ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 270
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:18 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...01ad319bc&ei=9

1 team and only 1 team?

I do not know how much faith to put into this column.
Hmm. Will ARI give DHop to one of their most hated rivals, DAL? Jerry will have to up his game. But he'll probably do it if the OBJ thing falls through.
[Reply]
Dante84 04:27 PM 03-16-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...01ad319bc&ei=9

1 team and only 1 team?

I do not know how much faith to put into this column.
That entire article is based on yesterday's 'mini mac' tweet :-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:31 PM 03-16-2023
Listen,

If Hopkins is ring shopping, and that not a huge jump. He’s coming here, however Arizona with the PED suspension can trade him and he can’t block it.

His No Trade Clause is waived

So typically you trade out of conference, so either someone blinks and offers a 2nd +… Or Arizona waits till camp and someone is desperate.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:44 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Listen,

If Hopkins is ring shopping, and that not a huge jump. He’s coming here, however Arizona with the PED suspension can trade him and he can’t block it.

So typically you trade out of conference, so either someone blinks and offers a 2nd +… Or Arizona waits till camp and someone is desperate.
I think the longer this lingers, the more likely Veach can pull some rabbit out of his hat and steal Dhop somehow. If Jerry doesn't go full-blown 'Jerruh' and offer ARI a 2nd (doubt he'll want to give ARI that much value), Veach can put all his ducks in a row and might be able to finagle someway to get DHop. That's a stretch though.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 04:50 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I think the longer this lingers, the more likely Veach can pull some rabbit out of his hat and steal Dhop somehow. If Jerry doesn't go full-blown 'Jerruh' and offer ARI a 2nd (doubt he'll want to give ARI that much value), Veach can put all his ducks in a row and might be able to finagle someway to get DHop. That's a stretch though.
Sounds like OBJ to DAL instead https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/o...gning-cowboys/

Leaves KC and BAL with interest, not sure BAL can pay him and Lamar, who else is interested?
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:00 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Sounds like OBJ to DAL instead

Leaves KC and BAL with interest, not sure BAL can pay him and Lamar, who else is interested?
Don't the Giants still have a ton of cap space? They definitely are in dire need of an actual WR.
[Reply]
Dante84 05:05 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Sounds like OBJ to DAL instead https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/o...gning-cowboys/

Looks like that article is based on the first Schultz tweet. Schultz followed up that tweet with a follow up calling out the Ravens and Chiefs being in on OBJ.

At least from what I've seen (and I certainly could have missed some stuff), the latest is that we are in on OBJ, and I haven't heard anything indicating we are pursuing Hopkins outside of people saying it would be a good fit.
[Reply]
ROYC75 05:23 PM 03-16-2023
Don't the Giants still have a ton of cap space? They definitely are in dire need of an actual WR.
Giants signed Campbell.

With Slayton, probably will not go after OBJ.
[Reply]
ROYC75 05:25 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Listen,

I could see this riding out just before the draft.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:30 PM 03-16-2023
chiefs should secure the deal the day before so hopkins can come out AT THE DRAFT as a surprise
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:38 PM 03-16-2023
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda warming up to this idea as things progress... if Reid and Veach want him, it'll work
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:44 PM 03-16-2023
Giants signed Campbell.

didn't know they got Campbell.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:44 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda warming up to this idea as things progress... if Reid and Veach want him, it'll work
Exactly. I do know that Veach will not get in a bidding for him. The only thing is he might have to give up a slightly higher round pick primarily because they have the last pick in every round.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:45 PM 03-16-2023
Giants signed Campbell.

Can’t see OBJ going back to the NYG anyways.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:50 PM 03-16-2023
They reportedly want a 2nd + a player, including MVS and his $7m would allow us to absorb Hopkins contact I think.

Kelce, Hopkins, Toney, Moore, Watson, Rookie, Ross, Ross
[Reply]
Page 74 of 270
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Up