View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 76 of 343
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126176 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Bump 10:35 PM 07-12-2022
if he's demanding ridiculous money, like resetting the position, no. If he was playing like Willie Roaf did I'd say **** ya do it, but this isn't the case.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:03 PM 07-12-2022
I highly doubt any of these guys knows the details of the negotiations.

It’s all about the length of the deal and the guaranteed money…if he wants top of the current market type money, then the deal needs to be for 6 years with a team option after 2 and an inflated year 6 number.

A bunch of good tackles will be wanting extensions next offseason and the following one and the cap is going to jump after next year. If we give Orlando a deal for 6 years, he will be a bargain after 2, if he keeps his weight down and refined his technique on the left side.
[Reply]
srvy 11:08 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
It's so wild to imagine him demanding that that I almost don't believe it. Like this has to be a false rumor right?
Well, some in here have said they would do 25 million a year with certain contract wording in a heartbeat. I hope Veach won't and sticks to his guns. We will see but I don't at all think he is worth that and never have.

Baltimore saw it and they are a run-first football team he wasn't their future LT and moved on. Tag him and let him earn his payday with someone else.
[Reply]
srvy 11:15 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Let him reset the market. LT is the 2nd most important position on this team because he's protecting The Legend.
salary cap isn't real, and if it was it's about to go to the moon. In 2 years it'll look like a steal.

It's not my money,

I've heard that for the last 10 years it seems and it never does. Good players are gone because of the cap sure seems to happen a lot.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 11:16 PM 07-12-2022
Call his bluff. If he wants to Leveon Bell his career. That is on him. Would hate it, but if they have to sign Eric Fisher for a farewell year. Then I'm mildly okay with him and Thuney on that side. I'm sure their will be plenty of teams who want to pay top dollar for a OT who has sat on his blubbery ass developing even bigger bitch tits.
[Reply]
srvy 11:19 PM 07-12-2022
I'd say Tyreek Hill should tell you the cap is real and it's a mean mother.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:36 PM 07-12-2022
Well the Chiefs aren't paying that I'm sure. If it's negotiation I get that. If not, lol you just fucked yourself with that idiotic agent and ridiculous demands.

It's not about whether or not you get 25 million. It's whether or not you get a logical contract here or elsewhere.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:47 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Well the Chiefs aren't paying that I'm sure. If it's negotiation I get that. If not, lol you just ****ed yourself with that idiotic agent and ridiculous demands.

It's not about whether or not you get 25 million. It's whether or not you get a logical contract here or elsewhere.
He will 100% be the highest paid OL if he hits open market. Unless something unforseen happens.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:50 PM 07-12-2022
You think so??

Well let someone else do that.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:59 AM 07-13-2022
This feels like the Cheetah trade all over again. With that said, i wonder how that new agent is working out for Brown. Tyreek at least had a rock solid agent and the guy played it brilliantly. So IDK. Brown has a ton of leverage with Patrick under the helm. Tough spot for Veach to be in.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:30 AM 07-13-2022
The cap is set to jump big time next year. I'm sure our runaway inflation is creeping into that number as well. If Brown just plays at the same level this year under the tag, he stands to make that next year. And by then it might not seem so ludicrous.

So it might be in both parties' interest to just let him play under the tag, assuming he wants to bet on himself.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:31 AM 07-13-2022
Part of me says, relax, this is nothing but some free media attention. Every NFL related media source is running a story on this. After all Brett Veach and Orlando Brown Jr have earlier confessed their love and that the deal will get done. Why worry?

But the other part of me says wait... we earlier heard of other sure-fire agreements like Tyreek Hill.

We will see.

What is the official time on July 15th that an agreement has to be made?
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:46 AM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
I'd say Tyreek Hill should tell you the cap is real and it's a mean mother.
it's called value for your dollar. tyreek only has two good years left before he tears something IMO :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:39 AM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
if he's demanding ridiculous money, like resetting the position, no. If he was playing like Willie Roaf did I'd say **** ya do it, but this isn't the case.
Same here and I don't think Veach is going to cave and massively overpay the 22nd ranked left tackle.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:59 AM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Let him reset the market. LT is the 2nd most important position on this team because he's protecting The Legend.

It's not my money, salary cap isn't real, and if it was it's about to go to the moon. In 2 years it'll look like a steal.
LT, with a floating QB like Mahomes is maybe the 7th most important position on the Chiefs.

If you are Tom Brady then his worth is higher for a LT.

Either way this guy wants to reset the LT market...yet hes like thr 15th best LT. Just ridiculous. Dont pay him ANYWHERE near what he wants. Go kick rocks.
[Reply]
Page 76 of 343
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126176 > Last »
Up