ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 762 of 3903
« First < 262662712752758759760761762 76376476576677281286212621762 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:11 PM 03-25-2020
Number of people that died from toaster electrocution past 24 hours is 240
[Reply]
petegz28 03-25-2020, 09:14 PM
This message has been deleted by petegz28. Reason: read wrong chart
RINGLEADER 09:14 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
World wide the % of critical cases is still at 4%. 96% are mild. That's an important stat to be mindful of.
You should probably factor in deaths into the serious/critical number and average against the whole number. The problem is it is likely even less because of all the cases that aren’t being counted to begin with.

Even with the more strict formula above, I’d be surprised if the serious/critical cases were more than 2% but that’s just a guess.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:15 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by HayWire:
Shit. My wife came home tonight and the lady she works directly with tested positive today. The lady that tested positive is the boss and chose not to go home until the positive test. Bitch
My daughter's boss lived in New Rochelle, on the same block as patient zero. She kept her employees working in the office for several days after she was working from home in the containment zone. I'm not sure she had the juice to give permission to work from home, but it was crazy to keep people moving around on the subway when there's no reason they can't work from home.

My daughter ended up with several days of a low grade fever and a cough, but it never got severe and she never got tested.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:17 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
You should probably factor in deaths into the serious/critical number and average against the whole number. The problem is it is likely even less because of all the cases that aren’t being counted to begin with.

Even with the more strict formula above, I’d be surprised if the serious/critical cases were more than 2% but that’s just a guess.
I agree. In fact I contend that if you did as we do with the flu and estimate cases that are never actually tested, our death rate is much, much less than what it is now. Maybe that is what you are saying.

And before everyone gets their panties wadded I am not calling this the flu.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:18 PM 03-25-2020
Dr. Fauci on when to end social distancing, “the virus makes the timeline”
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:21 PM 03-25-2020
Dude, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but 100 Americans die in 6 hours for lots of things every day.
You continue to downplay this virus. Unbelievable. You don't get it and apparently you never will.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:22 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Dr. Fauci on when to end social distancing, “the virus makes the timeline”
While I understand what he is saying I disagree to an extent. The virus is never going away. Our ability to treat and minimize the impact of the virus is what makes the timeline.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:23 PM 03-25-2020
I am starting to question the reliability of the testing numbers anyway. First we were told you were only being tested if you had symptoms. Now some are saying they aren't even testing you and just assuming you have it.

Then we have people that have it and either don't show symptoms or are mild and don't go ever get tested.
Not sure how you don't get this.

At first, without a lot of cases, we had test kits to test people with symptoms.

Now, with more cases each day, we don't have the ability to test everyone with symptoms because we don't have enough tests.

There are a LOT of people who will get or who have had it that simply won't get tested. We don't have that many tests to go around.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:25 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
You continue to downplay this virus. Unbelievable. You don't get it and apparently you never will.
Once again you just have to play this straw man bullshit. I did not downplay it. I am sorry to inform you however that people die from other things than this in the same or higher numbers every day. That is just the fact. To point that out is not down playing anything.

You don't get it. Now I am going to kindly ask you to either stop being confrontational every time you want to address my posts or to ignore me. But your constant bullshit of either making an assumption or otherwise putting words in my mouth and then opining on it is fucking old.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:26 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Not sure how you don't get this.

At first, without a lot of cases, we had test kits to test people with symptoms.

Now, with more cases each day, we don't have the ability to test everyone with symptoms because we don't have enough tests.

There are a LOT of people who will get or who have had it that simply won't get tested. We don't have that many tests to go around.
Not sure? You just basically repeated me. :-) Come on, Lew......
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:28 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
HIPAA restricts which software platforms are safe to use for telehealth/telepsych.
Not anymore. They lifted the restrictions last week.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:29 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Not anymore. They lifted the restrictions last week.
^
[Reply]
lewdog 09:29 PM 03-25-2020
Not sure? You just basically repeated me. :-) Come on, Lew......
Then you agree. This is running through the community at a more rampant pace than the number suggest.

Thank you and good night.
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 PM 03-25-2020
No but this is starting to become like politics, you can find a study or a test or a doctor to fit whatever narrative you want.

Case in point, we have a doctor that says he cured 350 people with HCQ and now we have 2 governors who have banned its use for whatever reasons they have.
It’s basically using a different epidemiological model. They think maybe half of England has already been exposed and there is just a bunch of mild and asymptomatic cases

There seems to be some things showing now that it may be true
[Reply]
O.city 09:32 PM 03-25-2020
You need to be able to test everyone to do the South Korean model

We’re past that so you basically lock it all down and get the fire out oit then you can go back to test and chase
[Reply]
Page 762 of 3903
« First < 262662712752758759760761762 76376476576677281286212621762 > Last »
Up