ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 469
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 08:51 PM 05-12-2022
Not pinch running for O’hearn?
[Reply]
thebrad84 08:55 PM 05-12-2022
I think this Royals team could really compete for being one of the least exciting teams in the last 20 years. Like Buddy Bell, Trey Hillman years excitement. Is there at least some decent young talent being developed or is this team going to be a trainwreck for a decade +?
[Reply]
Zhawk 09:19 PM 05-12-2022
5 for 32. A .156 ave. And that’s pretty much average for this team. Sad.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:49 PM 05-12-2022
I know I'm getting greedy after the Chiefs' run of success and a KU nat'l title, but it would sure be nice to watch some competitive baseball about now...
[Reply]
cmh6476 06:08 AM 05-13-2022
These pinch hitters are kind of befuddling.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:09 AM 05-13-2022
Before 14 and 15 I had no problem watching shitty baseball, as it was all I knew. Now, I have no desire to watch a shit product anymore.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:27 AM 05-13-2022
I just keep lowering my expectations. Hard to find anything to get excited about. Salvy is still out there smiling however the team appears to be just cashing their checks. It's difficult to care much. It's like watching the 70s and 80s Chiefs; it's pretty evident that the players and ownership are just riding the wave of popularity due to past success. There would be some short term excitement around a few new players however that would subside and the team would trade away the stars for more prospects. Lather, rinse and repeat.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:52 AM 05-13-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I just keep lowering my expectations. Hard to find anything to get excited about. Salvy is still out there smiling however the team appears to be just cashing their checks. It's difficult to care much. It's like watching the 70s and 80s Chiefs; it's pretty evident that the players and ownership are just riding the wave of popularity due to past success. There would be some short term excitement around a few new players however that would subside and the team would trade away the stars for more prospects. Lather, rinse and repeat.
The club is doing their part to help you in that endeavor. :-)
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:36 AM 05-13-2022
Is it time for Save our Royals?
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:43 AM 05-13-2022
We need a manager like Hal McRae who'll get pissed and fling shit around in his office.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:59 AM 05-13-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
We need a manager like Hal McRae who'll get pissed and fling shit around in his office.
They need a manager who knows how to handle, encourage, and develop younger players.

That is not Mike Matheny. The only things Matheny is good at are giving shitty veterans too many chances and making fans who like looking at handsome managers happy.

Oh, and snow-jobbing general managers.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:09 AM 05-13-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
They need a manager who knows how to handle, encourage, and develop younger players.

That is not Mike Matheny. The only things Matheny is good at are giving shitty veterans too many chances and making fans who like looking at handsome managers happy.

Oh, and snow-jobbing general managers.
Mike is also good at thumping bibles
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:13 AM 05-13-2022
Actually kind of looking forward to them trying to make the public pay for a new downtown stadium when they're performing this badly.
[Reply]
TLO 09:58 AM 05-13-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Before 14 and 15 I had no problem watching shitty baseball, as it was all I knew. Now, I have no desire to watch a shit product anymore.
I was young when the Royals were "good" in 2003. I watched every game I could that season. The games I couldn't watch, I listened to on the radio. I was hooked on baseball.

The next decade, I largely did the same. Watching every game I could, listening to the radio. I didn't care that the team was bad. They were my team, and I was going to cheer for them no matter what. Every Opening Day was an opportunity. A chance to capture the fun of 2003 again.

2014 and 2015 were like a dream. A reward almost for watching such awful teams for the previous 10 years.

Now that a I've had a taste of winning, I have a much lower tolerance for bad teams, bad management, etc.

I WANT to like this team. I WANT to watch this team. I didn't think I'd watch another game this year, but wanted to seen our new pitcher last night. I tuned in.

The Rangers chode of a pitcher throwing fastballs down the heart of the plate and watching the Royals swing and miss or pop up, or make weak contact on almost everything just reinforced what I should have already known.

This team is a waste of time.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:39 AM 05-13-2022
I'd rather fire Rex Hudler than Mike Matheny but its close.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 469
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Up