ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 335
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
frankotank 09:57 AM 11-05-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
The Mountain in a boxing ring.
He looked strong but extremely raw for about a round.

pff....I could take him. :-) /cp
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:36 PM 11-05-2015
I'm a few hundred pages into A Dance with Dragons now and have to say the reading is going so much more smoothly. The book is so different from the show at this point that it doesn't feel like such a grind. I legitimately find myself not wanting to put the book down.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:45 PM 11-05-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm a few hundred pages into A Dance with Dragons now and have to say the reading is going so much more smoothly. The book is so different from the show at this point that it doesn't feel like such a grind. I legitimately find myself not wanting to put the book down.
Yep. ADwD is so refreshing after AFfC. Great pacing, great action, everything.

And yes, at this point the books and the show are separate entities using some of the same characters.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:25 AM 11-06-2015
I think I know who

Spoiler!

is!!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:31 AM 11-06-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I think I know who

Spoiler!

is!!

Awesome! How do you think they'll work him into the GoT universe?
[Reply]
BigRichard 10:27 AM 11-06-2015
Awesome! How do you think they'll work him into the GoT universe?
:-) Funny thing, he probably won't realize he posted this in here and when he goes back and doesn't find it in the other thread he will be scratching his head.
[Reply]
Sorter 08:16 PM 11-09-2015
Dance is great.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:19 PM 11-09-2015
Originally Posted by frankotank:
pff....I could take him. :-) /cp
He got rocked more than once there.
[Reply]
BigRichard 10:27 AM 11-10-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Anyone with any boxing skill would have destroyed him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:17 AM 11-10-2015

[Reply]
Radar Chief 11:33 AM 11-10-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
That's why he started turning his head when throwing that thing he thinks is a jab, cause he got popped pretty good with a hook early in the match.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 11:34 AM 11-10-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Anyone with any boxing skill would have destroyed him.
I wasn't going to go there but yea, get on your bike for a couple minutes and he'll gas himself out.
Dude has zero boxing chops.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:51 PM 11-19-2015
I finished A Dance with Dragons earlier this week. I mentioned it before but it was such a refreshing read after the grind of Feast. There's so much more going on in the books than the show.

Aegon Targaryen still alive? What the balls? Mance in Winterfell, dragons on the loose, the Ironborn assault on Slaver's Bay?

Anyway, a few things:

What's everyone's idea on Jamie and Brienne? Where did they run off to?

Where is Rickon? Davos said he'd almost prefer a beheading to having to go where the kid said Rickon went. Any guesses as to his whereabouts?

I may have missed something but was there another killer in Winterfell besides Mance and his spearwives? I seem to recall another body showing up and Mance's girls claiming it wasn't their work. I suppose it could have been Manderly's doing but it didn't seem obvious.

Bran's weirwood dreams. Some seemed pretty obvious, but others not so much. You'd have to imagine that they all hold some sort of significance even if we don't initially understand why. So who was the pregnant woman praying for vengeance and was the sacrifice some of the First Men?

One final note: I liked the way Daenerys' plot line ended by riding on Drogon while he rode down a Dothraki horse as opposed to her being helplessly stranded and found by the khalasar. In the show, I got the impression that she was pretty much at the mercy of the Dothraki, but in the books it seemed maybe the Dothraki were looking for Drogon. Seeing her taming him may lead them to follow her.
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:48 PM 11-19-2015
I finished A Dance with Dragons earlier this week. I mentioned it before but it was such a refreshing read after the grind of Feast. There's so much more going on in the books than the show.

Aegon Targaryen still alive? What the balls? Mance in Winterfell, dragons on the loose, the Ironborn assault on Slaver's Bay?

Anyway, a few things:

What's everyone's idea on Jamie and Brienne? Where did they run off to?
Brienne is bringing Jaime to Lady Stoneheart so she can kill him, or at least that's what we're led to believe.

Originally Posted by :
Where is Rickon? Davos said he'd almost prefer a beheading to having to go where the kid said Rickon went. Any guesses as to his whereabouts?
Skagos.

Originally Posted by :
I may have missed something but was there another killer in Winterfell besides Mance and his spearwives? I seem to recall another body showing up and Mance's girls claiming it wasn't their work. I suppose it could have been Manderly's doing but it didn't seem obvious.
Yes, someone else is killing people in Winterfell. We don't know who it is, but I've heard people theorize that it could be Howland Reed, other seemingly minor characters we've been introduced to, a secondary personality of Theon's, etc.

Originally Posted by :
Bran's weirwood dreams. Some seemed pretty obvious, but others not so much. You'd have to imagine that they all hold some sort of significance even if we don't initially understand why. So who was the pregnant woman praying for vengeance and was the sacrifice some of the First Men?

One final note: I liked the way Daenerys' plot line ended by riding on Drogon while he rode down a Dothraki horse as opposed to her being helplessly stranded and found by the khalasar. In the show, I got the impression that she was pretty much at the mercy of the Dothraki, but in the books it seemed maybe the Dothraki were looking for Drogon. Seeing her taming him may lead them to follow her.

[Reply]
BigRichard 04:01 PM 11-19-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Brienne is bringing Jaime to Lady Stoneheart so she can kill him, or at least that's what we're led to believe.

Skagos.

Yes, someone else is killing people in Winterfell. We don't know who it is, but I've heard people theorize that it could be Howland Reed, other seemingly minor characters we've been introduced to, a secondary personality of Theon's, etc.
I guess I don't remember them stating this in the book. And I don't even know what Skagos is. What is it (or where is it)?
[Reply]
Page 75 of 335
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Up