ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 125
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Isaih Pacheco Thread*****
Dante84 04:32 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

"You alive Isiah?!"

Watch the moment our newest running back got the call ���� pic.twitter.com/lDuOnm0ZsE

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
CatfishBob2 04:15 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Then it'll be Pacheco, but Pacheco is presently listed as the #1 kick returner, so that seems unlikely.

I just don't see a way they roster 5 RBs on the 45 man active gameday roster. I could see him active in weeks they intend to be more assertive in the run game, but I don't think that's going to be often. They're going to activate MEH and McKinnon is easily the best 3rd down back we have.

It's gotta be RoJo.
Nah. I can see Mckinnon being the odd man out if Pacheco develops unless Rojo shows absolutely nothing. Rojo is going to be valuable in the role we tried to give DW31 and Jones is more talented
[Reply]
kevrunner 05:01 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
CEH is older

Helaire was born in 1999

Pacheco was born in 2000
Huh? Everywhere I see Pacheco birthdate it’s 3/2/1999, which makes him older. If I’m wrong I apologize.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:27 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
Nah. I can see Mckinnon being the odd man out if Pacheco develops unless Rojo shows absolutely nothing. Rojo is going to be valuable in the role we tried to give DW31 and Jones is more talented
McKinnon isn't going anywhere, unless it's to the injured list. He easily made the team and when he was utilized/healthy he was our best back last year. Ronald barely made the team. Mckinnon also produced in the playoffs and is a definite threat out of the backfield.

You think they are going to throw the ball to Ronald more than Mckinnon? Mckinnon is much better at receiving than Ronald. Ronald only has 76 receptions in 55 games. Mckinnon over his last 4 seasons doubles Ronalds yds and receptions in his first 4 seasons.

Ronald will probably be inactive a majority of the season.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 08:13 PM 09-07-2022
Why wouldn't they have cut him if they're planning on him being inactive?

Rojo was signed early in the off-season. McKinnon wasn't signed til closer to training camp. If Pacheco pans out and Rojo fills his role capably, CEH, Pacheco and Mckinnon's skills are fairly redundant and the fact McKinnon was the last rb signed makes me think he would be the one most expendable
[Reply]
TEX 08:39 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
Why wouldn't they have cut him if they're planning on him being inactive?

Rojo was signed early in the off-season. McKinnon wasn't signed til closer to training camp. If Pacheco pans out and Rojo fills his role capably, CEH, Pacheco and Mckinnon's skills are fairly redundant and the fact McKinnon was the last rb signed makes me think he would be the one most expendable
A healthy McKinnon is the Chiefs best RB.
[Reply]
wazu 09:20 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
A healthy McKinnon is the Chiefs best RB.
I would love to see a game plan with a heavy dose of McKinnon. Guy has looked great for us when given opportunity. If he doesn't stay healthy we have some other options, but don't worry about that. Give him the damn ball.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:04 AM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by el borracho:
There is nothing CEH can do to earn a contract at this point. Too much data that he is JAG. Worse, really... too much data that he is too small and too slow and too injury-prone for the NFL. Even if he has a great year in 2022 it should be seen as an outlier. Chiefs should not even consider a new contract for CEH.
I think we'll know by week 4 if he's any better this year, or not. Supposedly he'd lost 20 lbs last year due to sickness but we'll see.

Interesting that McCaffrey and Barkley were both rumored to be available before the season though.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:48 AM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I think we'll know by week 4 if he's any better this year, or not. Supposedly he'd lost 20 lbs last year due to sickness but we'll see.

Interesting that McCaffrey and Barkley were both rumored to be available before the season though.
If it hasn't settled out this year I might take a flyer one year deal on Barkley...
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:14 AM 09-08-2022
It IS still possible that CEH shows the skill-set that got him drafted in the late 1st.

It IS.

Year one, injuries derailed a promising start.

Year two, he was really sick in the offseason and lost a bunch of weight, so that may well have been what made him look so sluggish.

Why he wasn't utilized much as a receiver? I have no idea. He looked like an EXCELLENT reciever coming out of LSU. I mean, that was half of the package. Perhaps there was a plan there to increase his workload and the injuries plus him being sickly last year derailed it.

It IS possible. Either way, we'll know shortly. I feel pretty good about the full backfield either way. All have different body types and different skill-sets, and on any given week against a specific team that might well be a nice thing to have in your back pocket.

