ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 746 of 3903
« First < 246646696736742743744745746 74774874975075679684612461746 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 03:54 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Los Angeles has stopped testing altogether so it's extremely unlikely we'll ever know how many are and were infected, unless those people are admitted to ER's and given treatment.

It's like chasing a rainbow.
Wait, what? Why have they stopped?
[Reply]
oaklandhater 03:54 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I get the impression that you're an anxious person who legitimately is concerned about these things, but I just find this kind of information to be useless. Is it sad? Of course. But otherwise healthy people die of random shit every day.

We know that, while rare, COVID-19 kills a handful of people in every age range and health condition. Getting unnecessarily worked up about fringe cases just doesn't add to rational discussion.
fair enough I saw it and felt stressed about it I'll stop posting personal death stories in here.
[Reply]
TLO 03:54 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
I have OH on ignore.
what what the aprox date he moved here from the DC forum?
Ditto. I appreciate people that aren't quoting him.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 03:54 PM 03-25-2020
Los Angeles has stopped testing altogether so it's extremely unlikely we'll ever know how many are and were infected, unless those people are admitted to ER's and given treatment.

This.

Honestly the mortality at the end of this could be less than the flu. All that matters is the short-term compression of cases so we don’t run out of ventilators.
[Reply]
ChiefZilla 03:57 PM 03-25-2020
Thoughts on me having to do my federal jury duty in Topeka in mid April?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:57 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
The ER's have been overloaded with people showing symptoms of the virus so instead of testing them and waiting for the results, the decision has been made to begin immediate treatment.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:58 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
My understanding is that they are starting presume positive. Admitting only those in serious condition.

Considering the testing Numbers it makes sense. We have tested 418k and only 63k have come back positive. Those test would be better used on Medical personnel and first responders etc...
[Reply]
DaFace 03:58 PM 03-25-2020

You can test people for antibodies for years, so while we may not know the test result for a single person, this will be studied in detail, and we'll have a pretty good feel for how many people were infected (symptomatic or not) through random sampling down the road.
[Reply]
loochy 03:59 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
People still trying to sell Chloroquine ?

Malaria Drug Chloroquine No Better Than Regular Coronavirus Care, Study Finds

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-care-in-study
Did you even read it? It only had 30 patients and its not like it was ineffective,it's just that patients in both groups recovered. More will be required to see if it was a fluke.
[Reply]
Donger 04:00 PM 03-25-2020
The ER's have been overloaded with people showing symptoms of the virus so instead of testing them and waiting for the results, the decision has been made to begin immediate treatment.
Shit.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:00 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
They are attention whores......... But they sure as shit are not millennials .... Oh god I sound like a boomer now
Isn't this fun!
[Reply]
wazu 04:00 PM 03-25-2020
At this point the most reliable indicator/statistic to track is probably daily deaths.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:00 PM 03-25-2020
which is the right thing to do I think, specifically with the knowledge that hydroxychloroquine is now being used as a possible treatment. Those who have mild symptoms should get the medicine and sent home.

Hopefully we would test AFTER their prescriptions are complete to see test if it is a effective treatment.
[Reply]
srvy 04:00 PM 03-25-2020
OMG omg omg where is my Doc Fauci?

I want my

I want my

I want my Doc Fauci
[Reply]
DaFace 04:02 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
At this point the most reliable indicator/statistic to track is probably daily deaths.
Yep. It's a lagging indicator, but it's probably about the most reliable (until the possibility of hospital overloads causing the rate to spike).
[Reply]
Page 746 of 3903
« First < 246646696736742743744745746 74774874975075679684612461746 > Last »
Up