ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 192
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:03 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
really think we lucked out big time by not getting trent williams because we landed this champ

love it

lets go!!!
Yeah, I think long term, this is going to prove to be the better deal. Williams might be better this season and maybe next but 3+ years down the line I'd rather have a 27-28 year old Brown than a 35-36 year old Williams
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:04 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
My God this is a slam dunk.

Him talking about why he wants to play LT and his history with his Dad has me fired up!

Home ****ing Run!
Yep. And the Chiefs did not have to sell the farm to get him.

Awesome trade. Can't wait for the season to start.

Hopefully the oline gels quickly, with so many new faces it may take a few games for them to get into thier groove...but man once they do it is gonna be something special.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:04 AM 04-26-2021
“It was hard to wrap my mind around getting traded to the best situation in the league and coming from what I came from.”

Dude is so happy to block for Patrick and not Lamar :-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:04 AM 04-26-2021
Wow, well worth the watch.

His response as to why he needs to play LT was outstanding. I'm seriously impressed with that response.

Well spoken, articulate, intelligent dude.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:04 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:

[Reply]
Hoover 11:04 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
That press conference was impressive. This guy is driven from within and it comes through loud and clear. He's been dreaming his whole life of having this opportunity, and I honestly believe him when he says it's about that dream more than money.
Yeah. He wants to a Hall of Fame OT, that's exactly the dude I want on my team. He's a lot like Patrick that way.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:14 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
One of the guys that go early in this draft may end up being better than Orlando, but cost factors in.
That would be surprising.

For all of the people that have wanted to basically trade away future 1st's and 2nd's for a left tackle in this draft, scouts and well-connected people like Peter King think this draft is going to end up being a stinker due to opt-outs, no Combine, lack of film, no reliable 40 times and medical.

Time will tell but it wouldn't surprise me if this draft is more akin to 2013 than any of the more stacked drafts in recent memory.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:27 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

For all of the people that have wanted to basically trade away future 1st's and 2nd's for a left tackle in this draft, scouts and well-connected people like Peter King think this draft is going to end up being a stinker due to opt-outs, no Combine, lack of film, no reliable 40 times and medical.

Time will tell but it wouldn't surprise me if this draft is more akin to 2013 than any of the more stacked drafts in recent memory.
Yep. One of the things this offeseason's unique series of events allowed me to do was REALLY analyze this OT class.

And I'm now convinced that while it's VERY deep as far as serviceable players, it lacks any top-end quality. Sewell is by far the best prospect but I get the impression that were this the 2018 draft, he'd probably be the 3rd tackle and a later 1st round pick.

This draft is nowhere close to the 2016 draft, for example.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:29 AM 04-26-2021
PFF and Eric Eager double down on their asinine take of the situation.

Who won the Orlando Brown trade? pic.twitter.com/EMyCcz1aIT

— PFF (@PFF) April 26, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 11:33 AM 04-26-2021
“This is another blunder for the Kansas City Chiefs”

:-) :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:34 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. One of the things this offeseason's unique series of events allowed me to do was REALLY analyze this OT class.

And I'm now convinced that while it's VERY deep as far as serviceable players, it lacks any top-end quality. Sewell is by far the best prospect but I get the impression that were this the 2018 draft, he'd probably be the 3rd tackle and a later 1st round pick.

This draft is nowhere close to the 2016 draft, for example.
I think it's deep in terms of guys who CAN be really good LTs, but that there aren't many without some question marks.

Spencer Brown is a monster athlete with incredible feet and movement ability. But he has questions about his comp level and technique and ability to play LT. etc.

There's always a wart. There are a lot of guys who have the tools to be quality T in the NFL... just questions on all
[Reply]
staylor26 11:35 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

While I agree about the T’s, I think the part about this years draft is way overblown by people like King. Yea, the talent that’s available in the last couple rounds will most certainly be weaker than most years, but this is still a good class in rounds 1-4. I think the point that they’re trying to make is that there’s going to be some huge misses due to those factors you mentioned, but the talent level is MUCH better than 2013 in rounds 1-4.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:36 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think it's deep in terms of guys who CAN be really good LTs, but that there aren't many without some question marks.

Spencer Brown is a monster athlete with incredible feet and movement ability. But he has questions about his comp level and technique and ability to play LT. etc.

There's always a wart. There are a lot of guys who have the tools to be quality T in the NFL... just questions on all
Yeah, I think there's depth at LT in terms of potential.

There's also a lot of depth on guys that are NFL-ready that don't have true superstar upside but could be adequate on the left side and even above average on the right or inside.

What this draft really lacks is that blue chip LT prospect that is both NFL ready AND has unlimited all pro potential.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:37 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
“This is another blunder for the Kansas City Chiefs”

:-) :-)
Yet another blunder for the team who’s been to back to back Superbowls.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:37 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
While I agree about the T’s, I think the part about this years draft is way overblown by people like King. Yea, the talent that’s available in the last couple rounds will most certainly be weaker than most years, but this is still a good class in rounds 1-4. I think the point that they’re trying to make is that there’s going to be some huge misses due to those factors you mentioned, but the talent level is MUCH better than 2013 in rounds 1-4.
IMO, the 1st round talent at QB, WR, and CB pretty much carries this draft. The rest of the positions are okay, lot's of depth but not a lot of high quality prospects.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 192
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Up