ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 91
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Icon 05:28 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Get hyped

Not gonna lie, that out break is wicked quick.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 05:31 PM 05-04-2024
First drive of the game in the Thursday night opener I hope they go hard playaction and let Mahomes put it out there as far as he can to Worthy. Put the fear of God into the rest of the league. Let em know they all F'ed up.
[Reply]
Smed1065 06:00 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by alanm:
I'm sure it's a superstitious thing.
He better buy them on Saturday then............
[Reply]
Warrick 06:24 PM 05-04-2024
Xavier Worthy MAKING PLAYS in Drills At Kansas City Rookie Camp

https://youtu.be/-gJQ9F5tArQ?si=8QI85eEcLGWcRHID
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:02 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

So we now have the in game GPS tracking to back up the 40 time and people still can't just say "well he's clearly faster on the field than he looks".

As for the bold, you understand how angles work, right? Dude was hauling ass with the angle and still couldn't catch him.
Yeah, I saw an old highlight of Justin Tuck run down LT on what should have been a very long 80 yard TD, and he did it because as soon as he stopped his rush on the wide side of the field, he turned and literally just started running to a spot on short side, and met him like 60 yards down field and pushed him out.

What makes Tyreek different from every fast person in the history of the NFL, is Tyreek isn't just fast, and I have said this before, he is the twitchiest quick twitch athlete, maybe that we have ever seen.

Everything he does is fast. Goes down to a knee to catch a ball, with the defender within half a yard, and is on his feet again before the defender realized he caught the ball.

Every Tyreek Hill movement is dripping in his speed. And it looks different on film or live.

Worthy is very fast, and is going to eat in this offense, I believe that absolutely. He will blow by guys that we think are fast. He is just never going to look like Tyreek, BECAUSE NO ONE LOOKS LIKE TYREEK.

People need to get over that.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan63 07:06 PM 05-04-2024
Tyreek is 1 of 1. Thats not a knock on anyone else. Just what it is.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:17 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Yeah, I saw an old highlight of Justin Tuck run down LT on what should have been a very long 80 yard TD, and he did it because as soon as he stopped his rush on the wide side of the field, he turned and literally just started running to a spot on short side, and met him like 60 yards down field and pushed him out.

What makes Tyreek different from every fast person in the history of the NFL, is Tyreek isn't just fast, and I have said this before, he is the twitchiest quick twitch athlete, maybe that we have ever seen.

Everything he does is fast. Goes down to a knee to catch a ball, with the defender within half a yard, and is on his feet again before the defender realized he caught the ball.

Every Tyreek Hill movement is dripping in his speed. And it looks different on film or live.

Worthy is very fast, and is going to eat in this offense, I believe that absolutely. He will blow by guys that we think are fast. He is just never going to look like Tyreek, BECAUSE NO ONE LOOKS LIKE TYREEK.

People need to get over that.
The others who were that explosive are Darrell Green and Bob Hayes
[Reply]
BossChief 07:39 PM 05-04-2024
Worthy’s in the conversation with Tyreek and weaponizes his speed at the same level.

Gonna be fun watching Pat dice up teams with these guys the next couple years.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:56 PM 05-04-2024
In seven years Mahomes will be 35 and Worthy will be 28. I'm absolutely thrilled Mahomes will have the fastest reciever in the world for the duration of the heart of his career. Man I love this team! :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:14 PM 05-04-2024
He is smart kid and he is going to be fun to watch.

Desean Jackson is the comp people should be leaning towards in terms of a ceiling, not Hill. Glad Worthy sees that.

He's built much more like Jackson than Hill. https://t.co/7KfNhncatS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) May 4, 2024

[Reply]
staylor26 08:31 PM 05-04-2024
For sure, but I think Worthy is even faster, and more physical.

4.35 40, 1.55 10 vs. 4.21 40 1.49 10

That's a significant difference, and for as much talk about his 40 and 10, Worthy's 41 inch vert and 10' 11" broad jump are just as insane. Dude is crazy explosive too.

I think the DJax comparison is a good one, just think there's a little bit more upside. Definitely closer to him than Tyreek though.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:38 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
First drive of the game in the Thursday night opener I hope they go hard playaction and let Mahomes put it out there as far as he can to Worthy. Put the fear of God into the rest of the league. Let em know they all F'ed up.
Us: "YEAAAHHH!!!"
The Rest of the League: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 09:20 PM 05-04-2024
I don't get hyped about worthy I stay hyped about worthy.
[Reply]
-King- 09:27 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Get hyped

That was a nice quick route. Even if he doesn't have the playbook fully down, you have to get him starting early. Just him as a decoy is dangerous.
[Reply]
Camaro 09:34 PM 05-04-2024
I’m curious if he will be faster than tyreek on Sundays
[Reply]
Page 75 of 91
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985 > Last »
Up