ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 270
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
tredadda 05:53 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
They reportedly want a 2nd + a player, including MVS and his $7m would allow us to absorb Hopkins contact I think.

Kelce, Hopkins, Toney, Moore, Watson, Rookie, Ross, Ross
Give them a 2nd and CEH. They get their pick and a RB to replace the one they gave to the Texans for Hopkins.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 06:00 PM 03-16-2023
Still nope
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:04 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Give them a 2nd and CEH. They get their pick and a RB to replace the one they gave to the Texans for Hopkins.
I like it!
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:16 PM 03-16-2023
According to some guy on Arrowhead Addict, Veach could also restructure MVS' deal, and he'd only count like $4M in 2023, giving Veach another $3M to work with? Restructure CJ and get $9M (I think), and Kelce to get another $5M? Something wacky like that.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
According to some guy on Arrowhead Addict, Veach could also restructure MVS' deal, and he'd only count like $4M in 2023, giving Veach another $3M to work with? Restructure CJ and get $9M (I think), and Kelce to get another $5M? Something wacky like that.
If we extend CJ - and we should - then the cap part won't be an issue at all, I don't think.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:32 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
If we extend CJ - and we should - then the cap part won't be an issue at all, I don't think.
To be completely honest, I have almost no idea. I have made it kind of a mission in life not to become too familiar with how the cap works/how it can be finagled. Mostly I let everyone else figure it out for me. Depending on who I read at the moment, it could be worthwhile, or it could be absolute shit.:-)

But yeah, I'm completely on board with extending CJ. I have no patience with the idea of trading him. And extending him would give us some breathing room with the cap, as I understand things.

I think that guy was talking about converting salaries into signing bonuses or something like that? It was a couple weeks ago now, so that's a bit hazy now.

Regardless, the guy was saying Veach could, if he was so inclined, make up to $17-$19M in cap space by those restructures. When i saw the thread about Mahomes getting restructured i kind of got excited for a minute.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 07:13 PM 03-16-2023
We need CEH next year.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:31 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
We need CEH next year.

[Reply]
tredadda 07:39 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
We need CEH next year.
Stop being your name. We don’t need CEH. His production is easily replaceable. Look at last year. He goes out and the offense doesn’t miss a beat.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:18 PM 03-16-2023

DeAndre Hopkins posted this on his Tik Tok three hours ago pic.twitter.com/MpdpnrzyNc

— Tucker D. Franklin (@tuckerdfranklin) March 17, 2023

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:56 PM 03-16-2023
Extend ceh? That would be Clyde Edward helairious
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:59 PM 03-16-2023
Stop being your name. We don’t need CEH. His production is easily replaceable. Look at last year. He goes out and the offense doesn’t miss a beat.
Yep we don’t need Hopkins either. Not worth the expense. So don’t be a Reerun

We need Hopkins like we need CEH
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:22 PM 03-16-2023
Veach is not going to give up a 2nd day draft pick and he damn sure isnt paying him $19 mil this year and $15 mil the year after that. If he wasn't ok giving JJSS (27 years old in November) a 3 yr/$33 mil, then why in the fuck does anyone think he's gonna give DHop (31 years old before TC) 2 yr $34 mil? Don't bring up how he was better than Juju 3 years ago either, because he's not that guy anymore.

Even if they thought DHop is a better player now than Juju it still wouldn't make sense. The Chiefs know Juju is a 1000 yd guy in this offense if he plays 17 games (933 in 15 games last year) and if they think Hopkins is a 1200 yd guy, then you really think they think Hopkins is worth $6 mil/yr more + draft pick(s)?

It just doesn't make any sense.
[Reply]
In58men 09:26 PM 03-16-2023
Veach isn’t going to do this and Veach isn’t going to do that. Some of you act like you’re his best friend :-).
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:28 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Veach isn’t going to do this and Veach isn’t going to do that. Some of you act like you’re his best friend :-).
No shit. So many speaking in absolutes that Veach is gonna do this and Veach gonna do that. Some of you are acting like you’re his best friend.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 75 of 270
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Up