Page 79 of 103
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 03-19-2022
2022 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:14 PM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That felt ENTIRELY like a call from the number crunchers.

I think the organization has numbers guys that will essentially tell Marmol what to do. Going into that game I'm betting Marmol was told to do it because the analytics department found some numbers to suggested it was the way to go.
He's said as much about Quintana's third time through the lineup, and while I appreciate the impact such decisions have across 160 games, in 1 game you have to allow for statistical outliers or you don't understand the context of the numbers.

There is no doubt that guys will do better on average the third time seeing a guy, but there are also days when a pitcher's arsenal is such that he's a much better version of his average self.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:05 AM 10-08-2022
Cardinals go into the bottom of the 9th tied 2-2 if your defense didn't go full Bill Buckner. If the Cardinals were playing at normal depth on Segura's hit I'm still not convinced they turn that for 2 to end the game, given that Edman was still going to be running away from 2nd to field that ball and Segura's not thaaaat slow, but at least they get 1 out and then on Stott's grounder all Goldschmidt would have to do is step on first the end the inning. Even with Edman playing half way in, he still should have at least stopped that ball, it looked like he actually over ran the ball and it went behind his glove, and gotten Segura out at first and then Goldschmidt just has to step on first to end the inning. Helsley blew the save, but as ugly as he was exiting that game, the defense lost the game. And I didn't even get to the part where Arenado completely whiffed on a chest high hop.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:34 AM 10-08-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Cardinals go into the bottom of the 9th tied 2-2 if your defense didn't go full Bill Buckner. If the Cardinals were playing at normal depth on Segura's hit I'm still not convinced they turn that for 2 to end the game, given that Edman was still going to be running away from 2nd to field that ball and Segura's not thaaaat slow, but at least they get 1 out and then on Stott's grounder all Goldschmidt would have to do is step on first the end the inning. Even with Edman playing half way in, he still should have at least stopped that ball, it looked like he actually over ran the ball and it went behind his glove, and gotten Segura out at first and then Goldschmidt just has to step on first to end the inning. Helsley blew the save, but as ugly as he was exiting that game, the defense lost the game. And I didn't even get to the part where Arenado completely whiffed on a chest high hop.
Yeah, the Cardinals all year were, in general, one of the best defenses in baseball. When Arenado is whiffing on a ball he fields 99/100 times you know the collapse is on.

We wouldn't have been in this position if the offense had woke up. We had a player that was in the minors most of the 2nd half bail us out. Goldy is a legit contender for MVP. If he doesn't snap out of this slump starting tomorrow, we are toast.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:03 AM 10-08-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We wouldn't have been in this position if the offense had woke up. We had a player that was in the minors most of the 2nd half bail us out. Goldy is a legit contender for MVP. If he doesn't snap out of this slump starting tomorrow, we are toast.
What position? You think the Cardinals wouldn't be in the WC game or something? Nah. They would still be in the WC game. They wouldn't have been in the position to lose the game in the 9th if they scored more runs? Sure, but that Zack Wheeler guy is a pretty good pitcher, dont you think? He was the 15th best pitcher in baseball by fWAR this year and he threw like 30+ innings less than the majority of guys ahead of him. Give him the innings and you are probably talking about him in the discussion for top 5.

And you should be thinking about getting to tomorrow before thinking about it. You still have to beat Aaron Nola tonight, who's advanced numbers would suggest he is the NL Cy Young, but he wont get it because of his ERA.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:53 PM 10-08-2022
This is a fucking terrible decision.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:27 PM 10-08-2022
Vegas just made a call into New York on that challenge.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:39 PM 10-08-2022
This offense is garbage. Goldy and Arenado went cold and there is nothing left.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:43 PM 10-08-2022
Neither one has ever had a big hit in October.
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:45 PM 10-08-2022
Goldy and Nado are having their chance and blowing it. I don’t want to hear any whining from them about winning in the postseason.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:17 PM 10-08-2022
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Goldy and Nado are having their chance and blowing it. I don’t want to hear any whining from them about winning in the postseason.
I said it at the start of the season that playing to just win this shit ass division wasn't good enough. Cardinals were in the drivers seat to acquire a HoF player and they weren't willing to trade players that arent even on the field for this game.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:31 PM 10-08-2022
What a choke job by Goldy.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:32 PM 10-08-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I said it at the start of the season that playing to just win this shit ass division wasn't good enough. Cardinals were in the drivers seat to acquire a HoF player and they weren't willing to trade players that arent even on the field for this game.
That HOF player has done jack and shit.

And Arenado strikes out as well after Goldy.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:34 PM 10-08-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
That HOF player has done jack and shit.
Jack and shit for him is apparently still 30% above average.
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:34 PM 10-08-2022
50 year old Albert showed up though. Nice job Goldy and Nado.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:36 PM 10-08-2022
Trade that fucking choking piece of shit for whatever you can get. I don't ever want to see him take another AB. He can shove that fucking MVP trophy right up his weeping fucking cunt.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 103
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Up