ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 333
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126176 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:30 PM 04-19-2023
Fuckem. If Shermanator isn't paying for it all himself he can take the team and fuck right off to Portland or Nashville or wherever the fuck else they want to peddle this dying product.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:54 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Fuckem. If Shermanator isn't paying for it all himself he can take the team and fuck right off to Portland or Nashville or wherever the fuck else they want to peddle this dying product.
Our brand of putrid, absolutely pathetic baseball is what distinguishes us from other Midwest cities. Without a .210 ball club we're just another Omaha or Wichita.
[Reply]
srvy 06:07 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Full transparency the only thing that might get me to attend a Royals home game is a downtown stadium, so maybe this is a brilliant tactic on Sherman's part
What if they brought back dollar beers and hotdogs in GA again? Would that get you out to the park?
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:13 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
What if they brought back dollar beers and hotdogs in GA again? Would that get you out to the park?
No dollar beers or dogs here, I'm self sufficient on all that

And no I'm not paying for any of it

I'm saying that if y'all build the Royals a new downtown stadium, I'd show up once or twice a year as opposed to seeing them lose in Raytown next door to a world championship organization committed to winning*

*yes we get the small market expectations of only being competitive every 30 years that the Royals bear
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:47 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Hard to argue ^

I suspect he knows he made a huge mistake buying this white elephant and will leave if we don’t gift him a DT park
[Reply]
BWillie 09:22 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Our brand of putrid, absolutely pathetic baseball is what distinguishes us from other Midwest cities. Without a .210 ball club we're just another Omaha or Wichita.
Those cities don't have a NFL team. Luckily nobody cares about baseball anymore.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:33 PM 04-19-2023
Its been an amazing display of deleveraging your young talent to your fanbase

There's obviously still a bunch of time left but woof this looks like the same old shit except worse

That said any of you PHX gluttons want to see how cheap we can get suite tix for the 4/26 afternoon game next week?
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:11 PM 04-19-2023

Oakland Mayor Sheng Thao says in statement the City of Oakland is "ceasing negotiations" with the A's and "moving forward on alternatives for the redevelopment of Howard Terminal." https://t.co/ka29N2U542

— Matt Kawahara (@matthewkawahara) April 20, 2023

[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:20 PM 04-19-2023

A's Turn Attention To Las Vegas, Reportedly Agree To Land Purchase For Nevada Stadium Site https://t.co/7IfMdkU87b pic.twitter.com/DAJdNHZGXC

— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) April 20, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:42 PM 04-19-2023
I'd say that Oakland deserves to lose it's team but it ain't as though John Fisher deserves to keep it either.

Frankly, the owner and the city deserve each other...
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:53 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd say that Oakland deserves to lose it's team but it ain't as though John Fisher deserves to keep it either.

Frankly, the owner and the city deserve each other...
Fisher showed total disdain for the few loyal fans he had left by doubling season ticket prices and keeping just a few concession stands open, so they had 30-minute wait times. Just destroyed the fan experience for even the diehards.

I blame Oakland for not closing the deal on the Laney College site that fell apart at the 11 o'clock hour. That deal was too close to the finish line not to get done.

But in all honesty, San Jose was the best place for the A's. MLB and the Giants blocked it. Ultimately, MLB and the Giants got their wish, a one team market in the Bay Area.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:35 AM 04-20-2023
A's should have moved to Denver in 1980. It's a shit market that's why they let Finley move there in the first place
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:21 AM 04-20-2023

From the #Royals: Taylor Clarke will start Friday’s game in Anaheim, as an opener for Ryan Yarbrough.

— Anne Rogers (@anne__rogers) April 20, 2023

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:31 AM 04-20-2023
1-12 at home
[Reply]
Mecca 09:07 AM 04-20-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
1-12 at home
They will finish April with 1 home win.
[Reply]
Page 76 of 333
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126176 > Last »