Page 78 of 112
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
staylor26 11:32 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That is a fair criticism, another one is saying they made a panic move for a LT that doesn't fit their system while never doing anything about RT.
Oh look it's the guy that coincidentally only pops up when the Chiefs lose.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:35 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
He needs to get Pat more actual weapons.

Not the JuJus and MVS's of the world.

Actual playmakers.

Once Kelce starts slowing down, who is going to be out there to help make plays for Pat?

That's my concern. A few years ago we had Hunt and Hill. Since losing those guys we haven't even come close to adequately replacing them.

And we've had four years to do that with Kareem and haven't.

That bothers me.
Not very impressed with Noah Gray either. He never seems to get YAC, unlike Kelce.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:37 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Not very impressed with Noah Gray either. He never seems to get YAC, unlike Kelce.
I mean he's a 5th round pick.

Contributions from guys like that is nice.

I think for the most part the Chiefs have drafted well, the CEH miss hurts pretty bad because of positional value.

Like the Ravens look stupid because Patrick Queen has been a scrub, you take an off ball LB in the 1st 2 rounds dude better be good.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:39 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Noah is very JAG-worthy, but dude was a 5th rounder, so...
[Reply]
staylor26 11:40 AM 10-17-2022
Less than 2 years ago the narrative on Howie Roseman was that he couldn't identity WR talent for shit, now the Eagles have DeVonta Smith and AJ Brown.
[Reply]
O.city 11:41 AM 10-17-2022
Most sweet players are drafted early in the draft. You won’t consistently get difference makers in the 4th round. Outliers happen sure, but you can’t bank on that
[Reply]
staylor26 11:42 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Most sweet players are drafted early in the draft. You won’t consistently get difference makers in the 4th round. Outliers happen sure, but you can’t bank on that
This is the problem when you get a Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill with a 3rd and 5th.

Expectations become pretty unrealistic.
[Reply]
O.city 11:44 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is the problem when you get a Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill with a 3rd and 5th.

Expectations become pretty unrealistic.
Yeah pretty much.

Just go get DJ moore or burns. You aren’t likely gonna draft anyone that good
[Reply]
Mecca 11:46 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah pretty much.

Just go get DJ moore or burns. You aren’t likely gonna draft anyone that good
I don't think expecting a first round RB to be a solid player is asking to much...
[Reply]
staylor26 12:04 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't think expecting a first round RB to be a solid player is asking to much...
Nobody is saying that he's not a huge miss, but it happens to the best of them. It's the narrative that people are trying to push because of it.

Just look at the Bills, who everybody wants to blow. They've spent a day 2 pick on a RB basically every year, and they still haven't found one.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 12:07 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Sooo, he apparently didn't draft any WRs/TEs and yet the roster is filled with them. he also had to rebuild the Ol in a single season. Pretty much got an A+ for that. Rebuilding the defense this year, mostly the secondary, and there's a lot of talent there.

And in the Veach era, the team has averaged 12.5 wins/season or something very much like that. 4 consecutive AFC-W titles, 3 consecutive AFCC titles, two SB appearances, 1 SB W.

But somehow Veach is doing it wrong. Okay I guess.
A lot of that success can be contributed to the John Dorsey picks.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:10 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
A lot of that success can be contributed to the John Dorsey picks.
I can't believe this narrative is still a thing when we're a legit top 3 team, and basically have 3 Dorsey guys left on the entire roster, one of whom is Mahomes who Veach gets most of the credit for.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:17 PM 10-17-2022
Less than 2 years ago the narrative on Howie Roseman was that he couldn't identity WR talent for shit, now the Eagles have DeVonta Smith and AJ Brown.
Well they were shit for a year and Smith was an easy pick to identify and they have a rookie QB c NT tact to be able to put a guy like AJ Brown.

The Chiefs are never a shit team under Andy. We have to work harder for talent
[Reply]
staylor26 12:18 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Well they were shit for a year and Smith was an easy pick to identify and they have a rookie QB c NT tact to be able to put a guy like AJ Brown.

The Chiefs are never a shit team under Andy. We have to work harder for talent
I understand, I'm just pointing out that things change quickly when you have an aggressive GM who will attack a weakness.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 12:21 PM 10-17-2022
I can't believe this narrative is still a thing when we're a legit top 3 team, and basically have 3 Dorsey guys left on the entire roster, one of whom is Mahomes who Veach gets most of the credit for.
He said it as the Veach era of success not just this year. Jones, Kelce , Tyreek, Mahomes ( we know Veach had a hand in this) . That’s four all pro players. If Hunt wouldn’t have fucked up he would have been another stud for us. All played important roles in winning a Super Bowl and AFC west titles.
[Reply]
Page 78 of 112
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288 > Last »
Up