ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 367
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:45 PM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
Just went out and bought my Jeep Wrangler today..2003 with the 4.0 and a 5 speed manual

So now the fun of shopping for aftermarket parts begins..it is completely stock as of right now but I plan on slowly upgrading it to a mix of decent daily driver and a capable off road vehicle
Where is the pics?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:41 PM 06-25-2015
Spent the last 3 evenings putting Rattletrap Extreme sound deadener and heat shield in my car. I can't overstate how much I hate doing shit like that.

Therefore I am next going to put down a 1/2" foam sound killer from McMaster Carr that is supposed to be the shit.

Hoping to make the road noise and resonance from 3" exhaust minimal in a 50 year old car. Wish me luck.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:45 PM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Spent the last 3 evenings putting Rattletrap Extreme sound deadener and heat shield in my car. I can't overstate how much I hate doing shit like that.

Therefore I am next going to put down a 1/2" foam sound killer from McMaster Carr that is supposed to be the shit.

Hoping to make the road noise and resonance from 3" exhaust minimal in a 50 year old car. Wish me luck.
A lot of people are bitching and moaning about "drone" in after market exhaust systems or when they modify their original exhaust.

I've got the latest version of an active exhaust on the market and I can still hear the drone.

How do you eliminate drone?
[Reply]
lewdog 08:50 PM 06-25-2015

I bet she's a loud bitch on the inside when you're in her. Nice to be able to do that stuff for yourself though. You don't work on cars for a living do you?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:53 PM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
A lot of people are bitching and moaning about "drone" in after market exhaust systems or when they modify their original exhaust.

I've got the latest version of an active exhaust on the market and I can still hear the drone.

I have to wonder if your car has an x-pipe in it or if the aftermarket exhaust systems do. That usually will eliminate most drone.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:57 PM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I bet she's a loud bitch on the inside when you're in her. Nice to be able to do that stuff for yourself though. You don't work on cars for a living do you?
I thought you were talking about my wife for a minute. :-)

Yea its a bit loud inside but I have never had it very sealed up and its never had carpet or a headliner which is coming up. I have been reading and working on some good solutions and no this is just a hobby.

Been working on cars since I was 15 so that's about 29 years now. Damn.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:03 PM 06-25-2015
I have to wonder if your car has an x-pipe in it or if the aftermarket exhaust systems do. That usually will eliminate most drone.
Two separate straight pipes to the back. Muffler under the seats. Sensor by the wheels. Resonator after the sensor with about a 1 foot of straight pipe before the exhaust tips.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:10 PM 06-25-2015
Two separate straight pipes to the back. Muffler under the seats. Sensor by the wheels. Resonator after the sensor with about a 1 foot of straight pipe before the exhaust tips.
I assume the factory stuff is fine?

Chances are aftermarket makes it flow better and makes it louder but without an X-pipe it can also cause drone. An X-pipe should eliminate most of that.

Its a fine line between loud and annoying.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:29 AM 06-26-2015
Here is the new hot rod
Attached: 20150626_082827.jpg (93.5 KB) 
[Reply]
morphius 07:46 AM 06-26-2015
BRC - You might appreciate this, went to my Uncles last weekend and he has 2 challengers, an SRT Yellow Jacket and nice pretty red Hellcat. We get there and he tosses me the keys to the Hellcat and says lets go for a ride. :-)

Sadly it isn't broken in yet, so still on the grey keys, but still at 500hp. He told me to come back next year when we can really lay some rubber.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:26 AM 06-26-2015
There are some beaches around here that have a harder pack of sand that you can drive a car on. Daytona Beach is the most famous one down here. They raced the Daytona 500 on sand up until post war, I think.

Got the tint done today. Went with 15% tint. Legal limit here in Florida is 33%. I decided I'd rather pay the damn fine than put some wimpy tint on such a bad ass car.
Beautiful pics. I thought this was in the Keys w/the mangroves.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:22 PM 06-26-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
Here is the new hot rod
:-) Love that color. Nice ride!:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:26 PM 06-26-2015
Originally Posted by morphius:
BRC - You might appreciate this, went to my Uncles last weekend and he has 2 challengers, an SRT Yellow Jacket and nice pretty red Hellcat. We get there and he tosses me the keys to the Hellcat and says lets go for a ride. :-)

Sadly it isn't broken in yet, so still on the grey keys, but still at 500hp. He told me to come back next year when we can really lay some rubber.
Yeah I just got past the broken in period. It is damn fast. Way faster than my driving skills. I've already scarred myself twice. Once over corrected a corner slide and when it layed down some 3rd gear rubber and momentarily lost traction.

Can't imagine having another 200hp to control.:-)

How did it drive? You drive it in sport mode?
[Reply]
morphius 12:45 PM 06-26-2015
Yeah I just got past the broken in period. It is damn fast. Way faster than my driving skills. I've already scarred myself twice. Once over corrected a corner slide and when it layed down some 3rd gear rubber and momentarily lost traction.

Can't imagine having another 200hp to control.:-)

How did it drive? You drive it in sport mode?
I don't know if it was in sport or not, to be honest. He was playing with the settings. I got to throw in a couple good fish tails with it, but the car never felt like it was about to do anything unpredictable, which actually surprised me.

Showed him a picture of yours, he dug the shaker hood.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:37 PM 06-26-2015

A big monster knarly cam that never levels out! Thump thump thump!
[Reply]
Page 77 of 367
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Up