ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 196
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 KU Football Thread****
Pablo 06:17 PM 09-10-2022
We gotta stop posting in the basketball thread folks.

Let's ROCK CHALK in this bitch!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:59 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Not all coaches go in somewhere and are afraid of the expectations.

All of the coaches post-Mangino at Kansas have been fired before or right after the conclusion of 3 seasons. That isn't being patient (and all have them save for Miles who was fired non-performance reasons had horrible records).
Wrong. Beaty lasted four years despite being 2-34 vs the Big 12. He went 1-11 in his third year and was still brought back for another year.

Weis went 2-25 vs the Big 12 and showed no signs of improvement.

Just stop. What a pathetic argument.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:07 PM 10-06-2022
What is a reasonable expectation on number of wins in our last 7? The schedule looks pretty brutal. I would say 1.5 might be the over under but I’m not very knowledgeable about college football to say it confidently
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 03:34 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
What is a reasonable expectation on number of wins in our last 7? The schedule looks pretty brutal. I would say 1.5 might be the over under but I’m not very knowledgeable about college football to say it confidently
Going 2-5 to finish is definitely achievable. Win 3 and he's hit a Home fricking run on top of the home fricking run he's already hit in the first 5 games.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 03:35 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Wrong. Beaty lasted four years despite being 2-34 vs the Big 12. He went 1-11 in his third year and was still brought back for another year.

Weis went 2-25 vs the Big 12 and showed no signs of improvement.

Just stop. What a pathetic argument.
We can both be wrong and right at the same time.

He was there from 2015 to 2018 (inclusive vs exclusive when talking about years).
[Reply]
BWillie 03:43 PM 10-06-2022
Texas and OU most winnable games
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 03:46 PM 10-06-2022
This season is already a success. 2 B12 wins exceeds their record going back to 2009.

If 5 total is all KU wins this year, it is a success and a step forward. Disappointing after this start?, sure. But a hell of a lot better than the past decade. Improvement doesn't hit all in one season.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:47 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Going 2-5 to finish is definitely achievable. Win 3 and he's hit a Home fricking run on top of the home fricking run he's already hit in the first 5 games.
Sagarin spreads for rest of way

TCU +7.5
@OU +16.5
@Baylor +13.5
Okie Lite +11.5
@Mahomes U +3.5
Tejas +10.5
@Gay State +11.0

Looks absolutely daunting. Using current Sagarin for priors We are +4.0 at WVU which went into double OT, -2.0 at Houston a blowout, +4.0 vs Duke won by 7, +6.5 vs ISU won at the end.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 03:52 PM 10-06-2022
Sagarin spreads for rest of way

TCU +7.5
@OU +16.5
@Baylor +13.5
Okie Lite +11.5
@Mahomes U +3.5
Tejas +10.5
@Gay State +11.0

Looks absolutely daunting. Using current Sagarin for priors We are +4.0 at WVU which went into double OT, -2.0 at Houston a blowout, +4.0 vs Duke won by 7, +6.5 vs ISU won at the end.
So Nicky Lopez home runs.
[Reply]
carcosa 04:08 PM 10-06-2022
Undefeated, Big 12 champs, CFP BOUND!!!!!!
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:34 PM 10-06-2022
We can both be wrong and right at the same time.

He was there from 2015 to 2018 (inclusive vs exclusive when talking about years).
Your statement was factually wrong. Must be that Kentucky education that you think being almost right is OK.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:39 PM 10-06-2022
In terms of job stability, sure. In terms of $ and sustainable high levels of success, I'd say no.

And Nebraska leaving the B12 wasn't the issue. They shouldn't have fired Solich.

Wisconsin also has a better regional recruiting base than Kansas does.

What schools in the Big 12 do you think are more attractive than Wisconsin aside from Oklahoma and Texas given $, amenities, and recruiting region?

I could see the arguments for Oklahoma St. and maybe TCU, but that's it.
Leipold just made some derogatory comments about schools firing coaches after winning 9 games. Who do you think he was talking about? Wisky just did it and Nub U has done it at least twice.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:34 PM 10-06-2022
Line on Caesars just dropped to -6.5 TCU so I bet $1250 on TCU to cover for my free bet. Last week I lost when Michigan covered the 11 vs Iowa. This time either way I win unless...kU loses close lol
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:41 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If KU ponies up the cash, he has no reason to leave. Wisconsin, like Nebraska, just doesn't want to embrace the reality of what they really are.
Hiring a guy like Leipold would be a move that embraces that reality though and it's not just about salary, facilities always play a huge part as well as the new reality of the transfer portal & NIL. Chryst didn't even have a recruiting department the last 8 months, Ferentz & Iowa have not embraced this new reality and that's part of the reason you are seeing a fall off. I imagine this will play a part in guys like Leipold & Campbell's decisions moving forward.

With that if I had to guess right now I would say Leipold stays at KU. He's the 2nd choice at Wisconsin if Leonhard ends up working out & I know Campbell is the first choice at Nebraska Leipold is probably 2nd.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:49 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
So Nicky Lopez home runs.
I am not sure how many wins are realistically left. It’s always a good league and it’s no diff this year. Want to set proper expectations. If we get to 8-4 he is sweeping every COY honor for sure
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:18 PM 10-06-2022
I am not sure how many wins are realistically left. It’s always a good league and it’s no diff this year. Want to set proper expectations. If we get to 8-4 he is sweeping every COY honor for sure
I'm pleasantly surprised with the success so far. If we lose every game from here on out, I'll still consider the year a success. A disappointment? Yes, absolutely. But it's still improvement.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 196
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Up