ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 185
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Rasputin 08:19 PM 08-26-2022
Double didget sacks some will be from coverage sacks but he will also blow up a LT now and then and use techniques to get around him. This guy is going be fun to watch.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:13 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by :
Jermaine Johnson II, DE

How he has fared so far: Unlike a lot of first-round picks, Johnson wasn't handed a starting job. The Jets have a deep defensive line, allowing them to bring him along slowly. Johnson said he practices "like an [undrafted] free agent, fighting for my life." The downside to that is he hasn't had a lot of reps with the starters. Johnson is trending toward the role of situational pass-rusher. They like his speed game; now they're trying to get him to play with power and develop more counter moves. -- Rich Cimini
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:27 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Vorch is an idiot for trading up for McDuffie and not making a move for Jermaine Johnson!!!!!!!!111

You know, sometimes on draft night I think dudes just look at the Jeremiah/Kiper rankings on the screen at a certain position and pound the table for the top dude at the position of need. And when the Chiefs pass on that guy, they lose their shit
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:24 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Double didget sacks some will be from coverage sacks but he will also blow up a LT now and then and use techniques to get around him. This guy is going be fun to watch.
Just ask CP; coverage sacks don't actually count. Only pussies count coverage sacks.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:46 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Just ask CP; coverage sacks don't actually count. Only pussies count coverage sacks.
I have never heard that before but a Goddamn sack is a sack and he gets credit for the sack doesn't matter if it's coverage sack that means his motor is running, he could be double teamed so a coverage sack is a good thing because it's a fucking sack.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:16 AM 08-27-2022
I know we're all excited about him but has anyone identified any areas they think he'll need to improve to hit his ceiling? Think it was DJ who talked of him not yet chaining moves. I was thinking he seems to go wide a bit too often and get washed out.

Not thinking of any of this as a negative, more just considering how much better he can get and where that will show up.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:07 PM 08-29-2022

[Reply]
RealSNR 06:34 PM 08-29-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I know we're all excited about him but has anyone identified any areas they think he'll need to improve to hit his ceiling? Think it was DJ who talked of him not yet chaining moves. I was thinking he seems to go wide a bit too often and get washed out.

Not thinking of any of this as a negative, more just considering how much better he can get and where that will show up.

Just beating the backup slapdick tackles we do face is a huge contribution. Nobody ever fucking did that last year. As in when the matchup is favorable, you actually take advantage of the situation.

It’s fucking embarrassing how good the dogshit Cincy OL looked against us both times last year
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:36 PM 08-29-2022

From the little exposure that I've had, it seems like he kind of has one pass rush move. He pushes up wide, then spins. He needs to add an inside swim move and a straight-up bull rush soon at a minimum.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 06:40 PM 08-29-2022
Just call him The Greek, like the villain in season 2 of the wire
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:45 PM 08-29-2022
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
Just call him The Greek, like the villain in season 2 of the wire
The Greek was a great character. There's no denying that.

But the guy just said himself in that video he prefers Furious George. Why is this still a discussion?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:08 PM 08-29-2022
At the end of the season, his official title will be “Super Bowl Champion”
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:08 PM 08-29-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The Greek was a great character. There's no denying that.

But the guy just said himself in that video he prefers Furious George. Why is this still a discussion?
George Lynch approves of this name.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:11 PM 08-29-2022
I have some furious George memes ready
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:11 PM 08-29-2022

The short answer is, 'who knows?'

The chaining his moves thing is definitely something he'll work on over the next three or four years, imo. But there's so much grey area it's pretty hard to tell what his eventually ceiling might be. Heck, next year his body is probably going to change fairly dramatically, just from the standpoint of diet and physical training. And what's that going to look like exactly? Will he come in at 245 or 265?

The point is that because he came from a smaller program he's probably not anywhere near his best physical shape/conditioning. Once he finds his NFL body, then we'll see what he really can become.

I think that as long as he keeps that supercharged core of his, he could be one of the great Chiefs power-rushers, maybe even in the NFL. Like Chiefs Ring of Honor great. Maybe HOF great, if he can stay healthy and keep working on his craft at an elite level. In spite of his shorter-than-normal arms and lack of bendiness.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 185
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Up