ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 192
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
WarChiefs89 09:43 AM 04-26-2021
I'm not sure I get the concern about the cap. We actually have a very good looking cap situation 2 years out. We also know that the 1st year of a new contract the cap number is usually pretty low.

According to Over The Cap...

Next year we have $48 mil in projected space (assuming Clark + Hitchens are cut). Our only big FA's are Matthieu and now Jarran Reed and OBJ. Guys like Remmers, Sorensen, Pringle, C. Ward, etc. are FA's too. But, let's be honest none of them are true difference makers.

The following year the cap room jumps to $100 mil+ because of the money we get back from all the cuts over the last 2 years and expiring contracts. The only big FA in '23 is Tyreek. That's it. Others are Thornhill, Saunders, Mecole, Wharton. Again, no one that is demanding crazy money or a true difference maker on the team.

So if you're telling me Veatch is the best (and I believe he is) then you have to think with ~50 mil in space next year and another $50 mil of space in '23 he can keep OBJ + Matthieu and Tyreek.

Bottom line: the core of this team (PMII, Kelce, Tyreek, Chris Jones, Thuney, OBJ, Mathieu) + rookie contracts of Niang, Clyde, Sneed are all easily kept for the next 3 years. That's an amazing core of players to build with.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:46 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The original question/topic: Is there a theoretical maximum price for a blindside protector if you have the league's best QB?

Here are all the things you've been trying to change the question/topic to:
-Is it important to protect your franchise QB with a good blindside protector?
-It's wise to "overpay a bit" for a franchise LT when you've got the perfect QB (again, the question is about finding the theoretical threshold of that payment, not overpaying "a bit")
-Biblical parables

None of those are the original topic/question.

Why am I repeating myself? Because you have yet to refute what I said. Why am I insisting you answer this? I didn't at first, but you were the one who jumped in with your first strawman of, "So you don't think a LT is very important??!?!?!?!" And when I tried to re-direct things back to my original point, you keep dodging the issue.

You know what... **** it. It's just easier to call you stupid.
He's not only dumb, but also crazy as shit. Eric Fischer being good enough to protect Mahomes is pretty much proof that overpaying for a LT is fucking stupid. It's a stupid ass concept to think that putting yourself in cap hell and giving up multiple 1st round picks to "fort knox up"(fucking stupid term) our "lamborghini" (another stupid fucking term) QB.

And god damn people, no one is saying we overpaid for Brown (besides JakeF who is fucking retarded). Chiefshrink says it's impossible to overpay for a LT. He thinks there is no price that's too high. As if crippling your franchise cap wise and trading away multiple 1st round picks for a top 10 LT isn't a bad idea when you could get a guy that's middle of the pack who is perfectly adequate at doing his job and for a lot less.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:49 AM 04-26-2021
Would you do the deal that Houston made for Laremy Tunsil to get Orlando Brown Jr.?

I would not. That's too much.

If you would do the Houston deal for OBJ, would you be willing to throw in MORE than what they gave up for Tunsil? How much more?
Brown is going to be playing for Andy Reid and protecting Patrick Mahomes.

I'm guessing by the end of next year, Brown will be universally regarded as better than Tunsil, if not one of the best OT's in the game.

He's going to the absolute perfect situation to excel, regardless of his own ability.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:50 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Chiefs rebuilt o-line costs less than every other AFC west team this season.

We have the Cheapest Line in the AFC.
Even with all the rookie deals and cheap vet contracts, I would have thought LDT and Thuney would boost us above a team in the middle of a multi-year OL rebuild.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:51 AM 04-26-2021
One thing I like about OBJ is that he seems to be intelligent, unlike that mongoloid playing LT in Denver.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:52 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by WarChiefs89:
I'm not sure I get the concern about the cap. We actually have a very good looking cap situation 2 years out. We also know that the 1st year of a new contract the cap number is usually pretty low.

Next year we have $48 mil in projected space (assuming Clark + Hitchens are cut). Our only big FA's are Matthieu and now Jarran Reed and OBJ. Guys like Remmers, Sorensen, Pringle, C. Ward, etc. are FA's too. But, let's be honest none of them are true difference makers.

