ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 335
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
SAUTO 12:44 PM 12-29-2015
New pics of a grown bran stark somewhere. Sorry no link
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:17 PM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Her portrayal of Cersei is still one of my least favorite aspects of the series. She's made all kinds of character choices that basically equal an attempt to make the character relatable, sympathetic and perhaps even redeemable, which book Cersei is not. At all. Book Cersei is a villain, in every sense of the word. She's not a victim in any sense of the word. She's despicable. Evil. Out for number one. And that makes everything that happens to her seem so much more cathartic for the readers. It's about a bad person finally getting both what she deserves and what she has earned, not just from the kingdom but from her family. I think Headey has done the character a disservice, and the show is a bit weaker for it. Fortunately they've gotten so much else right...
I don't agree.

Book Cersei is a victim, but pretty much all of it occurs before the books actually start.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 01:39 PM 12-29-2015
Cersei is a cunt in the show. I think Headey has done a brilliant job.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:00 PM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
New pics of a grown bran stark somewhere. Sorry no link

[Reply]
SAUTO 09:46 PM 12-29-2015
Thanks
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:57 PM 12-29-2015
Guy's like 30 now
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:07 PM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Guy's like 30 now
He's 16 in real life.

Don't know about the series or books, as I've lost all interest after this past season.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:25 PM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He's 16 in real life.

Don't know about the series or books, as I've lost all interest after this past season.
First GOT, then Star Wars......
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:30 PM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
First GOT, then Star Wars......
Truth be told, I was never dug in on GoT.

I never read the books and the series has always been more about the cultural phenom than my actual emotional involvement.

I'll watch it but I'm not that into it.

If it ended tomorrow, I wouldn't lose any sleep and couldn't care less.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:37 PM 12-29-2015
Damn it. I like the kid that plays Bran, didn't want to see him go...
[Reply]
listopencil 01:06 AM 12-30-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Truth be told, I was never dug in on GoT.

I never read the books and the series has always been more about the cultural phenom than my actual emotional involvement.

I'll watch it but I'm not that into it.

If it ended tomorrow, I wouldn't lose any sleep and couldn't care less.
I binge watched all five seasons over a few days. I found some of the plot lines boring and some of the characters uninteresting. Also, although I think the acting in general was pretty good, there were a few actors in there that just left me feeling flat. I don't think Emilia Clarke is very good, for instance. Either her character is supposed to be bland and simplistic or she's just kind of a dud. She's smoking hot and yet she couldn't hold my attention in stories that were built around her character. I got the feeling that her middle aged groupie (Jorah) was going all hammy just to liven things up a bit and try to carry a scene or two. And the entire story line for Daenerys Targaryen during season five...ugh. Looking back at what actually happened during the season on her chunk of the show it's kind of amazing that they managed to bore me with it.

But I do like the show overall and I'll continue to watch it. I like that they moved Tyrion over with Daenerys. He's one of my favorite characters and I like the actor.
[Reply]
Hawk 12:45 PM 12-30-2015
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Damn it. I like the kid that plays Bran, didn't want to see him go...
Haha, well, he didn't go, he just grew up.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:57 PM 12-30-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Haha, well, he didn't go, he just grew up.
Oh I know it's the same person but, much like we say about our own sons, I'll miss the kid. The kid is gone...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:13 AM 12-31-2015
Her portrayal of Cersei is still one of my least favorite aspects of the series. She's made all kinds of character choices that basically equal an attempt to make the character relatable, sympathetic and perhaps even redeemable, which book Cersei is not. At all. Book Cersei is a villain, in every sense of the word. She's not a victim in any sense of the word. She's despicable. Evil. Out for number one. And that makes everything that happens to her seem so much more cathartic for the readers. It's about a bad person finally getting both what she deserves and what she has earned, not just from the kingdom but from her family. I think Headey has done the character a disservice, and the show is a bit weaker for it. Fortunately they've gotten so much else right...
First off, I want to on the record as NOT sad for you. :-)

But I disagree on your assessment. In the books, EVERY character has a redeeming side, some hidden more than others. Cersei's hidden deepest of all. In the show, Lena does a good job, IMO, of portraying the innate dickishness of the character [she has mad sneer and eyeroll game], but leaving a little room for the sadness and fear [the witch's prophecy] driving her decisions. If anything, the show didn't do enough to drive home the impact that prophecy has on her outlook on life.

Perhaps you may be confusing charismatic and polite evil with a 'good person.' She's portrayed AT LEAST as evil as Walter White or Vic Mackey, but she also walks that fine line of being hateable, while you harbor a grudging admiration for her commitment.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:41 AM 12-31-2015
I don't admire anything about her.

She's a whore who thinks herself far more clever than she actually is.

I'll enjoy watching Jamie kill her, though I will feel bad for him as he does it..
[Reply]
Page 79 of 335
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Up