ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 192
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:01 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
For what purpose?

If I nail 4 players but am wrong on one that’s the player that will be brought up.

The standards will be raised higher for me than actual NFL decision makers
Seems like a losing proposition unless it was my board vs the person questioning it.

But no one questioning me has the balls to do THAT.
What a monumental pussy.

By the way, everyone 'questioning' you has gone on record for just about every single question you could possibly be asking, sport. Very few of us will shy away from our records 'round here.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:27 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What a monumental pussy.

By the way, everyone 'questioning' you has gone on record for just about every single question you could possibly be asking, sport. Very few of us will shy away from our records 'round here.
So go on record now.

Troy Franklin is better than:

Zay Flowers
Jordan Addison

Select any of the above. These were WR's that went 1st round last year.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:29 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9;17415208[B:
]I'm all in on Xavier Worthy. I want absolutely nothing to do with Adonai Mitchell though[/B]. Mitchell's only semi productive season was last year and then factor in that 399 yds/845 yds(47%) came in just 3 games. I don't think you spend a 1st or 2nd round picks on a dude that had 1 decent year and only had that because he had a few good games. You pick that kind of guy in the 4th round or later.

:-)

Yikes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:40 PM 02-23-2024
So go on record now.

Zay Flowers
Jordan Addison

I'm not a huge Franklin fan - I worry that he'll be too easy to bump off the route. And contrary to your little pity party, I have absolutely gone on record saying exactly that.

However, at 32? If he's there I may very well find him to be the best player available for us. And WTF does last year's draft have to do with anything?

You're just talking in very stupid circles at this point.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:44 PM 02-23-2024
I'm not a huge Franklin fan - I worry that he'll be too easy to bump off the route. And contrary to your little pity party, I have absolutely gone on record saying exactly that.

However, at 32? If he's there I may very well find him to be the best player available for us. And WTF does last year's draft have to do with anything?

You're just talking in very stupid circles at this point.

NFL teams routinely measure players not only against each other but prior and future draft classes.

How about this exercise?

Troy Franklin vs

Jayden Reed
Rashee Rice

Would you value Franklin more than these players selected at WR in the 2nd last year?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:56 PM 02-23-2024
It doesn't matter. They're not in this draft.

If they're the best player in the board when you pick, who gives a fuck where they'd have ranked the previous year?

As for Rice vs Franklin - boy, for someone so worried about 'the record' you sure are reluctant to actually...Y'know...examine it.

What does ANY of this have to do with your pussy refusal to offer your own opinions rather than merely shit on those of others?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:57 PM 02-23-2024
It doesn't matter. They're not in this draft.

If they're the best player in the board when you pick, who gives a **** where they'd have ranked the previous year?

As for Rice vs Franklin - boy, for someone so worried about 'the record' you sure are reluctant to actually...Y'know...examine it.

What does ANY of this have to do with your pussy refusal to offer your own opinions rather than merely shit on those of others?
Pure projection.

:-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:04 PM 02-23-2024
For what purpose?

If I nail 4 players but am wrong on one that’s the player that will be brought up.

The standards will be raised higher for me than actual NFL decision makers
Seems like a losing proposition unless it was my board vs the person questioning it.

But no one questioning me has the balls to do THAT.
Not really. Everyone gets shit wrong. Nobody cares, no one is going to remember it. When it comes to getting shit right, you have to be your own cheerleader for that.

As far as Franklin goes, from what little ive watched of him he looks like a 2nd round pick to me. Still early in the process though.

So far im a big Brian Thomas fan. Harrison and Nabers are no brainers, but i'm not even including them because that's obviously a pipe dream. I guess Thomas is too but....w/e.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:05 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
Not really. Everyone gets shit wrong. Nobody cares, no one is going to remember it. When it comes to getting shit right, you have to be your own cheerleader for that.

As far as Franklin goes, from what little ive watched of him he looks like a 2nd round pick to me. Still early in the process though.

So far im a big Brian Thomas fan. Harrison and Nabers are no brainers, but i'm not even including them because that's obviously a pipe dream. I guess Thomas is too but....w/e.
I didn't bring it up. Someone got mad that I had a different opinion on a WR and tried to change the subject.

But yeah, I agree with you on Franklin. Safe 2nd round pick that if it was done by KC would be the MVS replacement in the offense.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:17 PM 02-23-2024
So go on record now.

Zay Flowers
Jordan Addison

You keep doing this.

I was very high on Flowers and Addison last year.

They were better prospects, but not in another stratosphere or anything.

Flowers and Addison had no chance of making it to 31 last year. Franklin has a legitimate shot, and I feel that would be solid value.

I really don't see why you keep bringing those 2 guys up. Is that the bar for the 32nd pick? You're bound to be disappointed with those expectations.

Brian Thomas Jr. seems to be the most common WR4 on people's boards. The top 3 WRs will likely be gone by well before we're outside of the top 10. The chances that WR4 makes it outside of the top 25 are slim.

Franklin, Coleman, Mitchell, Worthy, abd Legette are the WRs you're likely choosing from at 32. None of those guys are as good of prospects as Addison and Flowers either.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 06:43 PM 02-23-2024
As I pick my way through this class, I want to know what, SPECIFICALLY, people feel puts Franklin above Devontez Walker, projected to go late second/early third. If anything, I would take Walker simply for the extra 20 pounds. They have similar skill sets, the biggest difference I see is that Walker's QB was a noodle arm. What, specficially, in Franklin's skillset puts him over Walker?
[Reply]
staylor26 06:48 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
As I pick my way through this class, I want to know what, SPECIFICALLY, people feel puts Franklin above Devontez Walker, projected to go late second/early third. If anything, I would take Walker simply for the extra 20 pounds. They have similar skill sets, the biggest difference I see is that Walker's QB was a noodle arm. What, specficially, in Franklin's skillset puts him over Walker?
Walker, while bigger, isn't quite as fast, and he had an awful Senior Bowl week. He was up there with all of those other guys before Senior Bowl week for me.

Also Drake Maye is a "noodle arm"? That's a new one. His QB had a much better arm than Franklin's.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 06:53 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Walker, while bigger, isn't quite as fast, and he had an awful Senior Bowl week. He was up there with all of those other guys before Senior Bowl week for me.

Also Drake Maye is a "noodle arm"? That's a new one. His QB had a much better arm than Franklin's.
Really, tell me why Walker has to literally stop for half the long balls Maye puts up? Noodle Arm. Never hit Walker in stride all of the 2023 campaign, despite Walker having the CBs whipped.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:29 PM 02-23-2024
So go on record now.

Zay Flowers
Jordan Addison

Those guys are better than Franklin but neither of them have Mahomes/Reid
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:00 PM 02-23-2024
Ok, quit pissing on each others shoes already.

Personally, I think Thomas Jr would be an amazing fit for us!

A tall legit deep threat is kinda old school like chucking it up to Moss.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 192
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Up