ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 747 of 3903
« First < 247647697737743744745746747 74874975075175779784712471747 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:02 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Did you even read it? It only had 30 patients and its not like it was ineffective,it's just that patients in both groups recovered. More will be required to see if it was a fluke.
The Study was done by China, I can't think of any reason China wouldnt want the US to figure out a effective treatment for the virus they started.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:02 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
They are attention whores......... But they sure as shit are not millennials .... Oh god I sound like a boomer now
Isn't this fun!

Millennials may have been planking on toilet seats but god damn it we never licked them.

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 04:03 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Los Angeles has stopped testing altogether so it's extremely unlikely we'll ever know how many are and were infected, unless those people are admitted to ER's and given treatment.

It's like chasing a rainbow.
My sister went back to Australia 10 days ago.5 people were confirmed to have it on her flight sitting right in front and behind her.
She is on quarantine showing no symptoms. My wife has been working at the airport full time in International since this began and has certainly been exposed many times. My sons school had an outbreak a month ago in which the symptoms matched identically. Pretty sure it's been in the bay area for quite awhile now. Time to get what we need medically to address those that need it and move along already and open the economy back up.
[Reply]
SupDock 04:04 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
which is the right thing to do I think, specifically with the knowledge that hydroxychloroquine is now being used as a possible treatment. Those who have mild symptoms should get the medicine and sent home.

Hopefully we would test AFTER their prescriptions are complete to see test if it is a effective treatment.

In my understanding, not many people are being treated with this on an outpatient basis.

Would you start treating prior to test results? In many health systems people with mild symptoms are not even being tested.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 04:04 PM 03-25-2020
yep
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:04 PM 03-25-2020
California is testing. Just maybe slow to report.

[Reply]
Donger 04:04 PM 03-25-2020
has NY enacted the same testing "halt" that CA has? Surely the ERs in NY are even more crowded than CA.
[Reply]
Donger 04:06 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

Thanks for that, dirk. Cali numbers were a bright spot. Guess they still are, cautiously.
[Reply]
wazu 04:06 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
has NY enacted the same testing "halt" that CA has? Surely the ERs in NY are even more crowded than CA.
Yes.
[Reply]
Donger 04:08 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yes.
But still testing enough to come back with 5,000 new cases a day. That's some pretty chilling math...
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:08 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
He was still building the office and when all this hit some other investors, started calling. People with money to be okay were calling him freaking out and wanting to pull their money out and saying they didn’t want to stay in.

He was setting up a small over the road trucking company. Had the shop built, was almost done with the office, and entire yard/parking lot. Guess he had some contracts in the works with a few companies. So I think he and everyone else would have been ok, but the rich people lost their shit and needed their money back.

After seeing what my friend had invested compared to the rich assholes, they were less than half of him. So it’s very frustrating.
Figure out who these investors are and publicly list their names, addresses and places of work.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:09 PM 03-25-2020

#COVID19 in #KansasCity @KCMO

Four are in the hospital. #StayHomeKC pic.twitter.com/O7WaztV3vi

— KCMO Health Dept (@KCMOHealthDept) March 25, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:10 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
In Los Angeles, the ER's were instructed not to test anyone showing symptoms and to treat them as infected.

Maybe that will change once millions of kits are available.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:10 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Did you even read it? It only had 30 patients and its not like it was ineffective,it's just that patients in both groups recovered. More will be required to see if it was a fluke.
And it doesn't appear to have been combined with the azithromycin, which would mirror the results of one of the french studies that ALSO said that the HC was of marginal effectiveness on its own but seemed to demonstrate much stronger returns when combined with Z-Pack.

The problem is that the 'why' is still up for debate.

But the 'everyone panic!' crowd wants to shit on every potential positive development the second a single potential issue shows up and then claim that all of our kids are going to die after a couple of facebook posts.

The wild swings dependent exclusively ont he tenor of the news being reported is beyond the pale.
[Reply]
carlos3652 04:10 PM 03-25-2020
World wide death toll for today around the same level that is was yesterday... hopefully it holds
[Reply]
Page 747 of 3903
« First < 247647697737743744745746747 74874975075175779784712471747 > Last »
Up