did get shutout vs. Saints)

But there's one more reason - the other 3 games in the new 17 game schedule are against the same seed you were in your division. So Tampa was WC team, so they got the 2nd place schedule.

So they played Indy instead of Tennessee, Rams instead of Seahawks (a worse draw as it turned out), and Chicago instead of Green Bay.

It was not a mammoth schedule by any means.
[Reply]
Azide22 03:49 PM 01-20-2022
ah that makes sense

Chiefs have a very tough schedule next year. AFC South and NFC west. NFC West is really good.

Also get Buffalo, Cincinnati and Tampa Bay.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:52 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Bills #1 ranked defense though...wonder if there is a correlation?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 04:03 PM 01-20-2022
A division with Pat's high ranked D and a Dolphin team that was on the outside looking in at 9-8.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:09 PM 01-20-2022
Another factor: only 17,000 in the building last year.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:25 PM 01-20-2022
I'm really ready for this. Going to be hard to wait until Sunday night.

It's funny to me to see people keep asking if Reid and Mahomes can be patient enough to take what's there.

Um, the second half of the season has been all about taking what was there until teams realize the Chiefs are going to cut their throat with it slowly and methodically, and then beating the shit out of them when they start trying something other than a 2-deep shell.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01-20-2022, 04:27 PM
This message has been deleted by RaidersOftheCellar. Reason: DP
htismaqe 04:31 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

It's funny to me to see people keep asking if Reid and Mahomes can be patient enough to take what's there.

Um, the second half of the season has been all about taking what was there until teams realize the Chiefs are going to cut their throat with it slowly and methodically, and then beating the shit out of them when they start trying something other than a 2-deep shell.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:36 PM 01-20-2022
I've been building myself back up from my bleeding vagina last week.

I just feel playoff Patrick is different, and until we see differently, no one is beating him at Arrowhead.

He's absolutely locked in right now. Playing with nearly his highest level of confidence ever.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 04:59 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I apologize for doubting his story, but I stand by my take.

Had he been just full of shit (which he wasn’t), I do think that should be ban worthy.

He was honest (maybe exaggerated a bit), so no harm no foul.
I don't regret the reaction here one bit.

If you've "got something but can't talk about it", then don't fucking talk about it.

All that hinting was nothing more than passive-aggressive attention-whoring at its worst.

Either say something or say nothing.

I've no use for a poster like that.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:00 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Yeah I don’t understand that narrative. The Chiefs obviously fixed the issues with patience. 10-1 with the only loss a referee influenced last second FG by the supposedly hottest team playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:03 PM 01-20-2022
David Carr on NFLN saying Josh Allen has the better game.

Don’t change dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 79 of 104
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Up