staylor26 09:55 PM 03-31-2023

Caitlin Clark is cold af for this pic.twitter.com/ieyvCRmq1S

— Lindsey (@LuLu_Vue) April 1, 2023

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:58 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Gabby will probably guard Paige.
Uconn has the goat coach and I suspect Geno will force switches to get Clark to guard Paige and try to get her In foul trouble. They will also blitz Clark with two or three defenders like they did Juju and force the others to beat them. Of all the coach's to face, Geno may be the toughest one Clark has faced schematically thus far. The guy is Belichick like.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:01 PM 04-02-2024
Batman would be pretty boring without the joker.

Reece and Clark have a lot of credit for the fact that women’s bb is even being talked about right now. I hear more conversation about women’s bb this year than the men’s.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:48 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Uconn has the goat coach and I suspect Geno will force switches to get Clark to guard Paige and try to get her In foul trouble. They will also blitz Clark with two or three defenders like they did Juju and force the others to beat them. Of all the coach's to face, Geno may be the toughest one Clark has faced schematically thus far. The guy is Belichick like.
Auriemma probably some sort of creep
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:22 PM 04-02-2024
Rudy? Absolutely NOT!!. Reese is way more agile, crafty and nibble than him. Both defensively and offensively. You're going way over the top trying to call her a "bully" when she proved she can hustle and hang with 6'7 Kamilla Cardoso on both ends of the floor. Now yes most of her points are In the paint but her offensive game is getting better. She can hit midrange jumpers and I've seen a few threes from her in the past too. IF she does start to get more points outside the point, coupled with her elite defense and rebounding. Then she would be an all world player imo. She's younger than Clark so still has time.
So you acknowledge she doesn't have a midrange game . It's just contexture that she can if she wanted to
Despite shooting everything close to the basket shoots under 50%
Every scouting report says she can't post without size advantage and has mediocre footwork

She plays like a college 5 but will be undersized for that in the pros. Even the 4s may be bigger, stronger. Sure you've got plenty of guys like horace Grant or Clint capela who are valuable NBA pros. But that is nowhere
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:08 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So you acknowledge she doesn't have a midrange game . It's just contexture that she can if she wanted to
Despite shooting everything close to the basket shoots under 50%
Every scouting report says she can't post without size advantage and has mediocre footwork

She plays like a college 5 but will be undersized for that in the pros. Even the 4s may be bigger, stronger. Sure you've got plenty of guys like horace Grant or Clint capela who are valuable NBA pros. But that is nowhere
No I said she DOES have a midrange game but if folks can't stop her in the paint then why wouldn't she take advantage of that? Furthermore she's a FORWARD!!..and no the women's game isn't overrun full of "giants" like you seem to be suggesting. And when she's not the tallest player on the court like she wasn't against Carolina, she STILL put in work. She's a great player and her stats on both end of the court proves it. There's nothing Clark does better than Reese other than shoot, pass and dribble. Everything else is all Reese.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:02 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Women's basketball owes Clark
Viewership more than doubled from Iowa’s last tournament game so I think it’s safe to say Reese should get at least half of the credit as well. Nothing like a fun little rivalry to set some records.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:47 AM 04-03-2024
No I said she DOES have a midrange game but if folks can't stop her in the paint then why wouldn't she take advantage of that? Furthermore she's a FORWARD!!..and no the women's game isn't overrun full of "giants" like you seem to be suggesting. And when she's not the tallest player on the court like she wasn't against Carolina, she STILL put in work. She's a great player and her stats on both end of the court proves it. There's nothing Clark does better than Reese other than shoot, pass and dribble. Everything else is all Reese.
Yeah I mean there's nothing Clint capela and nic claxton are better than peak Steph curry except dribbling, passing and shooting.

We're comparing a player considered by many as best of all time to someone who isn't even on draft boards as top of her own position. You're either ignoring that she will need to learn to shoot and post in the pros, or claiming she's good at things she has not demonstrated she can even do. These aren't serious arguments.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:51 AM 04-03-2024
Well those are pretty important parts of the game...
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:51 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah I mean there's nothing Clint capela and nic claxton are better than peak Steph curry except dribbling, passing and shooting.

We're comparing a player considered by many as best of all time to someone who isn't even on draft boards as top of her own position. You're either ignoring that she will need to learn to shoot and post in the pros, or claiming she's good at things she has not demonstrated she can even do. These aren't serious arguments.

"Best all time" to novices? Sure. Am I saying Reese is better than Clark? No. I'm saying she's a different player and better than you're giving her credit for. Her performance before the injury was all world, it's just that simple. Now do I think Juju is more talented than Clark and break her records? Absolutely. That's one reason why the goat talk is silly to me.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:00 PM 04-03-2024
"Best all time" to novices? Sure. Am I saying Reese is better than Clark? No. I'm saying she's a different player and better than you're giving her credit for. Her performance before the injury was all world, it's just that simple. Now do I think Juju is more talented than Clark and break her records? Absolutely. That's one reason why the goat talk is silly to me.
She was 3-9 for free throws...
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:08 PM 04-03-2024
"Her performance before the injury was all world, it's just that simple.
I believe that is the second time you've said this.

No, no it wasn't. You're just a Homer hates white players. Or, just Clark in general because of her fame.

You're a joke.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:37 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I believe that is the second time you've said this.

No, no it wasn't. You're just a Homer hates white players. Or, just Clark in general because of her fame.

You're a joke.
Lol another clueless buffoon has entered the chat I see!!...clearly too dumb to fathom the fact that I said CLARK IS BETTER!! ..smh :-)
[Reply]
jdubya 01:28 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Batman would be pretty boring without the joker.

Reece and Clark have a lot of credit for the fact that women’s bb is even being talked about right now. I hear more conversation about women’s bb this year than the men’s.
Cant disagree. I cant remember the last time I actually watched women play basketball since Id likely be more entertained watching paint dry while grass grows in the background but Caitlin seems to be headline news
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:51 PM 04-03-2024
Lol another clueless buffoon has entered the chat I see!!...clearly too dumb to fathom the fact that I said CLARK IS BETTER!! ..smh :-)
Never once did you say Clark was better. Maybe I'm missing it.

If you did, I apologize. Please point it out.

Here are your latest posts.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/sear...archid=1859232
[Reply]
Womble 03:19 PM 04-03-2024
I don't really know anything about Caitlin Clark or basketball, but I've just discovered Cameron Brink and I can now say with confidence that I enjoy women's basketball.

[Reply]
Page 78 of 140
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128 > Last »
Up