ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 80
« First < 29697576777879 80 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury Updates Thread
Chiefspants 04:51 PM 01-21-2023
Figured it would be more ideal to give this its own thread than the Jaguars gamethread.

Unspoiler to see the first two updates

Spoiler!

UPDATE 3: Courtesy of King - High Ankle Sprain Confirmed

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

UPDATE 4: Got asked to add this report from Arrowhead Pride to the OP: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:48 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If I'm going against Mahomes and that offensive line? I'm dropping 8, rushing 3 and putting a spy on him. You aren't going to get to him anyways...so you might as well not put any resources into it.
Imagine being the spy when one of those 5 moves down field because pat starts to scramble..
[Reply]
Monticore 02:01 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
You are trying to see something that isn’t there.

Lay off the Tony Romo fentanyl.

He is putting most of the weight on the back foot before pushing off of it , I know these are light throws but b an that looks pretty good
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:04 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That's exactly what the Chiefs want.

Make them cautious on defense. Throw nothing but checkdowns for a quarter.

Then when they come up to stop the short stuff, unleash the dragon.
They won't start off cautious. They'll pressure him early to see how he responds to it.
[Reply]
Hog Rider 02:15 PM 01-27-2023
"He can barely put any weight on that foot. Nearly fell down after the last throw and still wears a boot for goodness sake"

Official response from CP members who watch videos in braille.:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:18 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
They won't start off cautious. They'll pressure him early to see how he responds to it.

[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:28 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Did i miss it, or has no one created a thread about Cheffers reffing the super bowl?
[Reply]
-King- 02:32 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Was just watching some practice footage.. he did a drill and as he trotted over to the next you could see just a bit of favoring the ankle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which video? In the videos I've seen he's done his normal awkward looking jog.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:04 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Did i miss it, or has no one created a thread about Cheffers reffing the super bowl?
You like it here. You wanna be one of us. We can tell.
[Reply]
Kman34 03:29 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Was just watching some practice footage.. he did a drill and as he trotted over to the next you could see just a bit of favoring the ankle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was his clone…
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 03:38 PM 01-27-2023
He hit Kelce in the small of back as he was jogging around him
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:54 PM 01-27-2023
Yes, Nick. YES.

Expect an MVP-caliber performance from Mahomes Sunday?

"From Patrick, aka The Greatest Playoff QB Ever? Yeah. ... He will find a way. The greatest's of all time in the history of their respective sports find a way. This is the matchup he was hoping for all year." —@getnickwright pic.twitter.com/rMIgVMZ2Cu

— First Things First (@FTFonFS1) January 27, 2023

[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:41 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It seems like we can conclude three things pretty definitively:

1) He's likely not going to be 100% in the sense that he probably won't be spinning around and escaping pressure while making 5 guys miss on an epic run to the end zone (see the Titans game from 2020).

2) He should be able to move around in the pocket, make standard handoffs, and make throws provided the OL can give him a little time.

3) He's Patrick Mahomes, and it's generally a bad idea to underestimate him.
Bumping thread people that don't have time to CP during the day because had to go past 3 lil Joe from Bonanza fat Jon threads to near bottom of page. Great summary here!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:49 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I know these are light throws
Yep, shows nothing. I want to see a hard 5 or 7 step drop checking all options only to see that all receivers are covered thus he must step up or roll out. Show me a hard step up or a hard roll out.:-)
[Reply]
philfree 09:07 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Yep, shows nothing. I want to see a hard 5 or 7 step drop checking all options only to see that all receivers are covered thus he must step up or roll out. Show me a hard step up or a hard roll out.:-)
You'll just have to wait till game time. Besides that Mahomes doesn't have to show you anything.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:09 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
a few days ago you told us there would be no FP

all the boy does is FP and you're still stroking yourself off with bullshit injury analysis
[Reply]
Page 79 of 80
« First < 29697576777879 80 >
Up