ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 163
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
Womble 09:29 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Haha when your starting forward looks the same as the dead people in the picture you know they’re coming home empty handed again. Also, no one knows who any of those people are besides that pretentious bitch that died in a crash.
Never heard of Churchill or the Queen?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:31 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
Never heard of Churchill or the Queen?
No. I grew up in America. No one gives a shit about any of those people. Are they dead too or do all people stuck over there just look like that?
[Reply]
penguinz 09:31 AM 11-30-2022
Tunisia might steal this game.
[Reply]
Womble 09:33 AM 11-30-2022
No. I grew up in a cave and I'm a baboon.
Fixed it for you
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:34 AM 11-30-2022
Haha when your starting forward looks the same as the dead people in the picture you know they’re coming home empty handed again. Also, no one knows who any of those people are besides that pretentious bitch that died in a crash.
How quickly society moves on, time was everyone knew the Life-Alert Fallen and Can't Get Up lady.

And I thought Ralph Kramden was a NYer.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:35 AM 11-30-2022
Fixed it for you
You honestly think everyone outside of that shithole know what Churchill and some ****ing old queen look like? Isn’t she dead now too? Something tells me bringing home imaginary trophies isn’t going to bring the old bitch back will it?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:39 AM 11-30-2022
You honestly think everyone outside of that shithole know what Churchill and some ****ing old queen look like? Isn’t she dead now too? Something tells me bringing home imaginary trophies isn’t going to bring the old bitch back will it?
TBF, this is our coach

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:41 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
The trouble is that it’s so difficult to spot a flop at game speed. even if you wanted greater emphasis on calling it, the ref has to be positioned perfectly in a way that makes it clear the player is diving in order to book someone for simulation.

And there’s also a whole spectrum of what people call diving. How do you separate an obvious flop with no contact from a situation where there is light contact and a player just goes down a little too easily? How do you separate the situations where a player is genuinely in pain and is down until it subsides enough to continue from one where he wasn’t truly hurting?

Even if you are going to have VAR stopping the match after looking at replays, all of these are still judgement calls in the mind of an officialthat are never going to be called consistently and the situation is no better.

What we have now is the best of all possible worlds, where a flop involving a penalty will be seen on VAR and the rest just get ignored.
What about making someone who flops come out of the game for some predetermined length of time? That way the refs are covered if the player was flopping, and the refs are covered it the guy is actually injured.

If someone is rolling around like they just got hit in the shin by a bazooka, then if they are actually hurt the refs are doing them a favor by making them sit. And if they're flopping, then making them sit seems like an fair penalty.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:43 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
What about making someone who flops come out of the game for some predetermined length of time? That way the refs are covered if the player was flopping, and the refs are covered it the guy is actually injured.

If someone is rolling around like they just got hit in the shin by a bazooka, then if they are actually hurt the refs are doing them a favor by making them sit. And if they're flopping, then making them sit seems like an fair penalty.
Or just do what we do now as referees. If it has no real impact on the game ignore it and tell the player his acting sucks and its not going to work. If they continue doing it then book em.

Soccer isn't like the NFL where you an pull a player for being an ass for a few plays. If you pull a player off the field and don't sub them then you play with fewer players on the field. if you sub him then that player is done for the game and you have used one of the limited number of substitutions allowed for the entire game.
[Reply]
Womble 09:45 AM 11-30-2022
Its quite impressive to not know what they look like regardless of the fact you grew up in a cave and are a completely different species. Must be horrible to be so fucking stupid and proud of it.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:46 AM 11-30-2022
Its quite impressive to not know what they look like regardless of the fact you grew up in a cave and are a completely different species. Must be horrible to be so ****ing stupid and proud of it.
To be fair all brits look pretty much the same. ;-)
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:47 AM 11-30-2022
Its quite impressive to not know what they look like regardless of the fact you grew up in a cave and are a completely different species. Must be horrible to be so ****ing stupid and proud of it.
What’s that little blue yam-aka thing on Churchills head? Was she Jewish or something?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:47 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
To be fair all brits look pretty much the same. ;-)
Dead or alive I’m learning. Do they have any sun there?
[Reply]
penguinz 09:49 AM 11-30-2022
Dead or alive I’m learning. Do they have any sun there?
Obviously no sun there. if there was enough light to see they would fix their teeth.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:51 AM 11-30-2022
Could someone explain offsides to me like I was 5? Is it like hockey, where the guy with the ball has to be first in some type of zone?
[Reply]
Page 76 of 163
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126 > Last »
Up