Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:31 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah pretty much.

Just go get DJ moore or burns. You aren’t likely gonna draft anyone that good
Bills just got Gabriel Davis 2 years ago in the 4th. Also, Khalil Shakir was a 5th round pick this year and has performed better (so far) than our 2nd round receiver.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:31 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
He said it as the Veach era of success not just this year. Jones, Kelce , Tyreek, Mahomes ( we know Veach had a hand in this) . That’s four all pro players. If Hunt wouldn’t have fucked up he would have been another stud for us. All played important roles in winning a Super Bowl and AFC west titles.
Yes, but one of the biggest factors in the Chiefs success is Veach completely rebuilding the defense that Dorsey left behind.

Veach was handed a lot of talent, yes, and he's had to turnover the roster while keeping this team a contender.

Considering we have managed to do that with just 3 of those guys left, it's safe to say that Veach is an important component to our success the last few years.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:33 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I can't believe this narrative is still a thing when we're a legit top 3 team, and basically have 3 Dorsey guys left on the entire roster, one of whom is Mahomes who Veach gets most of the credit for.
Those 3 picks just so happen to be our best players by far. Without Kelce, Mahomes, and Jones this team is complete shit. 5 years in and he’s yet to draft anyone of that caliber. Keep in mind Veach has now been in KC as the GM just about as long as Dorsey was.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:35 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Bills just got Gabriel Davis 2 years ago in the 4th. Also, Khalil Shakir was a 5th round pick this year and has performed better (so far) than our 2nd round receiver.
:-)

He has 12 more yards and a TD, mostly because the Bills had several injuries in their WR room so he got an opportunity last week.

You're such a dumb whiny cunt.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:35 PM 10-17-2022
Yes, but one of the biggest factors in the Chiefs success is Veach completely rebuilding the defense that Dorsey left behind.

Veach was handed a lot of talent, yes, and he's had to turnover the roster while keeping this team a contender.

Considering we have managed to do that with just 3 of those guys left, it's safe to say that Veach is an important component to our success the last few years.
So you’re hanging your hat on Veach turning the defense from complete shit to just okay?

Also, Veach has been credited with the OL rebuild. Well, the tackles are as bad as ever, so…
[Reply]
JPH83 12:36 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
He said it as the Veach era of success not just this year. Jones, Kelce , Tyreek, Mahomes ( we know Veach had a hand in this) . That’s four all pro players. If Hunt wouldn’t have ****ed up he would have been another stud for us. All played important roles in winning a Super Bowl and AFC west titles.
Yeah, always baffling that Dorsey gets railed and Veach is beyond reproach for some here. I mean, Dorsey is an absolute POS who also f**ked up plenty, but he kinda drafted some essential pieces for us.

I get the Veach worship to an extent but his track record is more chequered than some will admit. What I like is he seems to recognise mistakes and act to correct them (Clark aside).
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:37 PM 10-17-2022
:-)

He has 12 more yards and a TD, mostly because the Bills had several injuries in their WR room so he got an opportunity last week.

You're such a dumb whiny ****.
Shakir has two 1,000 yard receivers ahead of him.

You’re a homer douche
[Reply]
staylor26 12:38 PM 10-17-2022
Those 3 picks just so happen to be our best players by far. Without Kelce, Mahomes, and Jones this team is complete shit. 5 years in and he’s yet to draft anyone of that caliber. Keep in mind Veach has now been in KC as the GM just about as long as Dorsey was.
The key factor in all of it is clearly Mahomes, and despite idiots like you pretending otherwise, Veach clearly gets a lot of the credit for that one.

It doesn't matter whether it's Andy, or Texas Tech, it is well documented that Veach got the ball rolling with Mahomes.

I'm so sorry that you have to suffer the Brett Veach era. I know these are dark times. Perhaps you should trade your Chiefs fandom in and become a member of Bills Mafia.

I'd literally trade you for a turd sandwich.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:43 PM 10-17-2022
Shakir has two 1,000 yard receivers ahead of him.

You’re a homer douche
You're a buttfucking moron. It doesn't matter who he has in front of him. To say that he's "performed better" is a reach.

The sample size is ridiculously small, and the #s are basically the same.

The Chiefs went out and got 2 veteran WRs who were instantly slotted into starting positions. Khalil Shakir would not be getting any marks snaps than Moore is you dumb fuck.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:46 PM 10-17-2022

He did a fantastic job rounding out the defense in 2019 which was a big reason for our SB. No question about it.

But his inability to draft good players at skill positions, specifically offense is hurting us right now.

If any of those picks in the last 5 years could have just given us a legit receiver, running back, RT or edge then we probably beat Buffalo yesterday.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:50 PM 10-17-2022
If you had to list the 3 most important guys in the building for our success you'd probably say:

- Mahomes
- Reid
- Veach (for his role in getting Mahomes) or Hunt (for bringing in Reid)

Right? I think that's absolutely how it should be. The guy who wins you games, the guy who puts him in a position to succeed, and the guys who got those guys.

In all honesty I think Veach's legacy starts now. If he effectively builds a roster that is enough to win a SB with a QB earning top dollar, that's when he's elevated alongside Reid and Mahomes. If not, he's like every GM, important, possibly very good, but a distant 3rd of 4th in the pecking order of who is responsible for this golden era.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:51 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
If you had to list the 3 most important guys in the building for our success you'd probably say:

- Mahomes
- Reid
- Veach (for his role in getting Mahomes) or Hunt (for bringing in Reid)

Right? I think that's absolutely how it should be. The guy who wins you games, the guy who puts him in a position to succeed, and the guys who got those guys.

In all honesty I think Veach's legacy starts now. If he effectively builds a roster that is enough to win a SB with a QB earning top dollar, that's when he's elevated alongside Reid and Mahomes. If not, he's like every GM, important, possibly very good, but a distant 3rd of 4th in the pecking order of who is responsible for this golden era.
Mahomes and Reid are the reason we're a top 2 team in the league.

Take them out and we're the Saints.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:07 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
He did a fantastic job rounding out the defense in 2019 which was a big reason for our SB. No question about it.

But his inability to draft good players at skill positions, specifically offense is hurting us right now.

If any of those picks in the last 5 years could have just given us a legit receiver, running back, RT or edge then we probably beat Buffalo yesterday.
I thought our skill players were pretty good yesterday. Kelce and Juju had great days over 100+ yards, Hardman had a couple of good catches and a TD, MVS had a TD but a bad penalty took it away and Moore flashed.

We need a pass rush more than anything. It’s a big problem
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:11 PM 10-17-2022

Very much this. I don't know if he's the best in the NFL, but he's done an amazing job keeping us near the top while turning over the roster. If we can get a little more healthy, we're going to be pretty damn good.

We just lost to Buffalo by 4 with Pat having a sub-Pat game. I think everyone should let that sink in.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:15 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I thought our skill players were pretty good yesterday. Kelce and Juju had great days over 100+ yards, Hardman had a couple of good catches and a TD, MVS had a TD but a bad penalty took it away and Moore flashed.

We need a pass rush more than anything. It’s a big problem
Agree mostly. Hardman seems to have reached his ceiling. Romo made a good observation at one point about Hardman not flattening out his route to help a scrambling Mahomes. Kelce is the polar opposite. (As was Hill.) This team needs a true #1 WR.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 112
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Up