ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 80
« First < 28687475767778 7980 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury Updates Thread
Chiefspants 04:51 PM 01-21-2023
Figured it would be more ideal to give this its own thread than the Jaguars gamethread.

Unspoiler to see the first two updates

Spoiler!

UPDATE 3: Courtesy of King - High Ankle Sprain Confirmed

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

UPDATE 4: Got asked to add this report from Arrowhead Pride to the OP: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:11 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Oh no, here comes Pete.

We won't even sniff the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:13 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Where does he look gimpy?

Was just watching some practice footage.. he did a drill and as he trotted over to the next you could see just a bit of favoring the ankle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
notorious 12:13 PM 01-27-2023
:-)
[Reply]
notorious 12:14 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Was just watching some practice footage.. he did a drill and as he trotted over to the next you could see just a bit of favoring the ankle.

Gamesmanship.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:19 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
Gamesmanship.

Hope so but I think it’s perfectly reasonable to think he is not 100%

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:20 PM 01-27-2023
Considering the guy isn’t on any shots and is probably instructed to over stretch every movement, I’d say the guy looks really damn good with 2 more days of healing to go! Plus with mahomes the guy always trots like he has a sprained ankle
[Reply]
straycash 12:25 PM 01-27-2023
Will have the game of his life
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:36 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by petegz28:

You are trying to see something that isn’t there.

Lay off the Tony Romo fentanyl.

Just got out of #chiefs practice. We watched Patrick Mahomes throw three passes. Here they are all three. Next time we see him on the field will be at Arrowhead Sunday vs the #bengals pic.twitter.com/0VePAnUmqK

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) January 27, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:45 PM 01-27-2023
He's keeping his front knee 'soft' and bending off it. So he's not peg legging it.

If he were favoring that ankle too much (and make no mistake, he will favor it a little bit), I think you'd see him locking that front knee to take some strain and off his drive leg as his base would have his weight shifted further forward.

But if he's keeping that front knee bent, I think that's a good sign that the weight distribution is pretty even and you'll see relatively 'ordinary' (for him) mechanics. Obviously that doesn't speak to the possibility of aggravating it, but I think he'll enter that game sound enough to do anything we'd need him to do.

The ankle is going to be out of sight, out of mind for me unless/until he proves otherwise. There's nothing more to see here, IMO.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:16 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's keeping his front knee 'soft' and bending off it. So he's not peg legging it.

If he were favoring that ankle too much (and make no mistake, he will favor it a little bit), I think you'd see him locking that front knee to take some strain and off his drive leg as his base would have his weight shifted further forward.

But if he's keeping that front knee bent, I think that's a good sign that the weight distribution is pretty even and you'll see relatively 'ordinary' (for him) mechanics. Obviously that doesn't speak to the possibility of aggravating it, but I think he'll enter that game sound enough to do anything we'd need him to do.

The ankle is going to be out of sight, out of mind for me unless/until he proves otherwise. There's nothing more to see here, IMO.
It seems like we can conclude three things pretty definitively:

1) He's likely not going to be 100% in the sense that he probably won't be spinning around and escaping pressure while making 5 guys miss on an epic run to the end zone (see the Titans game from 2020).

2) He should be able to move around in the pocket, make standard handoffs, and make throws provided the OL can give him a little time.

3) He's Patrick Mahomes, and it's generally a bad idea to underestimate him.
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:24 PM 01-27-2023
Looks like his recovery is a ahead of what you'd expect.

Is it likely he's still going to be less than 100%? Yes.

What does that mean for our chances?:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:27 PM 01-27-2023

A+ ANALYSIS FROM CP'S FINEST :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:36 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Looks like his recovery is a ahead of what you'd expect.

Is it likely he's still going to be less than 100%? Yes.

What does that mean for our chances?:-)
All PATBANANA KNOWS IS....BALL...GOOD.... AND RAPE
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:41 PM 01-27-2023
:-) That assistant out there catching balls with one arm.

Can we sign him to the active roster if Hardman isn’t ready to go?
[Reply]
BWillie 01:42 PM 01-27-2023

It's going to be pretty easy for him to throw fade routes. I know we don't like to do that very often but it might be what the doctor ordered especially with Fortson healthy.

I'm kind of worried about when he progresses to the 4th read and has to find a guy on the sideline because it would force him to have to shift laterally on that ankle.
[Reply]
Page 78 of 80
« First < 28687475767778 7980 >
Up