ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 764 of 3903
« First < 264664714754760761762763764 76576676776877481486412641764 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
eDave 09:48 PM 03-25-2020
Treatment is all fine and dandy but doesn't address the spread. Lots of recovering people, all the time.
[Reply]
SupDock 09:49 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We also have a much larger population and logistical challenge than SK does.

Lookit, I would love it if we could test everyone. But then you would essentially have to isolate everyone until all the tests came back. Otherwise you can test negative but get infected 5 mins later.

Testing on a mass scale is only going to give you a snapshot of that particular moment in time. And until you know the results you would literally have to lock up everyone until you knew who had what or didn't have it.
Right, which is why our testing strategy is not comparable to SK
[Reply]
petegz28 09:51 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Treatment is all fine and dandy but doesn't address the spread. Lots of recovering people, all the time.
Containing the spread is going to be a neverending battle. Until we get effective treatments and vaccines it's going to be rough.

And you hope evolution plays a bit of a part and our bodies start to adapt to fighting this off. I have heard doctors talk about as this virus mutates it generally becomes less potent. As it learns to live off of humans so do our bodies become better at fighting it.

Time is the commodity right now for several reasons.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:51 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
There's nothing we can do to stop the spread until a vaccine comes out except practice social distancing. It sucks man. Such a horrible situation all because the Chinese like to eat bats.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:52 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Right, which is why our testing strategy is not comparable to SK
I am just giving you the raw numbers. We have tested more people than SK. Now how you apply that to other variables is how you apply it to other variables and I wouldn't necessarily disagree.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:58 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
We have tested considerably less people per capita than SK. In my opinion, this is much more relevant.
And just to point out, we are running about even with the death rate in SK which is 1.4%. I know it doesn't seem like it or feel like it but we are.

Whereas Italy is running closer to 9%.

The numbers show that while we are closer to Italy in total cases we are much, much closer to SK in outcome.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:01 PM 03-25-2020
The Stimulus package just passed in the Senate via a unanimous vote.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:03 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
About as political as I will get in this thread, it's about freakin' time. Now the House needs to get it passed and moved on. A lot of people, contrary to what some on here seem to think, are depending on that money to keep their business opened, employees on the payroll and their job.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:05 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
That's great to hear. Lots of Americans out there could use this money but from what I hear the people that need it won't get it for another month or so. Still great to hear. Hopefully they can speed up the process some how.
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:09 PM 03-25-2020
Staying at home minimizes the chances of a spread greatly. Some of us still need to go out to buy groceries and some others still have to work. For the majority who are layed off/furloughed, staying home is the most sensible thing to do. We don't want to end up like Italy or Spain. The spanish were out in the streets, in large gatherings and public events. They were making fun of the chinese just a couple of weeks ago. I bet they aren't laughing now.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:18 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by e3263518:
Staying at home minimizes the chances of a spread greatly. Some of us still need to go out to buy groceries and some others still have to work. For the majority who are layed off/furloughed, staying home is the most sensible thing to do. We don't want to end up like Italy or Spain. The spanish were out in the streets, in large gatherings and public events. They were making fun of the chinese just a couple of weeks ago. I bet they aren't laughing now.
If you noticed when this first started how many people on here and not just here but in society were downplaying the CoronaVirus and saying it is just the flu.. We should go about our lives. etc...

Well they aren't doing that now are they? Hell even petegz28 wants to quarantine NY now.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:26 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's great to hear. Lots of Americans out there could use this money but from what I hear the people that need it won't get it for another month or so. Still great to hear. Hopefully they can speed up the process some how.
It still needs to clear the House.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:26 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
We ended up at 222 deaths today.

Applying the slight revision upward I'd guess somewhere between 341 and 350 tomorrow.
Looks like we were nearly 100 shy of these numbers today. Am I seeing that correctly?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:27 PM 03-25-2020
Fire up the printing presses.
Print $$$$$$$$ and give us citizens more than 1,200.00 a person..
I want 7k minimum for a family of 4 and 2,400.00 for singles.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:27 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
It still needs to clear the House.
It will. It passed the Senate unanimously. It will pass the House.
[Reply]
Page 764 of 3903
« First < 264664714754760761762763764 76576676776877481486412641764 > Last »
Up