The following year the cap room jumps to $100 mil+ because of the money we get back from all the cuts over the last 2 years and expiring contracts. The only big FA in '23 is Tyreek. That's it. Others are Thornhill, Saunders, Mecole, Wharton. Again, no one that is demanding crazy money or a true difference maker on the team.

So if you're telling me Veatch is the best (and I believe he is) then you have to think with ~50 mil in space next year and another $50 mil of space in '23 he can keep OBJ + Matthieu and Tyreek.

Bottom line: the core of this team (PMII, Kelce, Tyreek, Chris Jones, Thuney, OBJ, Mathieu) + rookie contracts of Niang, Clyde, Sneed are all easily kept for the next 3 years. That's an amazing core of players to build with.
The job Veach and his guys have done is amazing.

There are always going to be positions that teams will have to be heavily invested in, Veach is spending money on those areas. I mean I can't believe how well he rebuilt the Oline. I mean, he found a 25 year old pro-bowl LT. Draft need eliminated. Now he needs to find a couple starters in the 2nd round.

I think one of those picks will be a WR or Center on offense, and a CB, LB, or Edge on Defense.

I think it's easier to hit on the offensive players to be honest. You could grab a Center and WR and have that unit stay intact for the next 5 years and not break the bank.

Give me play makers, WR and CB, please!
[Reply]
In58men 09:53 AM 04-26-2021
Orlando Brown Jr. has passed his physical, making official his trade to the Chiefs.
Veach: "This guy is a Pro Bowl player with tremendous size, quickness and power. Not only is he physically talented, but he's incredibly bright and will fit in well in our offensive line room."
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:55 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by WarChiefs89:

Sorenson isn't a difference maker? Our SB run disagrees.

Ward isn't a difference maker? He's our #1 Corner on a 2-time AFC Championship team.

Ward is the least appreciated, most under estimated player on our team, i swear. Dude never gets the respect he deserves.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:55 AM 04-26-2021
I still can’t believe our OL in the AFCCG was:

Fisher Allegretti Reiter Wylie Remmers

Had Fisher stayed healthy, I think most of us believe we could’ve won the Super Bowl with that. Instead, Fisher goes down and we get worse (substantially) at 3 spots for the Super Bowl.

And we’re going into next season with:

Brown Thuney Blythe LDT/Long Niang

And we haven’t even had the draft yet. Who knows who might fall to us?

What a fucking offseason.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:57 AM 04-26-2021
It can't be overlooked.

This kid grew up with a very good NFL offensive linemen in his house.

If you look at the history of fathe/son offensive linemen in the NFL, you see a lot of sons that were extremely good NFL players.

Brown is not only intelligent, he almost certainly has a reasonably high football IQ and knowledge of the game.

The more I think about it, the more I think this would have been my #1 preference all offseason had I given it more of a chance. I think this move is going to end up being a pivotal moment in the Andy Reid era.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:59 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Ward isn't a difference maker? He's our #1 Corner on a 2-time AFC Championship team.

Ward is the least appreciated, most under estimated player on our team, i swear. Dude never gets the respect he deserves.
The ONLY reason I dismiss Ward when I talk about the future of the CB group is that I think there's a decent chance the Chiefs let him walk because I think he may end up being fairly expensive. He's definitely a plus corner and I think the market for him will be strong.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:01 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It can't be overlooked.

This kid grew up with a very good NFL offensive linemen in his house.

If you look at the history of fathe/son offensive linemen in the NFL, you see a lot of sons that were extremely good NFL players.

Brown is not only intelligent, he almost certainly has a reasonably high football IQ and knowledge of the game.

The more I think about it, the more I think this would have been my #1 preference all offseason had I given it more of a chance. I think this move is going to end up being a pivotal moment in the Andy Reid era.
He also grew up in a house that taught him not to trust NFL referees when they throw flags.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:01 AM 04-26-2021
The ONLY reason I dismiss Ward when I talk about the future of the CB group is that I think there's a decent chance the Chiefs let him walk because I think he may end up being fairly expensive. He's definitely a plus corner and I think the market for him will be strong.
Totally agree.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:03 AM 04-26-2021
He also grew up in a house that taught him not to trust NFL referees when they throw flags.
:-):-)
[Reply]
O.city 10:03 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

For the most part, those are the types of guys that you have to have to win SB's, but they're likely also the ones you don't pay and let walk.
[Reply]
Page 75 of 192
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Up