I'm not holding my breath on Clyde, but I'd like to see him succeed. I think Pacheco is the future, regardless.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:52 PM 09-10-2022
I actually think the chances that CEH performs well are greater than RoJo doing it.

I'd LOVE to be proven wrong by CEH. Nothing would make me happier than if he suddenly turned in a Kareem Hunt against the Patriots week 1 performance.
[Reply]
Otter 03:23 PM 09-10-2022
Hope we get to see him carry the rock a couple times tomorrow but I think it's CEH's job to lose at this point. If Andy plays it right he'll use Pacheco to light a fire under his ass and we'll have 2 studs in the stable at RB.

Fingers crossed
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:49 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It IS still possible that CEH shows the skill-set that got him drafted in the late 1st.

It IS.

Year one, injuries derailed a promising start.

Year two, he was really sick in the offseason and lost a bunch of weight, so that may well have been what made him look so sluggish.

Why he wasn't utilized much as a receiver? I have no idea. He looked like an EXCELLENT reciever coming out of LSU. I mean, that was half of the package. Perhaps there was a plan there to increase his workload and the injuries plus him being sickly last year derailed it.

It IS possible. Either way, we'll know shortly. I feel pretty good about the full backfield either way. All have different body types and different skill-sets, and on any given week against a specific team that might well be a nice thing to have in your back pocket.

I'm not holding my breath on Clyde, but I'd like to see him succeed. I think Pacheco is the future, regardless.
Yup. I don't understand the rush to claim him "done."
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:26 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yup. I don't understand the rush to claim him "done."
It's just really hard to see the development and where the path for CEH to grow is. More than other RBs, at least. It took Jamaal Charles at least a year or two to get his career going, but nobody ever said, "Man, fuck Charles, what a bust" because he had flashes of what he could eventually be from day one. And you could easily attribute his slow cumulative stats to coaches not trusting him for some stupid ass reason. Probably blocking or some shit. I don't know.

CEH has had decent games, but it's rare to find his flashes. And we've just seen precisely ZERO use out of him in the passing game, which we thought we were going to get a ton of. One wonders why a player with the intelligence and leadership like him can't get his shit together and be a better weapon for Pat out of the backfield.

And there are plenty of possibilities, sure. The ones Chris Meck mentioned. Or maybe when we were still "throw deep all the goddamn time" he just got overlooked, only to get hurt for a bit and get overshadowed by Jet McKinnon in the passing game, so we just stuck with what was working at the time.

He can break out of the cycle of meh he's stuck in, but I think it's going to require the coaches to find a plan for him that will boost his confidence and eventually turn him back to what we thought we were getting. If they just kind of run him through the committee and say, "You get 5-10 carries a game and if you don't do something productive out of the backfield and make it easier on Pat, we're not coddling you" then I think he'll continue to be the meh player he's been, and we'll wind up moving on from him after year 4.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:13 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It's just really hard to see the development and where the path for CEH to grow is. More than other RBs, at least. It took Jamaal Charles at least a year or two to get his career going, but nobody ever said, "Man, **** Charles, what a bust" because he had flashes of what he could eventually be from day one. And you could easily attribute his slow cumulative stats to coaches not trusting him for some stupid ass reason. Probably blocking or some shit. I don't know.

CEH has had decent games, but it's rare to find his flashes. And we've just seen precisely ZERO use out of him in the passing game, which we thought we were going to get a ton of. One wonders why a player with the intelligence and leadership like him can't get his shit together and be a better weapon for Pat out of the backfield.

And there are plenty of possibilities, sure. The ones Chris Meck mentioned. Or maybe when we were still "throw deep all the goddamn time" he just got overlooked, only to get hurt for a bit and get overshadowed by Jet McKinnon in the passing game, so we just stuck with what was working at the time.

He can break out of the cycle of meh he's stuck in, but I think it's going to require the coaches to find a plan for him that will boost his confidence and eventually turn him back to what we thought we were getting. If they just kind of run him through the committee and say, "You get 5-10 carries a game and if you don't do something productive out of the backfield and make it easier on Pat, we're not coddling you" then I think he'll continue to be the meh player he's been, and we'll wind up moving on from him after year 4.

How was your Saturday, sweetie?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:09 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I drafted him last night as my RB5…. Worth the flier, now we just need CEH to flame out.

CEH will get injured tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 78 of 125
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288 > Last »
Up