Page 76 of 104
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Buffalo Bills
TLO 09:16 PM 01-16-2022
We're on to Buffalo
[Reply]
O.city 09:29 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
Yes. Its not uncommon here with CDTP-DV cases but every case is different and they seem to have pretty strong evidence with his rep admitting it in a statement.

My guess is it eventually gets plead down to a a non DV- CDTP. Not sure how that affects the NFL personal conduct policy.
Was gonna say, seemed like a "get out ahead of it with what happened and say what didn't>
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:32 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.
Eh - both guys are about equally likely to get lost in space. The difference is that Gay can close and Bolton really can't.

Especially on those sideline routes. Quick passes to the edge really do a number on Bolton sometimes. He's had some nice games in that regard but he's had some REALLY bad ones as well. And some recently.

Losing Gay means seeing a lot more Niemann and probably a little more Hitchens. It's not good news, especially against an athletic QB.

But more than the potential charges, the biggest problem here is the mental health element of it. I'd be surprised if Andy gives him the go-ahead given his past issues.

Next man up, I guess.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:47 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh - both guys are about equally likely to get lost in space. The difference is that Gay can close and Bolton really can't.

Especially on those sideline routes. Quick passes to the edge really do a number on Bolton sometimes. He's had some nice games in that regard but he's had some REALLY bad ones as well. And some recently.

Losing Gay means seeing a lot more Niemann and probably a little more Hitchens. It's not good news, especially against an athletic QB.

But more than the potential charges, the biggest problem here is the mental health element of it. I'd be surprised if Andy gives him the go-ahead given his past issues.

Next man up, I guess.

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:49 AM 01-20-2022

Next man up, I guess.
No, it's not good news. We need all hands on deck.

But it's not the end of the world, either.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:50 AM 01-20-2022
Losing Gay means seeing a lot more Niemann.
Spec Savers GIFfrom Spec GIFs

[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:50 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:

via GIPHY

[Reply]
mililo4cpa 09:50 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I wonder what the Super Bowl record is of teams that lose to the team that ends up with the worst record in the league that year?
[Reply]
Hog Rider 10:12 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I wonder what the Super Bowl record is of teams that lose to the team that ends up with the worst record in the league that year?
Strange. I thought this was the Willie Gay thread.
Thanks for getting it back on track.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:32 AM 01-20-2022

Next man up, I guess.
Yeah, it's hard to speculate/say.

I mean, if it is what it sounds like and he just got mad and broke a vacuum, and then left, he may be totally fine. Even after spending some time in a solitary holding cell (which, based on the time he was booked is likely what happened).

Rumor I heard was the "light nickel" package - where Niemann and Gay are at LB, with a clark-wharton-jones-ingram DL in front of them - is something the Chiefs will roll more of out this week against Buffalo. And something they've intentionally kept mostly under wraps so they can surprise Buffalo with it.

If true, Gay's ability to play/not play could be really impactful.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:41 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, it's hard to speculate/say.

I mean, if it is what it sounds like and he just got mad and broke a vacuum, and then left, he may be totally fine. Even after spending some time in a solitary holding cell (which, based on the time he was booked is likely what happened).

Rumor I heard was the "light nickel" package - where Niemann and Gay are at LB, with a clark-wharton-jones-ingram DL in front of them - is something the Chiefs will roll more of out this week against Buffalo. And something they've intentionally kept mostly under wraps so they can surprise Buffalo with it.

If true, Gay's ability to play/not play could be really impactful.
Wharton is a really nice fit in that scheme.

He's boom or bust, but when he booms he can just knife through that line. Discipline may be an issue for him though. He'll have to stay under control and not just come barreling forward just to watch Allen go running past.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:43 AM 01-20-2022
Wharton is a really nice fit in that scheme.

He's boom or bust, but when he booms he can just knife through that line. Discipline may be an issue for him though. He'll have to stay under control and not just come barreling forward just to watch Allen go running past.
Yeah. His mobility and speed make him a nice option on stunts, too. Lined up next to Jones, he's just another problem.

I think we'll see Reed on more "50/50 downs" to account for the run and specifically the power running they like to do with Allen. But it sure would be nice to be able to roll that package out against long passing downs.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:47 AM 01-20-2022
He's not the best LB on the team at all.
Well, maybe not but it sure as shit isn't Hitchens or Niemann who play all the god damned time.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:49 AM 01-20-2022
This place is funny.

We get 1 or 2 threads a week wondering why Gay doesn't play more than about 1/4 of the defensive snaps.

Now there's a possibility he can't play and people are freaking out.

We're not going to miss a guy that doesn't play that much.

Basic logic.
It's because Gay is the perfect weapon to spy Allen. In a game like this, it would be expected he would reach the maximum threshold of snaps available to him.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:53 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It's because Gay is the perfect weapon to spy Allen. In a game like this, it would be expected he would reach the maximum threshold of snaps available to him.
Spying Allen doesn't work. For the same reason spying Mahomes doesn't work.

This isn't Lamar Jackson we're talking about. These QB's will pick you apart and these coaches will scheme you to death if you try spying with any regularity.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:58 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Spying Allen doesn't work. For the same reason spying Mahomes doesn't work.

This isn't Lamar Jackson we're talking about. These QB's will pick you apart and these coaches will scheme you to death if you try spying with any regularity.
Either way, who has the close out speed to make the tackle? Ben Niemnn and Anthony Hitchens?
[Reply]
Page 76 of 104
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086 > Last »
Up